IFC X IFC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

transman63

Re: IFC X IFC

Post by transman63 »

do u think it should depend on the breeding ? and or the accomplishments of the past hounds in the pedigree.? :???:
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

Newt

Post by Newt »

Joeyman wrote:i once bought a IFC x IFC paid $500 for it I believe if my memory is right. he barely lasted one gun season with me. i got rid of it
About twenty years ago a hunting buddy had a male, Gay Deal, Charleys Ranger and Pearson Creek cross. He was the best hunting dog that I ever hunted. We took him to Sandy Creek and entered him in a LPH Trial. He didn't win, he wasn't fast enough to dominate, but scored by out checking them. While in NY we entered him in UBGF Trial just for kicks. He got back in second series, but measured out.
I liked him, bred to him and have made an effort to keep the traits of this dog in my kennel. Since then I have bought several high dollar pups and all age dogs with great pedigrees. Some I gave away and others just never made it.

jt's kennel

Post by jt's kennel »

The only way I would pay that much for a pup, and I don't care if it is IFC x IFC,is it would have to be a proven cross that was made before with a very high percentage of the pups making very good dogs. A litter that had 1 or 2 pups turn out very good out of 7-9 pups, is only worth $150 - $250.

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

wardog and jt's kennel said it best in my opinion.

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

When I started transition from grade to paper, a guy told me his akc pups he will sell to me for 30 grand a piece. I went over to green bay and his finished dogs were 1/10 of that price. I strongly believe u get what u pay, but u have to know your source. The 30 grand pups never be as good as the dogs I got from green bay. Given the experiences I went thru, 500 for a pup is still reasonable.

Sao
Minnesota Beagler

transman63

Post by transman63 »

I think beagle pups out of ifc x ifc that shows fc top and bottom at least 4 generations should be $500 all-day long .I think the akc hunting beagle has been under priced for years. in most cases u only get what u pay for.JMO.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

jt's kennel

Post by jt's kennel »

You have to keep in mind not all dogs can reproduce, so it could be a IFC and never make anything like it.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

It would have to come down to how bad I want the pup. $500.00 for a first unproven cross is a lil steep for me, to each their own.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Chippewa01

Post by Chippewa01 »

If it was a proven cross why not. If you like the bloodlines/style of dogs spend as much as you want. I used to trial bird dogs($800-$1200 pups) and when i started with the beagles it blew me away how much people whine about spending 400-500 bucks on a beagle pup...no wonder its a "poormans" sports...Just my opinion. Who is anyone to judge how much someone charges or spends for a pup..its their money and their pups...
http://www.chippewa-valley-kennels.webs.com
Home of
Ch HbCh Buckeye Bear of Brush
PcH GrHbCh Chippewa Bear Cub
GrHbCh Chippewa Little Rachel

wes smith

Post by wes smith »

When I started transition from grade to paper, a guy told me his akc pups he will sell to me for 30 grand a piece. I went over to green bay and his finished dogs were 1/10 of that price. I strongly believe u get what u pay, but u have to know your source. The 30 grand pups never be as good as the dogs I got from green bay. Given the experiences I went thru, 500 for a pup is still reasonable.

Sao

I don't understand the 30 grand pup deal?? most people here in nc dont want to pay $ 500 for a broke dog much less a pup !
but if theres people wanting to pay it sell em

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

You have to pay for what you want, good pups and good dogs are not cheap.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

IFC, tell me why that means more than F.C. or F.T.C. . Someone draws a line in the snow and if a hound wins in a club or clubs on both sides of this line ,he is then a better than a hound who's multiple wins are all on one side of this line ??? . I understand about what may or may not be a couple more wins, due to some on both sides of the line having 5 or more wins all on one side. Somehow some of us get the idea that IFC is a better hound, some of us don't understand we just walked fifty feet over a line drawn in the snow and our hound won there also, The running wasn't any more difficult the hound didn't have to be any better, the completion didn't get stiffer, !! Think about that, does the Canadian dog face stiffer competition on the U.S. side, wouldn't that mean the U.S. dogs faced lesser competition on the Canadian side? and vice versa if you choose!

hlane

Post by hlane »

Last edited by hlane on Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer Lane Kennels

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

Joeyman wrote:i once bought a IFC x IFC paid $500 for it I believe if my memory is right. he barely lasted one gun season with me. i got rid of it
I had some of the same luck but it was FC X FC I paid 1200 didn't last a season!!
I wouldn't give no more then 150 for a pup out of any thang..

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

The most sought after blood right now would be that NEK Tipper Mack dog....and he's not even a FC !!

:bigsmile: