IFC X IFC

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

transman63

IFC X IFC

Post by transman63 »

what should it be worth? male pup 8 weeks old what do u think ?
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

BCBeagles

Re: IFC X IFC

Post by BCBeagles »

I would pay $500 for it, IF it was a line I wanted, and IF it was an extreme quality pup...ex. good bite, straight legs, well set ears... that is just me.

Good luck!!

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

I know some where sold for $1000 :bash: but I'm with Jim, if I really wanted the pup and it was the bloodline I wanted then maybe $500 but beagles are the poorman sport, you want big money then go to the squirrel dogs or the coon dogs!! Or if you want to really make money they sell those fluff balls for a pretty penny you could just breed those and make a living!!)
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Hope it's not Reggie ! I agree with Jim has to have long ears .
TheJohnBirchSociety

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

I hope it is Reggie. :nod: :D only living dog to ever be put into the Hall Of Fame!!! He didn't get that honor by being a POS!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

rmhandy2

Post by rmhandy2 »

We have under valued our Beagles breed pups for years. People are paying for $500 for half beagles half pugs . I think feel champion pups should sell for 300 each. Double mated Field champions go 400 to500.

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

The market is flooded with beagles. Beagle pups are not worth more than 150 to 200, I don't give a crap what they are out of.just because they got papers it doesn't mean they are the right papers.there are a big percentage of breeders out there that have switch papers on a dog some time or another.

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

Plenty to find what you want. I believe a lot of people are just breeding themselves and raising. Selling what they don't want. You can always find something you like for the right price. Might take a while, but if its a line you really want I don't think $500 is to much. Granted I paid $400 for two pups for the line I want.

John matacia

Post by John matacia »

I payed $150 $200 for pups back in the early 80's thats over 30 years ago :?:

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

John matacia wrote:I payed $150 $200 for pups back in the early 80's thats over 30 years ago :?:
Same here .
TheJohnBirchSociety

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

and i still get them for that. its you fool that pay 500 for a pup that drives the price up. :shock: branko loves guys like you that buys a 500 dollar pup, hell with fools like that he just sits back and laughs why he is eating his t bone. :roll:

Osborne's Beagles

Post by Osborne's Beagles »

A hound is worth what someone is willing pay. It's a broad statement, but someone might only be willing to pay $200... while someone else would be willing to pay $500.

Me personally, $300 is about as high as I would go on a pup. If I was paying $500+, I would be expecting to get a nice started pup/hound.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Facts are a pup is a pup with absolutely no guarantee it will make a dog that will run a rabbit period , let alone do it any better than any other pup. I do believe that breeding best to best does have some statistical basis for producing a pup that will do a good job running a rabbit BUT the papers have little to do with it other than theory. I liken it to people fresh out of school with college degrees, they have the foundation laid with all the theory of how things should be in a perfect world BUT have absolutely no experience in real world practice. That paperwork doesn't automatically give them the knowledge, skills or ability to perform the tasks associated with the theory. Buying any pup at weaning age is a pull of the slot machine handle regardless of the paperwork attached to it and actually buying a no nothing, do nothing with no guarantee of ever knowing or doing anything pup. Now, if we are going to talk about a pup with "some" experience such as a started pup we are talking a totally different perspective in price. Folks seem to think pup prices should be commensurate upon what the parents have accomplished BUT the parents aren't the individual pup. We also see all these high priced coon hounds and squirrel dogs BUT believe me pups from either one can be bought for $150 to $200 dollars all day long.

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

i once bought a IFC x IFC paid $500 for it I believe if my memory is right. he barely lasted one gun season with me. i got rid of it
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Ron Conroe

Post by Ron Conroe »

if i was to pay 500 which i wouldn't. but if i did i would want both parents dna.