Dyne High Calorie Liquid Dietary Supplement

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Joeyman

Dyne High Calorie Liquid Dietary Supplement

Post by Joeyman »

anyone use this stuff before? looking to give my dogs a lil extra pep in their step. We run them hard during gun season back to back hunt and they get a lil worn out from the all day running.

I was told by another beagler that its good stuff

Link - http://www.gundogsupply.com/dyne-quart.html

Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

BCBeagles

Re: Dyne High Calorie Liquid Dietary Supplement

Post by BCBeagles »

Nupro...Google it.

LOVE IT!!!

They recover quickly and it keeps them sharp.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I like beef fat or beef tripe. Very high calorie and seems to add weight quick.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

cegibbs

Post by cegibbs »

maltodextrin powder after running, mix with feed go to howlingdogalaska.com for more info. used it for years

warmule

Post by warmule »

red cell comes in bottle mix it in food looks like blood tried it few years ago only problem you better run hard or they will bounce off walls of kennel
John 3:16

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Joeyman, I don't know anything about the supplement that you have mentioned or what some others have mentioned, Might just be the right stuff, but most supplements have a high calorie high fat content and nothing else. They generally carry very little protein. Which means your dog gets a quick energy boost, kind of like a caffeine high a human would get from an expresso or an energy drink. These energy drinks are not doing anything good for you beyond the moment and in the long run are hurting you. I have a feeling that your hounds probably are ran long and hard . a lot of energy is expended and muscle cells are torn down.( I know guys who can run their dogs every day of the week and they perform the same, they brag about it, but watch them run, they are not pouring it on for an hour or so at a time and then with a five minute or so interval do it again all day long. Some don't even run, just a real fast walk for us, after taking 30 minutes to find another rabbit! ) So you have to allow the cells to regenerate ( rest) and if the hound is not allowed to rest it will stay "torn Down". This means at some point your hound is going to have to have a day or so off. They also have to have increased amounts of protein, protein is the building blocks of these cells. I know there are guys that have hounds that can run all day every day, and their dad can whip your dad too, so be careful! So feed a very high protein diet with a good amount of fat. Feed your hound at least twice as much as normal, more for some , and instead of feeding it once a day do it twice a day about 8 to 10 hours apart. There are no dog foods on the market at less than $2 a pound that is sufficient. Supplement your dog food with at least a 3/4 pound of meat every day, this is what it will take! I won't say how many deer I shoot and grind for dog food every year and this includes hams and tenderloins! other than for a quick energy boost I am very skeptical of " supplements" . just my opinion on what would help you, it works for me!

lebro

Post by lebro »

Feeding raw and kibble at same time is a waste. Most experts
On feeding raw recommend fasting after feeding kibble to clean digestive track before starting on raw. God made dogs to eat raw meat why feed anything else.
broad ridge blaze,critter, delta, everstrong

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

lebro, Dogs are not strict carnivores, Cats are more carnivorious as are polar bears. If you are feeding dogs straight lean meat they will go down hill. Most dog foods though they do not contain enough meat, do have added vitamins and fats. Supplement this with meat ( what they average food is missing) and you are on your way to a more balanced diet. What most " experts" are saying is a well balanced diet of Kibble should not be supplemented with anything, This is true as it upsets the " balance" . problem with all of this is that there are very few well balanced dog foods out there regardless of what the folks that are trying to sell them tell you! God made dogs to eat more than lean meat, as they are not strict carnivores, they also eat the fat and stomach contents of animals as they must, to remain in top shape!

gunslinger

Post by gunslinger »

Joey dyne is great stuff and for just what you suggested. I use it when I'm hunting hard or trialing for a burst of energy after they have been running but dont want to feed them in the field, or before the second series or winners pack. I also use it for a dog off feed or losing weight, or I mix it with sulmet to make a cheaper version of albon a well known treatment for coccidiosis.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Joey, I read 1oz per 20lb 3x a day, 32oz is $16.95. Just glanced at it, did I read that right? If you do the math, you go thru a bottle in about 2 days with 5 dogs. After 25 years with the same company I have been "outsourced". So with lots of extra time on my hands I've ran them HARD this year and I feed Diamond Naturals chicken and rice mixed 50/50 with Diamond Naturals Extreme Athlete and it has worked very well. I will say this tho, the one female I think I could feed her potatoes and she would b ready to go every day, all day. Joey, I know you run em hard this time of year, Take that $16.95 and put it towards some better feed. Even tho I take real good care of my hounds I still will say "you can't feed a dog desire" hounds that have "it" can and will perform daily. Just my 2cents.
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

Likeemfast said take the 16.95 and buy some better dog food, exactly, my better food just comes in the form of Deer because it is more affordable, and the quality of the meat is higher than what is put into any dog food! Think about what a supplement is, Exactly what are you supplementing , answer; the dogs diet, why do we have to supplement the dog's diet, obviously because the diet is not doing the job! Feed him a proper diet to begin with and it will carry him through his work load for the day. A proper diet does not need " an energy drink" to help it out. Just my opinion based on years of being on the poor diet side as well as the proper diet side!

Chippewa01

Post by Chippewa01 »

gwyoung wrote:Likeemfast said take the 16.95 and buy some better dog food, exactly, my better food just comes in the form of Deer because it is more affordable, and the quality of the meat is higher than what is put into any dog food! Think about what a supplement is, Exactly what are you supplementing , answer; the dogs diet, why do we have to supplement the dog's diet, obviously because the diet is not doing the job! Feed him a proper diet to begin with and it will carry him through his work load for the day. A proper diet does not need " an energy drink" to help it out. Just my opinion based on years of being on the poor diet side as well as the proper diet side!
Not to highjack the thread, but what kind of feed are you using gwyoung, if you dont mind me asking. Thanks
http://www.chippewa-valley-kennels.webs.com
Home of
Ch HbCh Buckeye Bear of Brush
PcH GrHbCh Chippewa Bear Cub
GrHbCh Chippewa Little Rachel

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

chippewa01, I grind deer up, making sure I grind all of the fat into the mix as well I then feed this to them at about a half pound a day along with a half cup of purina dog chow during the summer months. ( keep an eye on them this will put too much weight on some of them) I am running them quite a bit now and have been giving them about 3/4 pound of meat with a half of cup of pro plan performance. If I run them everyday for 3 or 4 days in a row I will feed them twice a day. What this amounts to is you are feeding your hound about a half cup of Kibble everyday. this makes dog food affordable and with the addition of the free meat it makes it better than any food on the market, can't beat that! My dogs love sardines and You can buy them at Wal-Mart for .69 a can. All of this together makes a great dog food for less money than the cheapest kibble on the market. Dog chow, Pro plan,( my choice) diamond, victor, black gold, sunshine mills, 4 health, ole roy , etc; we all can pick our favorites but I don't believe there is a half pound of quality meat in a #50 bag of any of them. Not a good feed in the bunch!

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

i wish i had the time to work with and on my dogs as much as some of you guys do.
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

When I feed raw it is deer, about a half pound each dog. I still put the recommended amount of Nupro on the deer meat.

They get fed then go one day without feed(always get plenty of fresh water daily). That half pound of deer doesnt even process in the first 12 hours, so they digestive system process the raw differently. Many don't crap till middle of second day(day without feed), sometimes not at all.

I feed a quality kibble, high end, most of them have crapped one to two times by the next day I feed. Tell me they process the raw the same, not being smart just observation. I have done this for a while, not new at it.

Dogs have consistant weight even when not getting run hard. Muscle tone is noticeable. Same for pups and young dogs, I welcome anyone to come look at mine and say boy those dogs look like they aren't getting run, quality management of food will keep them ready at all times.

Good luck with your hounds.