Any Ideas

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

z-nail

Any Ideas

Post by z-nail »

photo.JPG
photo.JPG (163.23 KiB) Viewed 1268 times
My dogs nose has had this sore since August. Took her to the Vet stated it would not heal and they really don't know what it is. they suggest I have it removed surgically after hunting season. Have had the dog laid up all deer season and it is no better. Any Ideas

Donnie Durbin

Re: Any Ideas

Post by Donnie Durbin »

get a new vet

Woodhavenrabbitdogs

Post by Woodhavenrabbitdogs »

I dont know what it is and am not pretending to be a vet but have you rubbed any NUSTOCK on it? that stuff seems to wipe out most skin issues
Rodney E Miller
Central Ohio
Woodhaven Captain Howdy
Woodhaven White Trailer Trish
Wapajo Hermione

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I was getting very similar crusty scabs all over the dogs ears and neck. The scabs would crumble and you could pick it off and it would grow right back bigger. My vet told me it was a fungal skin infection caused by wet/damp bedding. very difficult when you're running dogs several times a week and putting them back in the kennel wet to keep all the bedding dry... Have you noticed any scabs around the neck and ears?

I removed all the bedding from my kennels and put electric heat pads inside and I haven't had any trouble since then.

I would try an anti-fungal cream and be sure to keep your betting extremely dry
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I agree try NUSTOCK, it works very well on many different skin problems.
BONE BOX BEAGLES