Video: Would You Be Running Or Stay Home?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mcardery2k

Video: Would You Be Running Or Stay Home?

Post by mcardery2k »

Several of our guys did not make the trip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCfYewKX ... uscomments

Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com

Will05

Re: Video: Would You Be Running Or Stay Home?

Post by Will05 »

Nice Video dogs did great!!
Wsullivan777@gmail.com
Home of :
Sullivan's Sadie MaePatch
Sullivan's MollyPatch

sem

Post by sem »

I was out Saturday morning in that but didnt do near as good asy you. Hunted 4 hours without a jump. Still better than being at work but it was a bad day hunting.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

Nice video and a harmonious group of mouths. Wad getting stuck would make me a little concerned. I think I'd have the choke opened a bit if it happens consistently. That said, I'm thinking of getting a barrel for my contender. We shot a round of skeet with one once. I broke 17 out of 25, but that was a few years ago.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

Nice video.i felt like an idiot being out hunting on saterday. we had about six inches of snow and it was 25 deg and raining. by the time i got home i had about a 1/4 of an inch of ice built up on me .. only took one young male to see how he ran on snow. jumped one rabbit and after three circles i finally killed it and decided that was enough for the day. all in all it was a good day. my young male slowed down to a flat med speed and really ran smooth i couldnt have been more happy with him.

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

Buckeye Blues

Post by Buckeye Blues »

sem wrote:I was out Saturday morning in that but didnt do near as good asy you. Hunted 4 hours without a jump. Still better than being at work but it was a bad day hunting.
Ditto

We were out as well. Couldn't find a rabbit. Not just the dogs, but we tried stomping piles to get 1 up. we couldn't even jump one. The dogs hunted hard. They were all up in the logged out tree tops, but just couldn't get one up. It was 25 degrees, 7- 10 mph winds. There were 3" on the ground and it was still coming down pretty good. I would have thought we would have throttled them that day. There were deer tracks, and squirrel tracks. But the few rabbit tracks from the night before we did see were barely detectable with no new fresh ones. Were they all holed up and sitting tight because they were all out the night before? I don't know, but we sure couldn't roust one.

At least the hounds got out for the 1st time in 2 weeks for a much needed run. I would have been upset if we or the dogs were jumping rabbits and couldn't run them, but that wasn't the case.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Glad I live in eastern NC.

mcardery2k

Post by mcardery2k »

I was out the day before with about 2" of snow with rabbit tracks all over. Never jumped a rabbit till late afternoon. You just never know how it is going to play out. I hunted for close to 5 hours without a rabbit but I always enjoy watching the dogs work. The longer they go without a rabbit the harder it seems to make them work.
Mark~
Mark Carder
skyviewsbeagles.com