Bizarre dog story

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

mybeagles

Bizarre dog story

Post by mybeagles »

Friend of mine gave me a 1 year old started dog that he didn't have time for and I was thrilled to get her. Day after I picked her up I went to run her with my broke dog. New dog (kimpo) took a deer. Hit her pretty hard with shocker, it broke up race but she scampered off. My other dog started a rabbit and I went looking for Kimpo. After 2 hours I was unable to find. I was running property on the edge of the city limits to to the ongoing deer season. When she didn't show up I decided she must've gone to a house or local business. When I didn't get a phone call I decided to go back that evening and circle the property again but no luck.

Last night one week after I lost her I get a phone call from a lady 40 miles from where where I was running. This lady asked me if I had a male dog missing as well. She explained that A male dog was wearing a red shock collar but was hit by a car and killed on the road and someone stopped and took the collar off him. This was in Ovid, Michigan on M-21.

Not only did my dog have a shock collar on her but she also had a leather collar with name tape and phone number that was still on her. Was glad to get my female back but very surprised that someone would keep her without calling and then reprogram my shock collar and use for another dog. Even more surprised that someone would stop and take a shock collar off a dog that just got hit in the road.
Last edited by mybeagles on Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

Remmy

Re: Bizarre dog story

Post by Remmy »

Wow...some people do weird things.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

Lone Pine Beagles

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

The next time shocking her I'd have a 50 ft rope attached!
Sounds like she runs after getting poked.

Yes, there are a lot of dishonest people out there.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

This is second time in as many years I've had dog snatched up while running and collar removed....

I sure hope someone buys that SOB a 6 dog unit for Christmas....I'm down to 1 collar....anyone running deal on replacement collars for G3 Trashbreaker.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Glad you got her back . ;)
TheJohnBirchSociety

steveh

Post by steveh »

when I was in school 25 years ago I had a male that like to take a deer every now and then. So I barrowed a shock collar and away I went. Never using one before I didn't put the prongs in (not sure why my buddy didn't have them in there) but anyways. He took a deer and away he went. A month later while I was in school a lady answered the missing dog add with reward from the paper. She asked about the reward my dad said $25, she told my dad it wasn't enough cause of the fancy collar. So my dad coughed up $50 for her and got my dog and the collar back. Some people just cant do the right thing.

Slaux

Post by Slaux »

Just remember, Karma's a B---h!!!!

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

steveh wrote:when I was in school 25 years ago I had a male that like to take a deer every now and then. So I barrowed a shock collar and away I went. Never using one before I didn't put the prongs in (not sure why my buddy didn't have them in there) but anyways. He took a deer and away he went. A month later while I was in school a lady answered the missing dog add with reward from the paper. She asked about the reward my dad said $25, she told my dad it wasn't enough cause of the fancy collar. So my dad coughed up $50 for her and got my dog and the collar back. Some people just cant do the right thing.

I would have told them I would give them $50 then when I showed up call the police and have them come out and say she was blackmailing and holding ransom and dognapping!!! That would have changed her tune real quick!!!! Some people just need a good old fashion teaching!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Dave I sure am sorry to hear about that
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

A strange world we live in.
Monte told me of people that would pick up running beagles and haul them 20mi. an them dump them off, they just either hate hunters or cause trouble.

Glad you got your hound and collar.
Talked to my buddy Gerald last night and he has a 3 dog trash breaker he wants to sell for $350. He lives up by Portage Ind.

Dago

Post by Dago »

About 20 yrs ago we had a 13" male take a deer and we never found him. A year later we received a call that someone found our dog in a trap. We looked outside in pens and told them we aren't missing any dogs.
We thought about dog from yr before, went to check and it was him. We think the people that called are the ones that had him whole time but didn't want to pay vet bill for injured leg. Weird thing is that they kept collar w our name on it whole time. We treated the dog and took him out running, he took another deer and never seen him again. That was nowhere near the first place we lost him. Even if he would've been found the sec time it prob would've been last time he drove anything anyway.

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

Probably 12 years ago I was hunting in the Dansville State game area. My dogs were running a rabbit when all the sudden my best dog, Sam shut-up. He just vanished. Looked for him for days and never found him. This game area is about 20 miles north of my house. 21 months later I get a call from a guy down by Moon Lake(12 miles south of me and across I-94) he says he has my dog. I go there and it is Sam, fat and happy. Sure makes me wonder?

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

Some one picked up 3 of my dogs, took the shock collars off of them, turned two dogs lose about 2 miles down the road and kept one of the dogs. I posted up online every where I could about the missing dog and collars. I get a call from a preacher saying someone put my shock collars in the mail box of his church. The shock collars were zip tied to the other collar on the dog. You had to cut the zip tie to get the shocker off. I have still yet to find that dog. It was a young female out of Butkus. You never know....
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

It's a sick low-life that would steal someone's dog. There should be a serious fine/restitution/jail time for the scum bags.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

If I was wealthy I would have one of those tracking devices installed inside. Would be entertaining to show up at someone's house with search warrant and find all the stolen goods. You know they don't just steal from one person. :shock:
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly