What bloodline or type of dog?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

DINGUS MAN

What bloodline or type of dog?

Post by DINGUS MAN »

What bloodlines or type of dog runs compatible to a linebred run em over tank dog. We know tank won in just about every format. Thanks

Casey Harner

Re: What bloodline or type of dog?

Post by Casey Harner »

Why not find dogs out of or grand pups?? If I was to want tank style dogs I would look for dogs who go back to him. Other lines might not be your ticket to what you want.

I know Shannon Howard has hounds who have tank in them. He likes the ranger Dan blood as well...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

DINGUS MAN

Post by DINGUS MAN »

Just want to know what lines are similar.....so ranger Dan is similar?

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

DINGUS MAN wrote:Just want to know what lines are similar.....so ranger Dan is similar?

No clue, only heard about Tank and know a little bout Ranger Dan. From what I heard they sound similar.

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Tank was bred a bunch, rightfully so, he was a good hound.

I have seen conservative hounds go back to him and then the other end of that. Probably finding someone with a linebred Tank hound might give you your closest answer. Some UKC folks hounds here around me trace back to Tank and they are not similar to the Ranger Dan hounds I have.... much quicker and more agressive on the line...I call them rough....others love them. To each his own.

Good luck!

bbg

Post by bbg »

The Tank dogs that I have seen in AKC SPO are much cleaner and more conservative than the Ranger Dan dogs I have seen.
There is a lot of Tank blood still winning in the NEBGF.

DINGUS MAN

Post by DINGUS MAN »

The one I'm looking at is a arha pp and arha lp style dog...I'd say she can run ukc pp too.....is NEBGF AND UBGF pretty close to the same type of dog?

sanfordssj

Post by sanfordssj »

Pound the ground willie moe.....
Call doug hummel
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

bbg

Post by bbg »

DINGUS MAN wrote:The one I'm looking at is a arha pp and arha lp style dog...I'd say she can run ukc pp too.....is NEBGF AND UBGF pretty close to the same type of dog?
Same style but NEBGF dogs are typically faster than UBGF. 2xNSPC FC Bramble Run Jumpin Jack Smack placed 2nd at the NEBGF championship trial.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

i owned a bitch out of tank
when my lil boy had to have open heart i sold almost all my dogs and she was one
now jeremy rice has her and i will say this
hill top pretty penny is one of the best out there if you want to talk about hunt jump gun all day long total package simply put
the best gun dog i have carried a gun behind
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

DINGUS MAN

Post by DINGUS MAN »

Great...this female has as good as hunt that I've seen in a while too...thanks foxy

tdog

Post by tdog »

If you are looking for a bloodline that can run multiple formats check out this Jigs blood. Frenchmans Zacarys last has wins and placements in multiple formats. Arha PP, AKC Midwest, and UKC HH. He would also have fit well in UKC PP but did not get the chance starting his trialing career at 8.5 years old. His offspring are also carrying his traits and placing in multiple formats.. My advise would be to stay with the 13 inch hounds and you will have a better chance getting one to fit in all these formats.. This was my goal to breed that style hound and so far Zac is accomplishing that goal.

NeilKimbrel7

Post by NeilKimbrel7 »

The bitch line is gonna be half the cross. Foot and line control can be altered in very few breedings so its hard to know what your tank bred female is like. However, I think its complete hounds that have success in multiple formats. Kane has had as much success trialing in multiple formats as any dog I know. Glomskis j dell dog has also won in a lot of formats.
HOF LPGRCH GRPCH FCGD Kimbrel's Kickem Up Kane
Kimbrel's Flyby Foxy lady
Kimbrel’s Rock
Peeple’s Naughty Girl

BAOTB

jeremy rice

Post by jeremy rice »

I have twodogs with tank blood. Like foxy said Penny is direcly ou of tank and her bottom side is johnny paycheck. The other 1 is directly out of Reggie and doubled up tank on bottom Misty is her name. She has won and placed in every format she has been in. She is a pkc ukc hb champ needs a win in nkc lp and pp to champ in that and just a few points to champ in performance pack plus has dabbled in Midwest. Like neil said a lot of factors in the cross. And as foxy said penny is by far the best gun dog I have ever seen and been behind
RICE'S BEAGLES
Jeremy, Amy
Zack,Ashlee Rice