help with beagles that run fox/coyote

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

adirondackjoe

help with beagles that run fox/coyote

Post by adirondackjoe »

i have 3 beagles that i'm real happy with. at one time or another they had all run deer but with so many deer in my area it was easy to break them. my trouble now is fox and coyotes. theirs as many of them as there are rabbits. if they run one buy the time i figure it out its been run for 25 minites. i caught them on a coyote red handed today and BLASTED them good with the collar. i hope that cured them but i don't trust them. any one ever had this problem and found a cure? if so i'd love to hear it. i can't believe i'm the only one ever to have this problem.

mybeagles

Re: help with beagles that run fox/coyote

Post by mybeagles »

Run with a guy that hunted coyote with beagles....lots of fun but that's not what you want to hear. Owned a little male that I could never break off deer or coyote and I through everything including the kitchen sink at him.

If you want to break off fox/coyote I recommend finding a fox/coyote training pen. The owners can coax the coyote/fox right out into open with dog food. Would be easy to set up your dogs.

If all else fails, there is good market for coyote hounds that can get it done!
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

MasonKane Kennels

Post by MasonKane Kennels »

Down here the coyote run our beagles! That would probably break him!

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

thanks guys. i'm gonna try to find a pen near me.