Measuring card

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Bakersbeagles

Re: Measuring card

Post by Bakersbeagles »

I agree with foxxy. I understand it's not official and that I can be challenged at anytime but that's not why I have it. I only get it to speed up the process and I don't have to get my dogs measured every single time. I will have it on all dogs. I don't care if they r 13 in or 14 7/8. And if it's raining I don't have to stand out in the rain just to have a dog measured when I know my dogs are under 15 inches anyway. It's only $8. I blow $8 all the time on stuff far worse than that.
Home of:
Cut-N-Runs Duke Junior
Cut-N-Runs One Tuff Cookie
LPRC Tri State Skid Row

Little Indian Creek

Post by Little Indian Creek »

you want to talk about a rip off and who is making money how about 30 dollars to register, another 35 if it is a day late (witch most are) and another 65 if it is a year late, now that is a rip off. The 8 dollars I just spent for my 13" dogs measuring card is the best 8 dollars I spent in a long time
Kenny Lain
Little Indian Creek Kennels
AKC & NKC Beagles

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Once you get hound measured by an official breed inspector you can get a form for a official measurement card. It cost $8.00.
The card helps speed up signing in process by cutting down on time.
Guys get to a trial, go in fill paper work out
Go back outside bring your hounds in stand in line maybe. Waitng to get measured.
Plus hounds are going to s- - t and pee in clubhouse if there measuring inside. Some do it out side
After measured take hound back to truck and come in and pay.

With a card pull in club, walk in fill paper out, show measurement card , pay, and wait for cast to be drawed.

Only at staging area, guy can question judge bout size of hound. If there is issue, then breed inspector at club will measure hound again.

I'm agree with foxxy, it don't matter to me if there 13 1/2 or 14 7/8, I like card just cause saves time.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

NorthBranch Rummer wrote:Ive been away from NKC trials for some time, I don't recall ever having to pre measure at a little pack hunt. So how does it speed up registration?? :bash:
Must have changed since last one you was at, now ALL dogs that don't have a Card must be measured before they can enter the Hunt.
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

i rather pay 18 in reg fee than 32
and give 8 witch makes total 26 thas still cheaper than akc
i personally right now absolutly hate akc
come to a big hunt like last indiana state hunt it was raining my dogs stayed in
the box dry. and i was dry as well witch is a plus
the card is worth it to me
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

NorthBranch Rummer

Post by NorthBranch Rummer »

The last World Hunt I was at, I think was right before they were putting this in affect. Never been a big fan of the measuring rules for NKC, doesn't sound like its gotten any better. Make sure I got this correct- Now you have to premeasure before registration, (or buy an $8 measure card). But you can still be challenged at the staging area and have to be re-measured by the same guy that just measured you before registration??? :bash:

COB4190

Post by COB4190 »

The Breed Inspector measures your hound before the hunt. If your hound is challenged at the casting area, the Master of Hounds will measure it.No one is forcing anyone to get a Measurement Card.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Just come on over to AKC where your permant measured card means what it says!!! The only time you can be remeasured is by a AKC rep. also there is no waiting in line to get measured because only the winners pack dogs get measured!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

I don't run oversize dogs. I have given a few oversize dogs away to hunters. I have never had a dog measured at the stake either. If a person buys a permanent measuring card I feel the only person who should measure the dog is an official from the organization. Creates too many gray areas for inspectors and other folks in the organization. It's best to just leave the big dogs at home I guess! I have seen many little dogs beat big ones!

dogwhisperer

Post by dogwhisperer »

here is my problem with all this... it stated right in the rule book that once a hound had been measured he could not be measured at the same trial again. now if i measure my dog in the morning and billy bob wants him measured in the finals at noon will he be measured twice at the same trial? i believe so. and buy this they are breaking their own rule. i know the rule says challenged and not measured but really whats the difference?
HOF COMP HOF REP GRRCH GRBCH TURBO POWERED BY TURBO
GRRCH BCH POOR BOY POWERED HANK
GRRCH BCH SUGARRUN TRIPLE X
RCH SUGARRUN EARTH RATLIN RUBY
RCH SUGARRUN ROCK-N-ROOSTER
RCH BURR OAK SUZIE

Chuck Prather

Post by Chuck Prather »

Very well put dog whisperer.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

That's the reason I love fun trials.Never had seen a dog measure.