Question about an eye injury

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Briar Busten Beagles

Question about an eye injury

Post by Briar Busten Beagles »

I have a good male dog that stuck a stick in his eye 2 weeks ago. I have been putting eye antibotioc in his eye and oral antibotioc. Looks like now he will lose his eye. The stick stuck right in the middle of his eye. I am wondering what my options are? Also do you have any idea if it will effect the dogs hunting. He is a LP Champion with 3 wins toward Grand. He is also a lp show champion with 2 wins toward grand. I know he will be done on the bench. I am hoping this eye thing will not effect his running & hunting. Any help? Thanks Jim Stinnett

bowhunter59

np prob

Post by bowhunter59 »

as long as u get the eye under control no infections he will be fine have a friend that had a oneeyed beagle was a good dog for sure so it wont hurt his hunting.good luck to ya
god is so good!

BlueLine

Post by BlueLine »

I have Gay female that's blind in one eye due to a similar injury. I never even knew she was blind in the eye until I took her to the vet shortly after buying her. She is a great little hunter and excellent jump dog. No, it wont bother them a bit.
Ray

James Carman

Eye Injury

Post by James Carman »

I had this happen to one of Mine years ago. The eye healed in a cone shape so that it protruded beyond the eye lid. I had to have the eye removed and the lid sewn shut. It did not effect the dogs ability or desire to hunt.