line bred Jigs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Buckeye Bob

line bred Jigs

Post by Buckeye Bob »

I have liked what I have observed out of the Jiggs bloodline and wonder if there is anyone still linebreeding for the qualities that Jiggs possessed?

Tuff-E-Nuff

Re: line bred Jigs

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

We have a nice 2 yr old that's doubled on top and bottom with Jigs and also a 5month old male pup that is loaded with Jigs also, I have always liked the Jigs dogs and trying to keep a little of it in my kennel,
You can see the ones I have and pedigree on my site http://www.tuffenuffkennels.com/
TDOG on here has a male thats about as close as you can get to Jigs.
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

Buckey bod if yoh can get text message pic on your phone I well send you a ped of a female that I got that is line breed jiggs closer than any dog I have seen my number is 8598687062 if someone knows how to post ped I would appreciate if they cohld post hers for me looking to breed her to a male that is breed similar it looks like I well goto zack but would like to see if there any line breed males
if they dont hunt they dont stay

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

it wont let me connect to your site tuff wanted to see how your dogs were breed

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

If you want to get some low down on Jiggs dogs talk to Jonah Staten.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Brad I sent a PM

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

Brad, send me a text and I will reply with a pedigree
423 489 4643
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

hlane

Post by hlane »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote:If you want to get some low down on Jiggs dogs talk to Jonah Staten.
YEP! YEP!
Hammer Lane Kennels

tdog

Post by tdog »

Hello Bob,
I like others on here love the jigs line. Check out frenchmans zacarys last on the general services page. I am almost 100 percent positive he is the last breeding grandson to Jigs. I have a few line breed Jigs females I plan to breed in the spring. One of them is listed on upcoming litters under Zac and Teenie. We will make this cross again in the spring. I am hoping to keep this Jigs line going for a little longer and contribute some great hounds along the way. Zac has been a great joy to run and own and is passing a lot of his traits on to his pups. I hope you like so many others have great stories to tell about Jigs breed hounds..
:D

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

hlane wrote:
Shady Grove Beagles wrote:If you want to get some low down on Jiggs dogs talk to Jonah Staten.
YEP! YEP!
HERE :!: HERE :!: FORSURE :!: :!: :!:
And has a nice REGGIE & JIGGS MALE ALSO THROWING GOOD GUN DOGS :!:

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

You almost use to be able to spot heavy Jigs bred dogs from a distance.Ears and tails would be so scared after 3 or 4 yrs.they couldn't hardly grow hair on them any more.Saw some that were hot blooded also,couldn't run them with anything but each other they would tear it up.Toughest,gritest,meanest beagles I ever saw.The guy that had them liked them that way.When he put young dogs into the pack it was survival of the fittest.You hear people say such and such dog has no regard for their body when it comes to hunting.His dogs really didn't.His got to the point that the only thing that could or would breed his mean females were his own males.
Last edited by pilotknob on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

I agree pilotknob you know alot of people claim to have a jiggs dog but they dont have his traits just because they have the name doesn't mean they are a true jiggs breed dog look forward to crossing my female I talked to jonah and boy does he know his dogs he ran with or owned every dog in his dogs ped its always nice to talk to a man with knowledge thanks for taking the time and talking with me

didion419

Post by didion419 »

Sounds like hunt and more hunt is a trait of this breed what are some of the other traits you get from this line

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

Absolutely ! Jonah knows Jiggs bloodline. I had a young male out of his Sam dog. Sure could run a rabbit they way I liked. Unfortunately he died a couple weeks ago. You won't meet a better guy than Jonah. I also believe that some people claim to have Jiggs blood but that dog doesn't even come close to having jiggs traits

brad stewart

Post by brad stewart »

Like you said they had tons of hunt and desire they were very hard hitting front of the pack running hounds