IFC RILEYS ROLLING TRAIL Offspring

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Pine Lakes

Re: IFC RILEYS ROLLING TRAIL Offspring

Post by Pine Lakes »

I am the breeder and former owner of Crow's two dogs out of Trails X Spencer's Blue Moon. Pine Lakes Moon Trails and Pine Lakes Tsunami(Sue) were both young dogs that placed in Mid-West liscenced trials. Both are superior rabbit dogs. Intelligent, easy to train, quiet in the kennel, excellent with kennel mates, good hunt, good line control, as close to perfect with their mouths as can be expected, and just a joy to own. The reason I sold them is they lacked just a little foot for me, but I've seen slower dogs win and finish. I just prefer a dog that is up front more and that may be a fault of mine, not theirs.

If I were to use trails as a stud again, the female would need to have the following attributes:
1. Nose.
2. Plenty of mouth. If she has some extra, Trails will clean it up so don't be afraid of it. I would breed a female with extra to him before I would breed one that was on the tight side.
3. I would probably use a female that was quicker and more aggresive on the track than Moon was. After I bred her to trails I give her to Chris Spencer(original owner) and he bred her to a male he got from me out of Stoneyhill's Gator X Wazny's Cold Cash Biscuit and they were more aggressive on the track. It actually was a better cross(for a person trialing in the Mid-West) than the cross with Trails and I'm sure Trails was the better dog of the two, but both are well above average dogs or better. My good friend Chris Spencer was also the breeder and owner of FC Spencer's Blue Flame(prior to D Hoog) and I had the pleasure of running and hunting over her. She is precisely the type of dog I would breed to trails. Big nose, claim quick, and hard driving. She was a fantastic bitch and I wish Hoog would have kept her. Ironically, her and the Moon female I used were closely related. Moon's sire was a full brother to Flame who was out of FC Brent's Primetime X FC Spencer's Turbo Babe, another great cross. Moon's dam, Spencer's Blue Belle, was out of FC Turbo Powered By Prop X Iron Maiden Of Kingwood(IFC Maravic's Blue Ninja X Kingwood Twister). I remember when Chris walked through the door with Maiden after picking her(and her mother) up from Al Winkler's. Maiden and Belle as it turns out, were the very same type of dog as the litter I raised from Trails and Moon.

I recently sold a male out of Trails X Murphy's Little Mandy and he was a big, hard hunting, hard hitting male. He could solo a rabbit like he was looking at it. The kind of dog I like, but running males doesn't fit as well into my family schedule as running 15" females. That and I want to have an established foundation which, I believe, starts with a good bitch line. I also like the fact that some old guy down by Germantown runs them too and we can "hook up" occasionally. I don't think he likes me though.

I currently own a female out of Trails X Amann's Little Queen(FC Branko's Lumber Easy Rider X FC White Oak Creek B&J's Blitz) that can fly. I've seen her lead a pack of big males, but she can be a little over competative. I think she is a late bloomer and was tight with her mouth when younger, we'll soon see. Some time by herself will do her good I think/hope.

I will say if I just hunted like Crow does, he would have never owned them because they would have never left my kennel. They are a great representation of the breed. Their only fault was their owner at the time, but they are in good hands now. Daniel let me know when you are going to breed Sue, I have a couple good ideas and I would love to buy a female pup.
Last edited by Pine Lakes on Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tdog

Post by tdog »

Pine Lakes,
That is a very good post. Exactly what people are looking for when choosing a stud for their female. From what I have seen you described a perfect female to take to him.

Wicker's Beagles

Post by Wicker's Beagles »

I've got in my possession the desired female you've described, she's lives within a 5 mile drive of Trails home

1. Nose, on sod or snow she has plenty
2. lots of mouth, every breath on the edge of almost too much mouth.
3. Extreme Search, hunts like a bird dog, this female never walks she is in a constant run, jumps tons of rabbits
4. Plenty of foot with Gears, can lead, slot up , or clean up a race from the middle
5. Extreme stamina, hyper acting, takes a couple days to wear her down.
6. She comes from a long line of producing field trial winners and is a great gun hunting rabbit dog

She has running through her veins most of the top producing bloodlines in our sport, one would have to look extremely hard and spend a ton of cash to come up with a better performing line than this female.

Stormie will likely have a Prom date with Trails in spring of 2014

...................................FTC Branko’s Jack of All Trades
.............................FC Branko’s Heli-Prop
...................................Branko’s Speedy Devil
.......................FC Turbo Powered by Prop
...................................FTC Armando’s Little Conman
.............................FC Elk Creek Blue Babe
...................................Camp Creek Gertrude
.........FC Turbo Charged Thunder Blue
...................................IFC Maravic’s Blue Ninja
.............................FC Greenbrier Maravic’s Simba
...................................FC Greenbrier’s Old Black Magic
...................... Marivic’s Blue Girl
...................................IFC Maravic’s Blue Ninja
.............................FC Maravic’s Blue Moon
..................................Greenbrier Charity
........Wicker’s Thundering Super Storm –D.O.B 11-20-2007
................................... FTC Getemout Jim Beau
............................FTC Otterbrook Top Dog
...................................FTC Otterbrook Two Ton Tesie
..................FTC Mikerma’s Super Dog
....................................FTC Mellowrun Sky
...........................FTC Mikerma’s Hawaiian Music
...................................Queen Mountain Run
........Pendleton’s Super Dot
..................................IFC Mark V’s Ace in the Hole
.........................FC Indian Hills Trapper
..................................FC Indian Hills Princess II
....................Morning Stars Little Cindy
...................................FTC The Elms Jiggs Maggie’s Mate
.........................Schroeder’s RJ Candy
..................................Merry Bee Susie

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

Definately the ideal female in my opinion. Good luck with them.

I've always been a huge fan of Northway Driver and Northway Spur, but I never cared for Northway Ninja or Northway Jumpmaster offspring. A big hard hittin female with Driver close up bred to Trails would be something I would love to see. I just don't think there are any around. A female out of IFC Cedar Beck Blazer would be another good idea also. If anybody makes a cross like this let me know please.

Crow

Post by Crow »

Pine Lakes wrote:I am the breeder and former owner of Crow's two dogs out of Trails X Spencer's Blue Moon. Pine Lakes Moon Trails and Pine Lakes Tsunami(Sue) were both young dogs that placed in Mid-West liscenced trials. Both are superior rabbit dogs. Intelligent, easy to train, quiet in the kennel, excellent with kennel mates, good hunt, good line control, as close to perfect with their mouths as can be expected, and just a joy to own. The reason I sold them is they lacked just a little foot for me, but I've seen slower dogs win and finish. I just prefer a dog that is up front more and that may be a fault of mine, not theirs.

If I were to use trails as a stud again, the female would need to have the following attributes:
1. Nose.
2. Plenty of mouth. If she has some extra, Trails will clean it up so don't be afraid of it. I would breed a female with extra to him before I would breed one that was on the tight side.
3. I would probably use a female that was quicker and more aggresive on the track than Moon was. After I bred her to trails I give her to Chris Spencer(original owner) and he bred her to a male he got from me out of Stoneyhill's Gator X Wazny's Cold Cash Biscuit and they were more aggressive on the track. It actually was a better cross(for a person trialing in the Mid-West) than the cross with Trails and I'm sure Trails was the better dog of the two, but both are well above average dogs or better. My good friend Chris Spencer was also the breeder and owner of FC Spencer's Blue Flame(prior to D Hoog) and I had the pleasure of running and hunting over her. She is precisely the type of dog I would breed to trails. Big nose, claim quick, and hard driving. She was a fantastic bitch and I wish Hoog would have kept her. Ironically, her and the Moon female I used were closely related. Moon's sire was a full brother to Flame who was out of FC Brent's Primetime X FC Spencer's Turbo Babe, another great cross. Moon's dam, Spencer's Blue Belle, was out of FC Turbo Powered By Prop X Iron Maiden Of Kingwood(IFC Maravic's Blue Ninja X Kingwood Twister). I remember when Chris walked through the door with Maiden after picking her(and her mother) up from Al Winkler's. Maiden and Belle as it turns out, were the very same type of dog as the litter I raised from Trails and Moon.

I recently sold a male out of Trails X Murphy's Little Mandy and he was a big, hard hunting, hard hitting male. He could solo a rabbit like he was looking at it. The kind of dog I like, but running males doesn't fit as well into my family schedule as running 15" females. That and I want to have an established foundation which, I believe, starts with a good bitch line. I also like the fact that some old guy down by Germantown runs them too and we can "hook up" occasionally. I don't think he likes me though.

I currently own a female out of Trails X Amann's Little Queen(FC Branko's Lumber Easy Rider X FC White Oak Creek B&J's Blitz) that can fly. I've seen her lead a pack of big males, but she can be a little over competative. I think she is a late bloomer and was tight with her mouth when younger, we'll soon see. Some time by herself will do her good I think/hope.

I will say if I just hunted like Crow does, he would have never owned them because they would have never left my kennel. They are a great representation of the breed. Their only fault was their owner at the time, but they are in good hands now. Daniel let me know when you are going to breed Sue, I have a couple good ideas and I would love to buy a female pup.
Probably going to make a cross this spring when she comes in. Either her or my little B&T female (you know I think a lot of her to). Either way, if it's the B&T female I'm seriously considering Trails (mine not THE) as the cross with her simply because they compliment each other so well. Neither have any major flaws or really any flaws to speak of with exception of maybe speed and competitiveness but I don't see this as flaws as both are exactly what I like in both regards.

If Sue comes in first I'll probably breed her, I'll get with you on what you're thinking, we should have until mid March to early April if she hits when I think she will. As for a pup, they're not for sale to you, your money's no good here. But I'd be glad to give ya one :D Talk to you soon.

huntersdinnertrain

Post by huntersdinnertrain »

I have two grand daughters of Trails. They are out Goldies Doc Hollywood X Lone Acres Lonely Lady, she is directly out of Trails.
One is Blue Tick and the other is Red and White, they are really nice looking hounds.
I got them at 8 weeks old, one was a little shy at first but came right out of it.
I have been taking them to the field since I got them, they are very fast learners, they handle pretty good but need some work.
They are now almost 5 months old now, they both opened on wild rabbits at just over 4 months old.
I have been running them with two 12 inch medium speed males that are great jump dogs, these two little girls are showing the boys how to get it done.
They havent circled a rabbit yet but it wont be long, we"ve had crusty snow on the ground for about a month now, they do ok on it but I cant wait to seem them go in good scenting conditions.
They are also very quite in the kennel, even at feeding time.
I wish I could have bought the entire litter :D

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

Pine Lakes wrote:

Pine lakes, I have been doing alot of research on a bitch I own and came across your post. My bitch is out of Hurry up percy which I believe is a littermate sister to amanns queen. She too had the exact same mouth tightness when she was young but seems to use it more and more as she ages. I'm not saying it couldnt be trail's gene but to see two young dogs with the same trait from littermate sisters makes me think its coming from the bitch side. I'm not sure how yours nose is but I would like to add just a little of that to mine as well if I was to make the "perfect dog". She too is very competitive and has plenty of foot for midwest.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Joeyman

Post by Joeyman »

I owned two out of trails and both didn't stay here.
Missouri rabbits running for their lives!!!!

Give us a like on FACEBOOK search for Track Em Down Kennels

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

I have a female out of Trails X Talkabout Blue Iris ( Double A's Little Maggie ) that I really like a lot, she has some age on her now but can still flat run a rabbit, also own a Trails X Black Gates Lady Bug male that I might trial some this spring if all goes well. Below is a pic of Maggie
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

kjohn2hunt

Post by kjohn2hunt »

I've got a male out of Trails and Blue Moon that I like a lot . Plenty of nose foot and very accurate on the line.
RC Johnson's Rock'em Sugar
RC Johnson's Rock'em Jack
RC Copelands Super Dooper
GBC RC Peters P&P Jake
Johnson's Hydro
RC Johnson's Rock'em Voodoo
14 others in the making

huntinmup2

Post by huntinmup2 »

Trails is still producing super nice pups... the majority starts very early.... and the pups and young dogs I have are showing great hunt...
NLPC IFC RILEYS ROLLING TRAILS 4 MILE KENNELS 4MK

jumpNrun

Post by jumpNrun »

kjohn2hunt wrote:I've got a male out of Trails and Blue Moon that I like a lot . Plenty of nose foot and very accurate on the line.
I Bred my Blue Moon female to trails is this male out of her? Moon is a reggie female. If so contact me please.
LpGrch Lpbch Smith's Blue Goose 1st 2012 Il state hunt-1st 2013 Indiana state hunt-2nd 2013 Grand Nationals- Best of show In State
Lprch Hbch Smith's Blue Moon
Lprch Smith's Rolling Sweet Lucy (RIP)