5 Week Old Pup Hunting

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Vickie

5 Week Old Pup Hunting

Post by Vickie »

I have a litter of pups, 6 weeks old now. Nobody wanted the one last female. She was the boldest of the litter, first one out of the box, etc. They finally wandered out of the garage last week and I found her under a pine tree with her nose buried in the grass running in a line back and forth. I was impressed then, but this week after the snow melted, right where she was running, there is a little furrow where the mice had been tunneling. She'll go down by where the hay is on pallets and start digging like crazy trying to get under them.

I guess I have to keep her. I don't plan on breeding her mother any more and she looks just like her grandma. Maybe you'll see her someday at field trials.

tlpettet

Don't worry

Post by tlpettet »

I have a Weircreek/Indian Hills Majer cross female that is on Invisible Fence. She is death to any voles that get in my yard! She still runs rabbits just fine and is my dog least likely to run off game.

Vickie

Post by Vickie »

My next litter has Indian Hills Majer in it. The same cross from last year has produced some excellent pups. They aren't likely to go off game either. I can't wait to get the pup out running. Have to wait for the deer hunters to get done around here!