Big Meadows Superman

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

zjamesmoore

Re: Big Meadows Superman

Post by zjamesmoore »

Yes he is still alive.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.01 KiB) Viewed 2500 times

Chip E

Post by Chip E »

Here is what is posted on the ARHA Web Site about the dogs that he produced to put him in the Hall Of Fame Reproducer
BIG FOUR/FIVE WINNERS
Big Meadows Eagle North American 2013
Big Meadows Eagle World Hunt 2013
Big Meadows Feather Grand National 2011
Big Meadows Feather Grand Nationals 2014 (this is not on the web site)
GRAND RABBIT CHAMPIONS
Country Lane Ride The Lightning
Big Meadows Feather (this is not on the web site)
RABBIT CHAMPIONS
Big Meadows Feather Big Meadows Shreba Mlb Country Lane Ride The Lightning
Flat Top Jailhouse Jake Big Meadows Get R Done Big Meadows Double Agent Drake
Country Lane Sting Bee Mlb Big Meadows Black Eagle Tillia’s Rough Shot
GRAND BENCH CHAMPION
Country Lane Ride The Lightning, ( Morgan's Grace of an Angel, Morgan's Angel of Fire this is not on the web site)
BENCH CHAMPION
Morgan’s Grace Of An Angel Morgan’s Angel Of Fire Country Lane Ridge The Lighting

aaron westedt

Post by aaron westedt »

Does anyone have a picture of superman? Or better some of its offspring. I assume it's a 15" . Where is the dog located? Who owns the dog ?
FC Green Bay Dickey Doo
FCGD Green Bay Moxy Foxy

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

That's a good bitch side!
My old Sport (Diamond Sadies Sport) was actually a dual champion, both field and bench.
He was a good producer as well, he's doubled up on that bitch side.
My old male Duke was out of Bredemeiers Apatchy, Duke was an ARHA champ,UKC champ and had points towards his AKC championship before my kids came along and I quit trailing.

I'm assuming Tilly and any of her littermates are long gone, but if not, I would be interested in breeding to a male littermate of hers.

Aaron, I believe Dennis Kennedy still has Superman.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I bought a couple pups out of Annie Overdrive bout 30 yr ago, Billy and John McKnight took me to a farm where the pups were. I bought a male and female, Danzig & Phoenix were their names. Danzig grew into a 13" bench-legged open marked ticked and Phoenix was a straight 14" open marked, nice made bitch but neither had any hunt. I'd have to find the old papers to see who the sire was but I liked the name Annie Overdrive.
One of the better pups I got from Billy was WW Gypsy Rose Lee, she by Apache out of Fitzgerald's Yipper. The old man had died up in Mich. and Billy went up and got the bitch, said they couldn't catch the other hounds So Billy bred Apache to Yipper and William Woolsey got Gypsy but was afraid she was going oversized and returned her and I bought her. She was a little long made but not over and she could float over the rough ground at the coalmines with good stride, just a all-round good little hound. I bred her once to Ghost and never got anything, so sold her and the hunt for a patch hound continued.