Shake bred males!!!

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Gaphillbeagles

Shake bred males!!!

Post by Gaphillbeagles »

Just wondering what some of the top shake bred males r now in akc. I do no trial akc regularly but am looking for a top notch shake male to bred to a female I have. Any info on and shake bred males that r true gun dogs would be Awsome! Thanks again in advance!

brad stewart

Re: Shake bred males!!!

Post by brad stewart »

Did you mean shaker pm if so
if they dont hunt they dont stay

sparky

Post by sparky »

Haunted Hill Shaker :?: Not sure how many males are still alive that are directly out of Shaker,maybe a couple. Grandpups are about as close as your gonna get now,Cryon Bo Diddley is a grandpup,there is also Clyde of Moonhaven that's Shaker on top an bottom. Look under General Services and you will find the stud adds.
SHAKE DOWN BEAGLES

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

Might be referring to Wrights Shake.

Gaphillbeagles

Post by Gaphillbeagles »

Hey guys thanks for the replys. I did mean wrights shake or any dogs along that same line I know it's not real common blood but that's what I'm lookin to breed to.

midvalleybeagles

Post by midvalleybeagles »

Yea fellows he's talking about Wrights Shake. What's the best LITTLE male out there right now. Not only a rabbit dog but is re producing. Any thoughts.

bbg

Post by bbg »

I'm not sure about the size but FC Dellys Dozier Lil is a producer. I believe he is still alive but old. He has produced big and small. FCGD Shady Boy Goochs&Brinskys Lil Duke is out of FC Scratch Ankle Jeramiha who is out of Dozier. He is small and bred to produce.

midvalleybeagles

What about Fc Flat Creek Smut. Any one know numbers on what he's produced or any insight on his foot speed hunt check

mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »

FC Bust'N Loose Bandit would be my pick. I have judged this hound many times and he is a really nice hound. More of a medium speed hound but will cut you to death. When he turns it he can hang on to it for a long time. He is also the best Flat Creek/shake bred jump dog alive. I Bred my FC bitch, who is a lil on the rough side, to him and have a big bitch that won 3 out 8 trials last year. The bitch I have out of him is the real deal; she is just as good or better than the 5 FC's I've finished. He has produced a few FC's so far.

midvalleybeagles

Johnson thanks for the reply. The bitch were breeding is right on the line has power but I'd like a little more. Sounds like a awesome dog just don't want to lose any foot on her pups.

midvalleybeagles

U don't have a pedigree on him do u. Reason I said smut was fc flat creek penny in his ped that is hands down one of the top two bitches I ever seen run a rabbit. I mean a nationals win speaks for its self.

Timmy J

Post by Timmy J »

I bred my reffetts/northway female to a shake dog a few years back and the entire litter was extreamly nice. I still own 3 littermates and had one powerful male get hit by a car at 11 months old.This shake dog was never trialed but is a true gun dog and a one of a kind jump dog. All the pups have extreame hunt especially the male I own.

midvalleybeagles

Btt

mjohnson

Post by mjohnson »

Take a look at Flat Creek Junior. He has more foot than his sire, which is the Bandit dog. His mother is out of Jeramiha. Nice running dog I think he has five wins now and just needs a few points to finish. He won the IBGA championship under me and then a week or so later won Etown under me. He is 100% rabbit dog.

FC Tar River Streak'N would be another one to look at; he also has more foot than bandit. He is a half brother to bandit tho; they are bother out of Flat Creek Jeter II. Streak finished a few years ago and also won a couple trials under me. He is also 100% rabbit dog.

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

I seen Jeter run a couple times once at Java Village NY and here in NC he won both trials. That line of dogs can run with faster hounds and check you from behind slotting up.They will never take you off the end but will run with alot of hare hounds and midwest hounds and will shine on the checks. I could see why the fella who crossed northway with it got some hounds he really liked. I think alot of guys would be pleased if they try this too especially if scenting is tough or you running twisting turning briar patch cottontails. Sometimes it pays to watch other bloodlines to see what they bring to the table. One thing never changes if you ain't got nose you cant run included is a smart dog too.