slick pups ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

transman63

slick pups ?

Post by transman63 »

I would like to hear how your slick pup started ? if u have one or hade one . he or she bold or shy ? did he or she go big or small ?how he is doing today fast, med or slow speed. .kennel manners. the good and the bad .trialing or just a hunting dog.?
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

jpratt

Re: slick pups ?

Post by jpratt »

Have only owned 3 but my first one and best so far started at 14 weeks on wild rabbits. He was bold went big 16+, fast speed , good kennel manners because the end of my broom taught him well :D . The only fault so far is he doesn't like to pack. He's good enough to find and circle his own rabbit so that's his main fault but if he packs he'll run them ragged.

transman63

Post by transman63 »

jpratt how old is he ? hows his hunt and nose?
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

jpratt

Post by jpratt »

Will be 2 the 24th of march. Pretty good nose and tight mouth. Tons of hunt normally have to pull out of the brush or tone him in. Ill try to put up a short video of him actually packing and how he can go and use his mouth.

Newman

Post by Newman »

What about the other two you had no good?

jpratt

Post by jpratt »

No he is just the best right now but they are 10 months to 2 years so they are all still young.

Newman

Post by Newman »

They are out of Forrest pond slick?

jpratt

Post by jpratt »

Sorry about the confusion guys my friends son got on my computer and thought you were talking about slick pups not dogs out of Slick. Poor boy loves to talk beagles!

transman63

Post by transman63 »

btt
AJ'S KENNEL'S .