DOGS BEFORE WIFE ARE YOU STUPID

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

DOGS BEFORE WIFE ARE YOU STUPID

Post by dhoundman »

MARRIAGE IS A FULL TIME JOB THAT WILL LAST A LIFE WITH GREAT REWARDS. :nod: RUNNING DOGS IS SOMETHING TO ENJOY PART TIME :hammer: AND IF YOUR WIFE WANTS YOU HOME MORE THEN YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG WITH THE TIME THAT YOU HAVE WITH HER AND YOU NEED TO PUT MORE EFFORT INTO YOUR MARRIAGE AND LESS IN TO YOUR DOGS. :nod: CAUSE WHEN YOU ARE OLD YOUR DOGS WILL NOT CARE ABOUT YOU AS MUCH AS YOUR WIFE. :hammer: THAT I NOW FOR A FACT. HOW YOU SAY CAUSE I AM LIVING PROOF OF THAT 28 YEARS TWO OPEN HEART SERGERYS AND WORKING ON A THIRD WITH A MUSCLE CRIPPLING DESEASE CALLED MARFAN SYNDROM SHE IS TAKING CARE OF ME AND WORKING FULL TIME CAUSE I CAN NOT. SO TAKE THE WIFE OUT AS MUCH AS YOU DO THE DOGS AND SHE WILL BE TELLING YOU TO GO RUN DOGS.
AND YOU IF HAVE TO RUN DOGS MORE THEN WHAT YOU WIFE WANTS GIVE IT UP AND SPEND YOUR TIME WITH HER AND GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER WITH HER AND YOU WILL BE HAPPIER AND YOUR TIME RUNNING DOGS WILL BE MORE ENJOYABLE. :nod: HOPE YOU GUYS ALL GETTING MY PIONT CAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE DIVORCED TO HAVE A FIELD CHAMPING THAT IS JUST A LINE EVERYBODY USES TO MAKE THIER SELFES FEEL BETTER ABOUT THIER DEVORCES. AND THAT IS WRONG :nod: :nod:

NorthBranch Rummer

Re: DOGS BEFORE WIFE ARE YOU STUPID

Post by NorthBranch Rummer »

I cant believe my gal stayed with me threw the late 90's. I look back and think WTH was I thinking!! Old saying, "happy wife-happy life" :D

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Great post , great advice !!!
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

No problems here my wife runs the dogs more than i do!!
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

warddog

Post by warddog »

Great post Dhoundman, this is the major priority that I speak of when I say mine changed as I got older. I remember when I lived and breathed coon hunting, trialing for that little ego pop of owning a top dog. When I really got to thinking about it I wondered how my wife felt when I was out the biggest part of the night on the weekends. I also remember one stretch when I was conditioning my dogs for that last few points they needed to make nite champions and my buddy and I hunted 90 straight nights. Sure went through a lot more arguing and bickering at many of those hunts than I would have being here at home with the wife. I'm retired but yet my wife still works to keep me as I've become accustomed to being kept. She even works out of state and comes home only every third weekend. Well, I am at home doing the things here that she used to do when I was gone all the time and left her here alone. I'll also say that those nite champion dogs and trophy's are long past gone without a trace and in fact the trophy's wouldn't even bring $5.00 at a yard sale and ended up in the dump BUT my wife is still with me and has been for 37 years. I am fortunate that I have an understanding wife that allowed me that bit of that life but now I am the understanding husband taking care of the home front while she is away finishing her career.

TC

Post by TC »

stavemillbeagles wrote:No problems here my wife runs the dogs more than i do!!
YUP!!
From Field to Show and Show to Field the way it should be

Tuff-E-Nuff

Post by Tuff-E-Nuff »

Just like Chris posted, my wife runs dogs, does the doctoring and feeds all the dogs on the nights I work late, she can handle one in a trial as good as anyone and to beat it all she loves doing it.
Tuff-E-Nuff Beagles
Silas/Tracy Damron
FCLP Salem's Willy Nelson
GR R.CH Tuff-E-Nuff Annie
HOF Gr.RCh/GrB.Ch Tuff-E-Nuff Charm
Harrogate. TN.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Sounds like the moral of the story is...

1.marry a woman that likes to run dogs
2. Limit your dog running
3. Stay single

I can see pro's and con's to each
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

My wife loves to run the hounds with me . She likes ice fishing too. ;)
TheJohnBirchSociety

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

SURE WISH MY WIFE AND LITTLE GIRL WOULD HUNT AND FISH WITH ME. I REMEMBER CAREING MY LITTLE GIRL DOVE HUNTING WHEN SHE WAS YOUNG.i KILL THE FIRST BIRD AND IT FELL AT HER FEET AND DIE.SHE CRY AND CRY AND TOLD ME TO PUT MY GUN UP AND LESS GO HOME. SHE NEVER WENT HUNTING WITH ME AGAIN. THATS LIFE.SOME PEOPLE ARE LUCKLY AND SOME ARE NOT. MY LITTLE GIRL TOOK UP DANCE SO YALL KNOW WERE I VE SPEED MY MONEY ON AND WERE I VE BEEN.

BEAGLEBLUES

Post by BEAGLEBLUES »

I just got home from running dogs with my little girl. She carried her Toy gun and shot at every bird and bunny that she saw. She is too young to carry a gun, but she handles the hounds well. My wife is great. She does not say a word about my hunting as long as I keep Sunday open for her. I realize every day I am blessed.

Newt

Post by Newt »

My wife and her family had no use for beagles or any kind of hound. When we married I was in military service. We had been married about sixteen months when I was discharged. I tried to rabbit hunt with my brother-in-law with some kind of fiest/chihuahua mix. I came home and told my wife I wanted beagle. She mentioned there was one listed on a bulletin board at the hospital where she was employed. We drove out and got it. That was 1969 and I've kept her and beagles ever since. Her dad, who never owned any kind of hound, would sit on the porch with me and listen the the hounds run at night. Eventually I gave him some Beagles. He told stories about those dogs until the day that he passed on. My wife has never resented my beagles and has been absolutely wonderful as a partner. There was never any doubt that she was number one, but there was never any doubt that I was going to keep the beagles.

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

U all point me in the direction a good women is then ill talk about giving my dog time up! I was married for a while all I heard get shed of them dogs well when it come to Saturday night she like to go to the clubs and get drunk so Sunday morning when it came time for my only day off work so I could hunt she would go off so I divorced the women and I still don't have a fild champion. :lol: but one thang about it I enjoy every bit of going to the LP trials win or loss !! when the day is over and I get home no fussing and fight just feed water the dogs and set back and watch a little tube now that's what I'm talking about!

mud

Post by mud »

Been married 29 years. I don't know if my wife and me could stand to be around each other one second more than we already are. We get along just fine the way it is.Our kids are grown. I run dogs and hunt when I wont to. No questions asked. When she gets ready to do something she does it. She don't ask. She just tells me when she will be back. Works perfect for us both. My only worry is that I am getting ready to retire. I already have a part time job lined up. I will be home more often we will have to see how that goes. One thing I learned a long time ago is that a dog and a woman will make a liar out of you every time. Takes all kinds of relationships to make things work I guess....

barnold1

Post by barnold1 »

Wife just stayed up all night with me on Friday, keeping me company as we drove through freezing rain to make a field trial in another state. Life is good!
LP GRRCH HICKTOWN HANKY PANKY
FCGD LP GRRCH LP BCH HICKTOWN WAILIN JOSIE
LP RCH OVER DA TOP MACI

RIP LP RCH PP RCH HICKTOWN TICKLE ME WILLIE