YOTIES WE NEED TO START KILLING AND WHY

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

YOTIES WE NEED TO START KILLING AND WHY

Post by dhoundman »

TO MEANY SAD STORIES ABOUT BEAGLES BEING KILLED. WHAT YOU GUYS THINK KILL THE YOTIES ANY WAY WE CAN
GOT ANY IDEAS POST THEM HERE SO WE ALL CAN HELP THIN THEM BACK

SMITTY1233

Re: YOTIES WE NEED TO START KILLING AND WHY

Post by SMITTY1233 »

My ideas here in MI...

hounds... hare.... hunter.... bang... what gets better than that.
SMITH BROS. BEAGLES
KRIS SMITH
517-881-0353

JUDE

Post by JUDE »

Good job Smitty!
My son traps them using "open jaw" type traps . These traps are designed not to hurt a dogs legs when they clamp down.
He's harvested quite a few coyotes,bob cats and foxes this and past years.
Jude's Beagles

Always in search of a more perfect hound!

Strivingfortheperfectrabbitdawg

SMITTY1233

Post by SMITTY1233 »

We got to a point about 10 years ago in Northern Mi we couldn't find a hare to run. One time it was 4.5 hours between jumps with some solid rabbit hounds. It just didn't pay to feed them anymore. We looked long good sounding music which is hard to get on cottontails where we live. We were hare hunters and run cottontails. We got lucky and picked up a hound from a cousin going back to the service. She ended up being a cracker jack hound. Have killed several cats and 100's of yotes with her probably. We decided to change over from beagles to hunt predators. I still have two beagles but they look at me often when I go to the pen for the big hounds and I think they are saying why not us today? This yote running is addicting stuff. Powerful races, long straight lines before circles and just down right fun!!!
SMITH BROS. BEAGLES
KRIS SMITH
517-881-0353

weedeater kennel

Post by weedeater kennel »

I had a friend bring me some pups with parvo I took them too were I hunt and thru them out got rid of coyotas for 3 years
the pups were already dead

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

There are some around here that calls them out with one of them callers. I do know its getting hard to grow watermelon around here.Them crows and yotes loves them.I started last year growing them high price seadless melons back of the house and them yotes would go right buy them cheap seeded melons and eat them.Smart yotes and always the biggest melons.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

Coyote hunt 12282013.jpg
Coyote hunt 12282013.jpg (106.64 KiB) Viewed 2046 times
very addicting!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

adirondackjoe

Post by adirondackjoe »

if you write in larger caps you will scare them all away.

TallPaul

Post by TallPaul »

Was kinda of thinking the same thing today. What have I done to improve the hare or rabbit population? I have always enjoyed the benefits behind some yote and fox trappers, but haven't taken the time to improve my trapping to catch those predators.

Firm believer that two type of sportsman can improve small game populations tremendously, 1. Guys that run predators with hounds. 2. Trappers

If you want to increase your rabbit numbers and interactions with a territory yote, make friends with a trapper and invite him to the area you run in. Give up a week or two a year, and you'll both reap the benefits.
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

KILLNTM

Post by KILLNTM »

Trapping has been working for me. Seems to be the most reliable method where you can't run them with hounds.

BiL

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

Hard to hunt them here. No good places to call them in. Might have to take up trapping.

johns03272008

Post by johns03272008 »

bigcfromrbc wrote:Hard to hunt them here. No good places to call them in. Might have to take up trapping.
you dont need very much room to call them in. maybe 50-80 yard field will do just fine. You could even sit in a woods in a tree stand just like deer hunting and get them, just set the call "if using electronic call" about 50 yards from where your sitting or less and call. if you are using a mouth call then no need to do anything other than call!! :nod:

Kill them all!!!
John Schelling
BORN AGAIN KENNELS

LET THE DOGS DO THE TALKING
www.bornagainkennels.weebly.com

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Coyotes are smart and I believe they are harder to hunt than a big buck. My soon to be brother in laws hunt coyotes religiously. They hunt with their AR 15s. I hunt with my dad's 243. When I get married and move locations I will be in the heart of coyote country. I plan on getting hardcore into calling and killing every coyote I can call in. Plus my brother n laws are crack shots at long distances.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

SMITTY1233

Post by SMITTY1233 »

IMHO the last two living things that will be on this earth are a Cockroach and a Coyote... They are wily...
SMITH BROS. BEAGLES
KRIS SMITH
517-881-0353

Hwy 30 kennels

Post by Hwy 30 kennels »

I been giving the old coyotes hell where I live. We have a lot of cattle farms least up. So I got in to trapping this year and calling coyotes in so far seance November we have killed 27 coyotes they r not welcomed at our farms I'm letting them no that. We use # 4 still traps and deer meat for bait it works real good what u don't kill they will leave the country is what I'm seeing. :lol: