GREAT MIAMI BEAGLE CLUB !WHAT

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

GREAT MIAMI BEAGLE CLUB !WHAT

Post by dhoundman »

HOW MEANY YOU GUYS ARE HAPPY WITH THE JUDGEING THAT YOU GET AT THIS CLUB. I HEAR A LOT OF BAD TALK SO JUST WANT TO NOW IS IT JUST PEOPLE WITH A BAD ATTITUDE OR THE TRUTH

sanfordssj

Re: GREAT MIAMI BEAGLE CLUB !WHAT

Post by sanfordssj »

try going to the club to see for your self. Why bash a club because you have "heard" something from someone?
That's like me getting on here and asking if anyone else thinks this guy named dhoundman is a dog trader because that's what I heard. absolutely no truth to that, but this post alone will give someone the impression that you are just because they have now "heard it".
HOLLARBACK KENNELS
FC Reggie's Fast Cash
FC Moss's Tula
Hollarback's Reggie's Fast Holly
McDavids KY Lucky Charm
Hollarback's Hurry Up Mercy
Hollarback's Cinnamon Run Zebby

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

You are not part of the circle of friends so you don't have a chance according to you. So maybe you should join the club to have a vote on the judges. And just maybe you can vote one of your friends as a judge because according to you that is all it takes to win!

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

I don t know but when I put on a trial and theres more clubs out there that feels like I do.I would love to see someone from the outside win.Then maybe next time more outsider will be there.But we judge the dogs and with more dogs in the club than outsider with there dogs.Somebody in the club wins.All of the guys here in my club feels the same way.But I do fun trials.

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

If you don't care enough to go and find out for yourself---You just don't care.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Be a field trial secretary during trial season and I bet my bottom dollar a post like this won't exist.

I'm a secretary of a Indiana UKC club and I have tons of responsibility on my shoulders, plus I am a bench judge as well. I have to get everything put together for upcoming hunts and have the kitchen prepared. Being an AKC Field Trial Secretary have to call up judges to see if they are available. Their job is harder than what I am doing in the UKC. Plus there are some judges who don't show up and that puts the FTS and the club in a pinch. A post like this isn't good for the club or our sport. I don't bother with hear say, I believe things with "my" own eyes, not someone else's. Sounds like your friend got beat and didn't want to accept defeat.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

NorthBranch Rummer

Post by NorthBranch Rummer »

Man, you just gotta load up and go see for your self. I don't think anyone would argue that there are some shady judges in every format. But if your not placing at some point you have to ask your self is it the judges or is it my dog. Ive chased dogs over the hills of Riply,WV and threw the swamps of North Central. These judges work their tails off (for little reward) for guys to to be able to compete. They all deserve respect until proven other wise

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

Rabbit earl

I have judged more than my fair share trial at this club and many different classes. I assure you on several occasions and different classes a non club member won. So, I don't really think your argument has any validity.
Last edited by Ridge View on Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ray s

Post by ray s »

I've won there twice,and I'm not a member there nor have I ever been. Both times was with the same dog and he also won at 6 other clubs. His first win at Great Miami was under two judges from Kentucky. I have also lost there under judges from my "home club". When it comes to their judges, they seem to do a very good job of assigning non bias judges.
HERE IS A RUMOR YOU CAN SPREAD AROUND.
THE FOLKS AT GREAT MIAMI ARE GOOD FOR THE AKC Midwest Federation.

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

I'm not happy, oh wait, I'm one of the judges. If you are bored you can come hang out with me for the day. Be ready to go at 8, we should get in a good 10-13 miles between walking and running. I can bring my Garmin gps watch to prove it. Bring your running shoes, water, gatorade, energy snacks, motrin, glasses so you don't run a stick in your eye. SEE YOU FOR THE BIG MALES!!!

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

out of respect for the hard working judges.. here is you answer you said yourself..

Report this postReply with quoteRe: OPINIONS ON LITTLE PACK
by dhoundman » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:53 am

The word judges is most of what you are to exspect on the kind of dog that wins. It is tough to judge dogs ; been thier and no one ever likes what you judge exsept the winners.
So the best thing is run the dog you like and if you trial keep in mind that the judges [CAN NOT SEE EVERY THING] so if you like your dog and you kill rabbits the way you want to [ DON'T WORY BE HAPPY] cause you feed them not the judges
And word to the young judges you can only call them the way you see them so do your best and if the dog is great he will get seen by more then one or two judges if they trail him enough.
Olsd man says great dogs are made not just heard of
In order to be heard you must first make the dog great then let people see him and soon or later the dog will be talked about [IF IS GREAT]
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

This reminds me of a story bout ole Bob Patch. After the gallery of hounds had come out of the corn field, laid down and quit, ole Bob stayed in working and picked up the track next to the woods. On his return circle the rest of the rested gallery ran headlong into the chase and wrecked the works.
Ole Bob got ordered up and the rest of the gallery, all the same make and model, went on the finish the trial for the day.
Ole Carl called me madder than a hornet and said,"I don't mind being beaten by better hounds but #@%,$$$&,<<<... :lol:

Now I'm not one to go round spread'n rumors, really I'm just not the gossipy kind... so you better be sure and listen close the first time... HeeHaww!

You'll have to go check it out, shouldn't be hard to tell from what I heard... :shhh:

tdog

Post by tdog »

Great club and great Judges.... That is just a bunch of Bull.... Train, Run, and HAVE SOME FUN......

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

my dog Hector won there a few years ago, and i live like 8 hours away in NC. Steve Church PS not a member either dont listen but see for your self better know what you got and if dog has a hole or two lot good ones around that are not totally perfect depending on the judge and amount accomplishment might win get demerited or picked up. even the big rep dogs have been known to get yanked or demerited down. judging being a club officer isnt always easy but lot of responsibilty. best of luck i'd say go based on actual experience.

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Become a club officer some where and you will have a rude awakening especially Trial . Sec.