TWO WIN DO YOU HAVE TO BE AIN THE CIRCLE

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

TWO WIN DO YOU HAVE TO BE AIN THE CIRCLE

Post by dhoundman »

HEARD ONE GUY TELL ME YOU HAD TO BA IN A CIRCLE OF FRIENDS TO WIN IN THE BIG MALES CLASS. I NOW TWENTY YEARS AGO THAT WAS NOT TRUE BUT I HAVE BEEN OUT OF TOUCH. BUT I DO NOW THAT A LOT OF GUYS ARE GOING TO SMAL DOGS MAKES ME WONDER WHY.

rabbitearl

Re: TWO WIN DO YOU HAVE TO BE AIN THE CIRCLE

Post by rabbitearl »

I have heard the same thing but I don t know.I do know that in anything friendship goes along way.

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

Yep you are right midwest is made up of a bunch of circle jerks! Lol! Join in and maybe you can get your jerk on!

Norshore

Post by Norshore »

They may even make ya the pivot man :shock: .

Farm dog

Post by Farm dog »

Why do you post this stupid crap? OR SHOULD I SAY, WHY DO YOU POST THIS STUPID CRAP?

Newt

Post by Newt »

dhoundman wrote:HEARD ONE GUY TELL ME YOU HAD TO BA IN A CIRCLE OF FRIENDS TO WIN IN THE BIG MALES CLASS. I NOW TWENTY YEARS AGO THAT WAS NOT TRUE BUT I HAVE BEEN OUT OF TOUCH. BUT I DO NOW THAT A LOT OF GUYS ARE GOING TO SMAL DOGS MAKES ME WONDER WHY.
Shy so bitter? Do you have any friends?

westbreeze

Post by westbreeze »

I dont trail much at all but ran in the big males class at North Central last fall and all I can say is WOW. I thought I had a dog intill I saw some real dogs go. I was impressed.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Not If you have dog enough to win...... There will always be an occational dog that get some help but the vast majority win because they are the best.

My question for you is...Do you have a dog good enough to win in the big males? I'm judging big males at Muskegon River next month with Jamie Blair. Bring the dog power and find out rather than look for an excuse. Anyone that would say you need to be "in the circle" lacks the dog. You do need a dog that can handle pressure and not get dragged around. 18 month old dogs normally can't handle it.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

JCM

Post by JCM »

You have to be in the circle of houndsmen with good dogs. Anyone that gets on here and cries all the time obviously is not in that circle.

Bigboy kennel

Post by Bigboy kennel »

I have made the winners pack and placed in the handfull of Midwest big males trails I been to. The best dog won those days.
Phil Walls Jr

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Maybe guys in the "circle" learn by watching top hounds and adjust accordingly.

Bring hound power or go home and complain......I have yet to have much success.....a few places.....but the hounds that won were on there game and put in work all day, not just the winners packs.

Conditioning plays a major role, I would say consistency is next, close to indepence.....any of those three could be first, second, or third. Handlers that know how to have there dog right sure doesn't hurt either!

Maybe the whiners need to whine less and pay attention to the dogs winning then try to get one to that point or buy one to compete.....lol.

Good running to all!

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

BCBeagles wrote:Maybe guys in the "circle" learn by watching top hounds and adjust accordingly.

Bring hound power or go home and complain......I have yet to have much success.....a few places.....but the hounds that won were on there game and put in work all day, not just the winners packs.

Conditioning plays a major role, I would say consistency is next, close to indepence.....any of those three could be first, second, or third. Handlers that know how to have there dog right sure doesn't hurt either!

Maybe the whiners need to whine less and pay attention to the dogs winning then try to get one to that point or buy one to compete.....lol.

Good running to all!
I agree. Granted I've seen some pitiful dogs too. I know I don't have anything suited for trailing right now so I stay away from it lol

stavemillbeagles

Post by stavemillbeagles »

I HEARD TO DO BETTER IN THE TRIALS YOU SHOULD ALWAYS KEEP YOUR CAPS LOCK BUTTON ON!!
AND THE BIGGER THE BETTER
Chris & Yum Yum Wells
http://huntingbeagle.gotop100.com/out.php?id=431

Haters Motivate Me!!

big creek kennel

Post by big creek kennel »

Kennel ear is a bad thing to have.
Very few people are ever cured from it.
:biggrin:

Ridge View

Post by Ridge View »

Big creek kennel I like that. Always heard kennel blind better never kennel ear which makes more sense