new bill there trying to pass in ky

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

brad stewart

new bill there trying to pass in ky

Post by brad stewart »

I heard they were trying to pass a bill that makes it a felony to hunt with hounds is there any truth first they take our cocks know our hounds
if they dont hunt they dont stay

rabbitearl

Re: new bill there trying to pass in ky

Post by rabbitearl »

There are places in NC that you cannot hunt a deer dog.I don t know about rabbit dogs.

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

i aint heard nothin about this and find it hard to believe.. they been runnin hounds for years i dont see them makeing it a felony
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

If it happens a stand needs to be made. I know if it's Ky WV probably isn't to far behind.

Osborne's Beagles

Post by Osborne's Beagles »

I was wondering the same thing. I've been hearing rumors that it's tied in the Rooster bill or Farm bill. I'm not sure though...?

I doubt they would pass a bill that would make it illegal to hunt with dogs but you never know. That would pretty much kill the sport of beagling and coon hunting. You wouldn't be able to have field trials or even run a hound. I doubt the Kentucky Houndsman Association would let something like this go through without a major fight.

Anymore information on this issue would greatly be appreciated. I've looked at the Rooster bill but it doesn't state anything about hunting with hounds. It just has to do with fighting dogs. That's all I've been able to find but I haven't looked at the entire bill.

baj

Post by baj »

I think it would be hard to pass here in Ky. I know for sure Robin Webb is an avid hunter and is one of our Senators. And pretty sure many of our Representatives are hunters also.

wvdaniel

Post by wvdaniel »

I work with some guys that cock fight in Ky. They said that the hunting with dogs would be next. Who knows. But they did say it was the dogs on hogs that's is under fire now.

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

I just researched this and it seems the bill targeted hog-dog fighting in a ring similar to dog or other animal fights.

The bill did not, IMHO target any hunting type dogs. I would be most concerned about coyote and hog hunting the most, because the dog often does run down the prey and fight with it.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I doubt they would bo that cause that would end beagles, bird dogs, coon dogs. That would mean no trials and also be defeating the purpose of conservation. I do not believe Ky would ever pass such a law. If they tried it wouldn't stand a chance.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

wvdaniel

Post by wvdaniel »

I maybe wrong but I thank what happened with the cock fighting. It wasnt the state of Ky that passed the law. It's a federal law. I could be wrong but that's the way I understand it. And they made it a felony to be a spectator at the fight. And I additional felony for a kid you have with you there.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

I just cannot understand.We the hunter that use our dogs to get game and put down for it but you can turn on the TV and look at people catching gator with hooks and TROY is saying.Shoot Him Shoot HIm.Its a big hit on TV.MONEY.Not saying nothing wrong with the TV show but how in the word can they get by with it and I cannot used a hot shocker on a hog going to be kill in two hr.CRAZY.

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Maybe Rand Paul, and McConnel can fix it?
Big Mike

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Maybe so because Obama sure can't fix s---.

Osborne's Beagles

Post by Osborne's Beagles »

Big Mike wrote:Maybe Rand Paul, and McConnel can fix it?
I think McConnel supports it. I know he signed the farm/rooster bill.