Worms

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

kbasler1s

Worms

Post by kbasler1s »

Dog has worms in his stool. Some are string like inch or two long with segments in the worms and some are rice size. What kind of worm is it...I will call the vet tomorrow but just wanted an idea of what it could be and how serious it is.

MasonKane Kennels

Re: Worms

Post by MasonKane Kennels »

If they're passing them in their stool they're probably tapes. Kind of flat and as you described segmented.

jim matuszewski

Post by jim matuszewski »

kinda sounds like maybe 2 kinds ,round and tapes ,the round worms are easier to deal with than the tape worms,they can be pretty persistent

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

Dog has tape worms, worm him with Safeguard Goat Wormer three days in a row. A 25# dog would get 12 ml each day.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

island ridge hounds

Post by island ridge hounds »

i would agree with ole mule and safeguard is a wonderful wormer, but in this case i think i would us equimax i well get all tapes and any other type worm the dog has.
let honesty run through the veins of each and every judge at each and every trial at each and
every format.