CAN YOU HAVE TO MEANY LITTERS IN A YEAR

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

CAN YOU HAVE TO MEANY LITTERS IN A YEAR

Post by dhoundman »

HONESTLY GUYS I SEE IT TIME AND AGAIN AND AGAIN PEOPLE BREEDING TWO OR THREE LITTERS A YEAR AND WORKING A FULL TIME JOB AND TRYING TO RAISE A FAMILY AND RUN A HOUSE HOLD. :eyes: IS THIS REALY POSSIBLE. :roll: I AM NOT SURE WHAT WE ARE THINKING WHEN WE BREED TWO LITTERS A YEAR BUT THREE IS OVER THE TOP I THINK :nod: ------------OVER THE YEARS I HAVE SEEN FIELD CHAMPIONS THAT COME FROM BRANKO'S KENNELS AND THEY ARE GREAT DOGS THAT WE ALL MUST AGREE ON. BUT HE (BRANKO) DOES NOT WORK AND HIS KIDS HAVE BEEN GROWEN FOR MEANY YEARS. --- SO BEFORE YOU BREED THINK FIRST.-------------THIER ARE WAY TO MEANY DOGS OUT THIER ALL READY AND HOW MUCH TIME CAN YOU REALLY SPEND ON EACH DOG AND DO THAT DOG JUSTICES.----------------------BREEDING IS NOT JUST SOMETHING WE DO FOR A TEST TO SEE WHAT YOU GET :loser: YOU BREED FOR BEETER BEAGLES (NOT TO SAY HAY YOU ALL WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WILL PRODUCE) :loser: BREEDING IS NOT A NUMBERS GAME :!: IT IS ABOUT CROSSING GREAT DOGS TO GREAT DOGS ( what you all think )

Andy C

Re: CAN YOU HAVE TO MEANY LITTERS IN A YEAR

Post by Andy C »

You seem to have enough time for 3 litters a yr

MGB

Post by MGB »

Is the earth really round? :eyes:

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

dhoundman, I have a bigger question for you, Why do you type with your caps lock on? This has been mentioned before and you continue to do it. (Caps lock on , means that you type in all Capital letters in case you are not aware of what that means.) Look at how other people type, you don't see it, because it is extremely rude, is that your intention to be rude? Please reply. I think Branko, is a Dairy farmer , which means he probably works more hours a day than average! Even if he has given up Dairy farming, he was probably breeding more than one litter a year while he was doing it, why don't you call him up an tell him what a hell of a mistake he has made in your opinion!

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I've never had any "meany" litters so I can't answer your question. My pups have always been polite. :D

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Well no,I know some guys here in NC that are real big in AKC trials and have made FC at there house and if I was like them and had people in line to buy 500 dollors pup.If I had the females they will be breed.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

SURE DON'T CAPPY!
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

MasonKane Kennels

Post by MasonKane Kennels »

It's killing me. No offense, but many not meany. Meany is like the playground bully. Just saying.

houndhunter

Post by houndhunter »

dhoundman. HOW MEANY LITERS HAVE YOU BREAD IN THE LAST YEER :hammer:

KPrice

Post by KPrice »

dhoundman wrote:YOU BREED FOR BEETER BEAGLES (NOT TO SAY HAY YOU ALL WHAT DO YOU THINK THIS WILL PRODUCE) :loser: BREEDING IS NOT A NUMBERS GAME :!: IT IS ABOUT CROSSING GREAT DOGS TO GREAT DOGS ( what you all think )
OK, you figured out how to change font colors and use smilies but can't handle basic grammar? I'm starting to think this is on purpose and this is all a big practical joke.

Bringem back kennels

Post by Bringem back kennels »

Can dbhoundsman have too many posts in a year? Or a week? Or a day?

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I usually raise one litter every two years.I only breed to get a pup to keep myself and the others usually are bought by hunting friends.I've never raised a litter just to sell them all.
I figure that gives me two years with that pup to see what I've really got out of the cross I made.I don't keep more than 4-5 dogs and this also gives me nice age spacing in my pack ranging from the two year old to her grandmother who is eight.
I've been running hounds for about 50 years now and have had the opportunity to visit and hunt with many different houndsmen:bear and cat hunters,coonhounds,coyote/fox hounds,bird dogs,retrievers and all the types of rabbit hounds.One thing I've noticed is that a lot of dogmen especially hound dog men will tend to keep a lot more dogs than they can do justice to.Can't begin to recall how many kennels I've been to and they've got 15-20 hounds penned.I'm not talking about breeding kennels.I mean just regular gun hunters.
Once I got to hunt with some of these guys they always took the same 3-4 dogs.Most of the others never seemed to get hunted.I'd ask about one dog or another and they'd say"oh I haven't had her/him out for about a year I guess".Or, "she /he ran pretty good when I got them,but I haven't been running them for quite awhile"Or, she's/he's about a year old but I haven't had the time to get them started yet" Or," No, I won't take that one,they'll run a deer".I don't know about you but I can't hardly stand to leave one in the pen when I'm loading up to go hunting.All mine want to go EVERYTIME! Maybe some guys just get to be "dog collectors". Myself I can't afford to feed any that I'm not using regularly. And if you like to keep your kennel cleaned up regular that's an awful lot of extra crap to shovel.
Keep quality over quantity everytime.
As for how many quality pups you can breed, raise,sell,train,handle and put the time into get a quality rabbit dog-------That would be entirely up to you.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I raise 2-3 litters per year and I do it looking for the best possible pups and continue on with only the best.

I cull hard and breed hounds that suit me in the core areas or they are not bred. I have yet to replace one of my "regulars" with a pup out of them, still looking.

I try to keep 2-4 pups, or young hounds, at a time and stagger there ages. I have come to the realization I am completely done with buying pups from outside sources. I will raise my own and if I succeed that is great....if I don't I will buy more top quality females to start over with down the road.

I LOVE to raise litters and and enjoy hearing good reports back on pups, I also take note of the negative as well, can't improve if you don't look at failures. I am fortunate to have decent females who throw decent pups so I will just keep plugging along. I hope I can replace, Sassy, Mary, Maggie, and Diamond with one of there pups....that is what I am chasing. Have a great deal of fun doing it!!

Take care and good running to all!

cris axtell/coal hill ken

Post by cris axtell/coal hill ken »

Quit picking on the poor guy. He's just a guy with some extra time on his hands and seems to have a good heart. Some of you guys are the meanys acting like school yard bullies picking on some one that may not fit your standards. Although I agree with GW on the cap locks.
COAL HILL KENNELS. LP GR CH Coal Hill's Brush Buster. 2014 PA state champion LP GR CH Coal Hill's Mama Cass. 2010 PA state champion LP R CH GR BCH Coal Hill's Princess Willow HOG DOG POWER!!!!

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

cris axtell/coal hill ken wrote:Quit picking on the poor guy. He's just a guy with some extra time on his hands and seems to have a good heart. Some of you guys are the meanys acting like school yard bullies picking on some one that may not fit your standards. Although I agree with GW on the cap locks.
AGREE That's the problem on this Board sometime people like to pick some one apart on their spelling or because they use HIGH CASE LETTERS so WHAT :!: And the Smilies that's why they're over there for so you can use them if you want TOO. And for you younger or middle aged BEAGLERS wait till you get Older and see how you remember how you spell ( sometime the easy words are hard too remember how to spell ) Or maybe he punch the letters on the key board with 1 finger ( LIKE ME ) At least he does Post a Subject for someone if they what to, too reply on. I just recently learn how to type myself with 1 finger wasn't taught how to type in School was no need for me back then. But now a days internet & Computer this is the future and my daughters probably can out Type most of you. And there will probably be someone say something about this Post. And too them that does KISS MY :moon: And I Don't know Dhoundman and never met him but MY OPINION POST AT MUCH AS YOU WHAT DHOUNDMAN AND RUN WHAT EVER SUITS U :!: :!: :!: