question about size?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

art

question about size?

Post by art »

my buddy bought his first beagle pup of the board and he is 8 month old male.he is anywhere from 14 3/4 to 15 inch depending on his stance .will he grow anymore ? i kinda seem to think there usually done by 8 or 9 months he is wanting to sell it but whats your thoughts?? he is gonna start trialing too so i dont want him to get discouraged if he measures out.lol

Rick G

Re: question about size?

Post by Rick G »

Every dog is different, Ive had what i thought was a 13" at 9 months old to grow to 15 1/4th by 15 months. Most experts will say that a beagle grows to its full size (height wise) by 18 months. If your friends dog is showing some potential, he should keep it around a bit longer. Just my thoughts.

art

Post by art »

i dont think he is started yet .atleast last i talked to him he wasnt.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I have seen a few top out at that age, but usually they gain about another 1/2 to 3/4 inches.

I have also consistantly see them grow until 18 months.

Good luck!

cpuckett

Post by cpuckett »

i hope your wrong bc cause i got one in the same boat he will be 8 months the 16 of this month and is 14 1/2 to 14 3/4 but i guess we will see im not gonna sale mine cause he is outta MR.PETERS buck dog and buck passed away a few months ago plus he doing a real good job for his age..........art if i were your buddy i would wait and see before i got rid of him if his luck is like mine he will sale him to soon and somebody else will start winning with him and he wont grow any more...........GOOD LUCK
Puckett's Ridge Squallin Kennel

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

Had a male that topped out at 15 inches at six months, thought sure he'd go over, never did.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

transman63

Post by transman63 »

I think it just depends on the breading. my pups out of blazer II gross tell 13 mouths. between 9 and 12mo I had 1 go 1 and 1/2in.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .