Time Out

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tom summers

Time Out

Post by tom summers »

I have decided to impose a time out on myself! I enjoy reading topics that have lucid and engaging discussions but it appears as of late most of them go from engaging to pissing matches . That just takes all the fun out of it for me. Any topic can be discussed without being combative.
JMHO!!
Tom Summers

Dale Pea

Re: Time Out

Post by Dale Pea »

amen. If you do disagree you can bet that you will be ridiculed, have private messages sent wanting to fight or to deliver insults.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Hey Tom and Dale its got to the point it don t matter what you say,someone going to come in and talk about how stupid your are. I do think there are some great people on here.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Buck and his running pals wanted to shoot me and set me up !
TheJohnBirchSociety

19rabbit52

Post by 19rabbit52 »

littlewoody wrote:Buck and his running pals wanted to shoot me and set me up !
"Buck and his running pals" are some of the finest people I have ever met. I remember that little episode and you just took what was said wrong. I do know they wondered who you are and why you were verbally attacking all the time.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

19rabbit52 wrote:
littlewoody wrote:Buck and his running pals wanted to shoot me and set me up !
"Buck and his running pals" are some of the finest people I have ever met. I remember that little episode and you just took what was said wrong. I do know they wondered who you are and why you were verbally attacking all the time.
When someone looks up your address and says smith Wesson can take care of me cause they don't like what I think of patch hounds or a video showing a guys feet the whole time .
TheJohnBirchSociety

J&J Run Em Down

Post by J&J Run Em Down »

I have to agree with tom this board has turning into a a fifth grade bashing site... I thank if you like to solo god bless if you like to pack god bless I would of though we wear all on hear to better the bread we all love so if we can't respect each other opinion god help us... Opinion's are like rear ends we all have one lets just run dogs or dog and enjoy the sport we love

How did this post get back on buck!!!!!!!
I thank buck should be allowed back on the board I know him for years very good man

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

I think our passion for the sport can sometimes force some of us to go overboard. I get pretty animated at times but refrain from attacking individuals on a personal level. If you disagree with a method or practice some take it personal and it shouldn't come to that.

If I get irritated with people I just leave the board alone for couple weeks or so and then it becomes much more light spirited for me. If someone is actually getting angry they need to step away from it for a while. If specific topics irritate me I just don't read them.

Some board members like a more animated debate, if you can see it's too much, move on.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

JCM

Post by JCM »

mybeagles wrote:I think our passion for the sport can sometimes force some of us to go overboard. I get pretty animated at times but refrain from attacking individuals on a personal level. If you disagree with a method or practice some take it personal and it shouldn't come to that.

If I get irritated with people I just leave the board alone for couple weeks or so and then it becomes much more light spirited for me. If someone is actually getting angry they need to step away from it for a while. If specific topics irritate me I just don't read them.

Some board members like a more animated debate, if you can see it's too much, move on.
Although you and I have disagreed several times on training beagles you have always been a gentleman. I appreciate that. I wish more people could disagree without being disagreeable. Only Bev can decide how much to tolerate. Some times I wonder where she ever got so much patience.

Of all the people who have ever been booted off, there isn't a single one that I miss. That includes Buck, Chappy, and hopefully gwyoung soon.

Dale Pea

Post by Dale Pea »

Yup, Ol GW has gone overboard with the insults and attacks.

JBrock

Post by JBrock »

dogs just like people are all different that is what makes this life interesting!! one mans trash is another mans treasure!! i dont usually post on here much but do enjoy reading about the different hounds and methods of training and running. if we are happy with what we run and how we train than what difference does it make what someone else thinks!! to each his own! guys shouldnt sweat the small stuff!! keep em runnin!!!!
frogpond beagles

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I think you guys would have this board end up like rabbithunteronline (thewalkingdead). There's a reason this board has been one of the most popular over the years and it ain't because of kicking people off the board.
Bev and the mods. are smart & mature enough to let people alone unless it gets out of hand, like mybeagles says, a break from the drama can do everyone some good once in a while, it clears the mind an let you regain some perspective.
You can usually go and look at peoples profiles, read their post and contributions over time to the board and tell if they're knowledgeable and intent or if there just here to jerk people's chains and stir the pot.
I've never hoped for anyone to get kicked off a beagle board and am saddened by those who openly express that desire, it shows they want to control there own little world, and politic to get there way(sometimes I think field trialing creates this fault...lol). I think everyone has something to offer and we can all learn from one another. I remember when i first started coon hunting, I walked a lot of miles with alot of culls before I started to appreciate the knowledge and help from others that had already covered that ground. Never could get them all to agree on everything but there were many common agreements that they all would concur, results don't lie.
Imho, if ya come here always looking for one big happy family all the time, ya's be better off starting your own board where you can have final say and control everything. I've seen many times where those from such boards come over here to get some action because they get bored with each other...lol
Ya'll have a good day and don't forget to pat ole Rover on the head... :dance:

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

woody,
(1) IF Buck would have wanted to murder you, you would have been DATS. He has taken care of many worm bags before. The way you have labeled this, (as a threat or plot to murder you,) you could take a warrant out for Terroristic Threats and have every one arrested. This is what happens when some one has nothing more to do than sit around and feed off of posts and replies and does not have the capacity to comprehend what has been written down.
My heart is broken woody, here all this time I thought you enjoyed my video`s and come to find out you have missed all the rabbit crossings and killings because you like to look at my feet. Oh well everyone has some sort of a gooie fetish.
Come to Georgia woody, I could probably find a GATOR pond for you to explore.

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Not to stir the pot n change subject. Some guys r nicer n person. My impression of chako was a badass, goatee, tattoo, n big muscular guy. I met chapko n he was nicer than me n person. On the board, chap talks n have negative opinion about what he thinks. In real life, he was a gentleman the day I met him. Don't take the board personally. Some guys may sound bad n here, but n reality they are the nicest beagler. We all need to forget n forgive each other for their opinion. Its a board n everybody have there own opinion.
Minnesota Beagler

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Not to stir the pot n change subject. Some guys r nicer n person. My impression of chako was a badass, goatee, tattoo, n big muscular guy. I met chapko n he was nicer than me n person. On the board, chap talks n have negative opinion about what he thinks. In real life, he was a gentleman the day I met him. Don't take the board personally. Some guys may sound bad n here, but n reality they are the nicest beagler. We all need to forget n forgive each other for their opinion. Its a board n everybody have there own opinion.
Minnesota Beagler