pride feed

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JBrock

pride feed

Post by JBrock »

was just wondering if anyone has fed the pride 24/20 and if so how they liked it feed store up the road just started carrying it. I think it was like 25 or 26 bucks a #50 good price I thought but don't know much about the feed I have always fed hi-standard
frogpond beagles

wvdaniel

Re: pride feed

Post by wvdaniel »

I have been feeding the orange bag. But stay away from the black bag. My dogs poop was 3x more with the black bag. I haven't heard anyone say much about the green bag :dance:

Hippy

Post by Hippy »

I have been feeding the Pro Series 21/17 for 5 + years and have nothing but praise for it--Paying less than $100.00 for 200lbs--do a search and you will see a lot of comments on Pride

Good Luck

Jim
"Today is the 1st DAY,of the rest of your Life"

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Check out Remington's question on thread (vet question). He also been feeding black bag of pride.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

I am on my 5th bag now was feeding the green but changed up because the black is cheaper for me. Dogs like it and my coon hound is very picky. I don’t like the 24 part being out of season so I will most likely go back to the green bag after the five I have left. If you read the back of the bags you will see that you don’t have to feed as much. Also the black bag is made with beef product and the green is made with chicken.
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

briarhopper

Post by briarhopper »

Used to feed the black bag but dogs kept getting hot spots. My buddys dogs did the same thing.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

I fed it for almost two years......WOULD NOT feed it again.......JMO.

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

briarhopper wrote:Used to feed the black bag but dogs kept getting hot spots. My buddys dogs did the same thing.
Happened to mine. I switched to Orange Pride, and the Puppy Pride food. Zero problems.

mowhawk madman

Post by mowhawk madman »

Fed about every color/combo of pride. I like the pro series in the orange or lime green bag the best and it realy doesnt cost alot more per bag than the the Black.

JBrock

Post by JBrock »

thanks for the input I really like the look and smell of the feed dogs seem to like it but ive only been feeding it for a few days!!
frogpond beagles

didion419

Post by didion419 »

do you feed this pro series 26/20 chicken protein and rice

art

Post by art »

isnt worth feeding any color its all garbage .jmho