Meaning of trialing and beagling to you?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Chase Em' Down

Meaning of trialing and beagling to you?

Post by Chase Em' Down »

Find it amusing that so many people who trial get mad when they dont place higher then what they think they should get and complain about the judging and blah blah blah. They just care for the win the best of the best and get mad at their dogs for not doing good that day and some get punished for it. Hey it's the name of the game!! Every thing you do in life is going to have politics some where in it. Some just need to look at the true meaning! But that's just me. Maybe im wrong and got my opinion different. But go out have fun meet new people all over the US make new friends laugh and cut up make jokes have fun with your dogs competeing against each other and make fun of all the different accents out their. Some just have their panties all bunched in a wad and to stuck up acting. Have fun with your friends and family especially the kids. Thats what its all about! The simple things of life and getting new generations into it before it all dies out.Not getting mad because you didn't do good that day or acting as if you cant talk to no one and snarl your nose at everyone because you got more money and nicer set of wheels to ride in and just straight up think your crap dont stink. Cause honestly your crap stinks even worse! Yea it does suck when you dont place because it's so costly. But be happy for the others and maybe better luck next time. Be happy to support something you love and help getting others into it!!
Last edited by Chase Em' Down on Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

deadeyebeagle

Re: True meaning of trialing and beagling?

Post by deadeyebeagle »

Well stop judging people before you get to no them just because they have nice wheels lol.
DEADEYES POACHER

Chase Em' Down

Post by Chase Em' Down »

Lol Im not judging them for their nice wheels or nothing really, just sayin lol. Im talking about most bigger up people thats done made it to the top with money and brand new trucks at every trial you try to talk to and the vibe they just give you like they're better than you and just snarl their noses at ya.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I run trials and I'm just happy when my dog doesn't minus out and comes home with me. I enjoy the competition and sure it's more fun to win, but luck plays a very big part, too big of part to get your panties in a wad if you don't place. 'course I'm just getting started, but I don't see my attitude changing.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

Chase Em' Down

Post by Chase Em' Down »

rabbitatfarm wrote:I run trials and I'm just happy when my dog doesn't minus out and comes home with me. I enjoy the competition and sure it's more fun to win, but luck plays a very big part, too big of part to get your panties in a wad if you don't place. 'course I'm just getting started, but I don't see my attitude changing.
Same here bud.

Chase Em' Down

Post by Chase Em' Down »

Not trying to judge anyone complain or saying i had a bad experience. Just amusing watching people wine and cry at trials and get pissed over something little and dumb. Look at it in other views.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Chase Em' Down wrote:Lol Im not judging them for their nice wheels or nothing really, just sayin lol. Im talking about most bigger up people thats done made it to the top with money and brand new trucks at every trial you try to talk to and the vibe they just give you like they're better than you and just snarl their noses at ya.

Never seen that at a field trial, daily life yes but never at field trials.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Chase Em' Down

Post by Chase Em' Down »

I have plenty of times. But it is what it is i suppose

mybeagles

Re: Meaning of trialing and beagling to you?

Post by mybeagles »

Make no mistake about it, there is no place for poor sportsmanship, but I take no issue with beaglers that are extremely competetive. They strive for perfection while so many settle for mediocrity. Who will you purchase your next pup from?

It is pretty disturbing to hear the crying from someone that lacks the quality of dog to even be competetive talking about getting cheated. Kennel blindness is pretty broad. How many will actually admit they don't have a dog that deserves to be a field champion? Far too many dogs finish these days because they don't compete against champions but other average dogs.
Last edited by mybeagles on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob’s Ranger Rabbit Hunter (Lefty)
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

If i were buying a pup it would be from the guy that has the goods, not from the guy who thinks he has the goods
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

We had a tough winter here in Michigan and I called several stud owners of "field champions" who simply refused to show their dogs. How do you evaluate the dogs "goods" if you can only see them run in ideal conditions?

I attend snow trials in tough conditions but that's generally more of a cluster that anything else
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

mybeagles, i understand what your saying, but even tho we had a tough winter here in PA this year i dont usually have to worry much about running on hard crusted snow below 20 degrees. So your worries are not my worries as im sure you understand what i mean. If i go watch something run its usually fairly favorable conditions. Sod hounds usually fair pretty well where im located and for the short period of time where they cant go, oh well. I dont try and win any ribbons tho, just in it for us. I am glad i dont have to put up with what ya do up there. Happy Spring, finally, ..... ..........."Home of the sod hounds"
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Fellowship,A person that don t place that day with a big smile on there face is priceless. I ve always say. The person that has the best dogs are the ones that happy. I ve seen some it don t matter how good they can run a rabbit they are still not happy.

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

mybeagles wrote:We had a tough winter here in Michigan and I called several stud owners of "field champions" who simply refused to show their dogs. How do you evaluate the dogs "goods" if you can only see them run in ideal conditions?

I attend snow trials in tough conditions but that's generally more of a cluster that anything else
This statement encompasses more than simply "showing the dog in the field". For example, I have IFC Clyde Of Moonhaven at stud. He is almost 12 yrs old and is not run with any regularity. In fact, I won't attempt to run him any longer unless in an encloser. He was trained in open, vast country to hunt hare, but has also run cottontail occasionally. When I cut him loose his hunt is fast and deep, in other words he's gone. Too deep for this area because it will get him killed on the road, railroad track, by coyotes or humans. Even if I agree to let you see him run do you think that he is anything close to the dog he was when ran in his prime? Would you want your dogs abilities represented in that manner? If you have no faith in trial results and dogs completing their title requirements, then I suggest that you go watch these dogs while they are being campaigned. There are trials all over the country and especially in Michigan. You can watch all kinds of formats in your state. Large Pack on hare, Small Pack on Hare, and Small Pack on cottontail are all available to you. I'm sure that any man with a good male they are campaigning that has "caught your eye", would let you see him run while he is training him. I'm just about tired of these owners of field champions being villafied by possible breeders who suggest that their dogs need to prove anything to them. They have already proven themselves and if that's not good enough for you then breed to something in your back yard.

mybeagles

Post by mybeagles »

Pine lakes,

Not looking to breed to any 12 year old dogs. Many of the field trials are held in very favorable conditions so having a title is not the end of the story, particularly when I'm always looking to add more nose. If I was looking to add speed and drive a large pack field champion with reputation for being fast may be enough.

What field champions out there have the reputation for having a huge nose? Not saying they don't exist, it's just not the trait that gets highlighted. Every stud add has the statement "good nose " when in fact most are hot nosed. If that means breeding to a dog it my back yard that has huge nose and displays it then absolutely.
Rose City Quad King’s
DogPatch Fly