Line Bred Turbo Breeding Good or Bad?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Ole Mule

Line Bred Turbo Breeding Good or Bad?

Post by Ole Mule »

I am fixing to make this mating as soon as the female comes in season. It is a done deal just waiting to happen.All opinions welcome.

Sire Fd Ch WFO Smokin Cheech http://www.sqdawgs.com/4h2.html Dam Mitchell's Bluetick Angel http://www.sqdawgs.com/4a2.html Combined Pedigreehttp://www.sqdawgs.com/4ha2.html
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

BCBeagles

Re: Line Bred Turbo Breeding Good or Bad?

Post by BCBeagles »

I would worry about the dogs involved and not so much the pedigree..not being smart, but if you like the dogs, they fit what you enjoy, and they are not fault ridden then you have chance of decent pups....good luck!!

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

Both dogs are the real deal. I am looking forward to this cross. It want be long I think she is close to being in heat.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

JBrock

Post by JBrock »

too much turbo throws alot of extra mouth from my experience.
frogpond beagles

swing

Post by swing »

I can tell you the Rineharts Fannie female was a really nice female owned and hunted her a lot, she throwed a male named TK's Round Mountain Jake that was trialed in 2 AKC trials and won them both, was inducted into ARHA HOF before he was 3
And he was sired by TK's Rockhill Rambler which is directly off Turbo.
Trent

No one plans to Fail, they fail to Plan

BG BEAGLER

Post by BG BEAGLER »

Cheech used to jump 5 foot woven wire fences and keep on running track on the other side....he's very athletic...good luck bro
Matt Marple

WFO Kennels

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Even out of shape he is one of the fastest dogs on a track I have ever been in the woods with. That son of a gun can flat fly and runs a tight track. He is also a good jump dog. I don't know if the rest of my dogs will be able to hang with him when I get him back in shape. I myself think this cross will be bad to the bone. I was a little worried at first because of too much turbo but looking at it on paper there is a lot of GOOD dogs back in that pedigree.

The f.m. is also a rabbit dog deluxe tight mouth and hunts very hard. If these pups get in the right hands I think you will hear good things from them.

BG BEAGLER did you raise Cheech?

Thanks,
David Bowers
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

The facts, we know that Turbo produces champions as you see on the top side of this pedigree Turbo’s son, grandson and great grandson are champions. In these perspectives I do see where Cheech should do the same, if you are playing odds and we do that every time we breed. On the bottom half of the pedigree Rienhart's Flashin Fannie has already produce a very good dog that won both hunts he was entered in and inducted into ARHA HOF before he was three. Both Cheech and Angel are definitely the real deal and if any of these puppies are competition hunted I believe it will make a champion. No doubt they will make rabbit dogs in the hands of a hunter. Their bloodline speaks for itself in the sense that some very good dogs have produced some very good dogs and have proved it in competition.
I was given the opportunity to choose a stud and dam and after studying all of David’s dogs I chose Cheech and two females and then it was narrowed down to these two. I do not see where we can go wrong on this mating. From my past breeding experiences with hunting dogs I believe I have made a wise choice in Cheech and Angel and as far as line breeding goes it is not very tight considering that Turbo is in the great grand and great great grand status.
My objective is to produce the best litter of beagle pups that will contribute something to the next generation worth contributing and I think I will accomplish it with this mating.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

BCBeagles wrote:I would worry about the dogs involved and not so much the pedigree..not being smart, but if you like the dogs, they fit what you enjoy, and they are not fault ridden then you have chance of decent pups....good luck!!
I agree you need to know the dogs involved . my dogs have turbo up close but i have had some (not bred by me ) heavy turbo in 3 gen that had way to much mouth
careful selection is needed like all strains

Mitchell Bearfield

Post by Mitchell Bearfield »

Angle's Pedigree should read for The Bottom side of 3rd Gen for LPRCH Blue Devil Duke II

....................Beach Creek Buddy
..................Brown's Budding Rose
...................Trakarab Gypsy Rose
Mitchell Bearfield

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

Mitchell Bearfield wrote:Angle's Pedigree should read for The Bottom side of 3rd Gen for LPRCH Blue Devil Duke II

....................Beach Creek Buddy
..................Brown's Budding Rose
...................Trakarab Gypsy Rose

Also Duke II was a FC NKC
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

Thanks and got it squared away.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

My opinion I do prefer a good line bred hound. Now I've also seen good hounds that their ped looks like a bowl of fruity pebbles. ( A lot of big names, but not same bloodline). Line breeding any blood line can have its ups and downs. Not just turbo, but Northway, ninja, patch, striker, Indian hills, etc.... The most positive thing bout line breeding is keeping the genetics of your line tight. There might be a point in time were you might have to outcross if getting to tight, but long as you outcross it with something that is going to satisfies you. I say if you like what you got, go for it. You don't need to satisfy nobody else.
Bottom line breeding is always going to be a crap shoot. Only thing we can do is always breed to better the breed or to fit a individuals likings.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

Thanks for the good answers's also I appreciate the help on the pedigree.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

RODNEY KNIFLEY

Post by RODNEY KNIFLEY »

I. HAVE OWNED TO FEMALES OUT OF CHEECH,I LIKED THEM BOTH STILL OWN ONE ,REGRET SELLING OTHER ONE.ATHELETIC ,SPEED,AND LOOKS.