seven dust

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

contender

seven dust

Post by contender »

I know a guy that has dusted his dogs coats with seven dust for years. He claims that his father and grandfather also did this. He does this to kill off fleas and ticks. I was just wondering if anyone else has heard of this

reddog1

Re: seven dust

Post by reddog1 »

I used to use it every year before I started using off the ground kennels. I still use it on my house dogs when needed.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

Used for over 20yrs , I preferred the 10 % but U can not buy anymore as well cant find the 5% in the 5 lb bag either . Only thing around here is a 1lb shaker can ?
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"

Bellmorekennels

Post by Bellmorekennels »

Contender
I sprinkle on my dogs after each run.
Been using for 15 years.
Works great!

Anthony

contender

Post by contender »

That's good info it is much cheaper than other flea and tick control products. I'm going to give it a try

ericwaddle3

Post by ericwaddle3 »

My grandfather always used it and I use it on my dogs, really helps with the fleas. Shaker can is all I can find too, the rest is in a granular form for gardens.
Waddle’s Crankin Ada
Waddle’s Crankin Ratchet
Waddle’s Crankin Bella
R.I.P
FCGD GRPCH WOLDPCH PPRCH Show Me's Crank
PCH Waddle’s Jazzmanian Devil
Waddle's Blooming Pixie

Rabbithoundjb

Post by Rabbithoundjb »

Guy's and girls I use a dust that bayer makes, you can get it at lowes. It's a garden dust that has permitherin in it. I think it works even better than the seven dust. Tiger also makes about the same product. I have used all 3 in the past with good results.

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Viper...in bags. Same product

Mike Gibeaut

Post by Mike Gibeaut »

I have used sevin for over 20 years put it on dogs and in their kennel.No ticks no fleas no adverse affects.Fortunately my brother worked at the plant that made it I used 100% .Bad news for me they moved the plant over seas still have enough left for about 2 years
Mike Gibeaut
Listen to your Dogs With Your Ears Watch Them With Your Eyes Leave your Ego At Home

KyBeagleGuy09

Post by KyBeagleGuy09 »

get a 60 gallon barrell mix to bottles of happy jack dog dip and use it all summer i keep the barrel sitting right beside my kennells come in from running as i get the dogs out of the truck throw one at a time in the barrel when done put lid back on barrel good all summer