Homemade Frontline/Flea and Tick control

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

BAR-NONE

Homemade Frontline/Flea and Tick control

Post by BAR-NONE »

who's got the recipe for the homemade frontline?
In GOD we trust, everybody else pays cash

Little Hawk

Re: Homemade Frontline/Flea and Tick control

Post by Little Hawk »

I use Termidor SC same strength same ingredient as frontline 9.1% fipronil 49.99 for a 20oz bottle at do your own pest control 866-581-7378 I use 1/2 to 3/4 cc between shoulders apply just like front line l have used it for years works great for fleas and ticks.

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

If you use Ivermectin for heart worms it should rid the dogs of ticks and fleas.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

k & m kennels

Post by k & m kennels »

Ole Mule,Do you put this ivemectin behind neck on shoulders?How much and how often?
I'm not useing ivemec at this point at all. Thks

sgc

Post by sgc »

I started to inject ivermectin subcutaneously, after, previously, for years, using a seringe (without a needle) to shoot it down the back of the throat. I switched methods because some beaglers think the harshness of ivermectin can effect sense of smell. Some others mix it with coca cola, for example, to cut the harshness before giving it orally. I never felt I could control the dosage by mixing it. Not over- dosing is pretty crucial.

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

ivomec doesnt kill ticks and fleas just ear and mange mites and small immature heart worm microfilaire google it you will see this is the truth ,there are several ways to control ticks and fleas you can google on here under health that work if resistance has not set in

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

I use ivermectin by the mouth have no problems with heart worms nor do I have any problems with ticks or fleas on my dogs. I do worm with goat wormer. I will continue doing it the same if it ain't broke I do not need to try fix anything.'

This is what I do been doing it for years: worming schedule Note 1 ml is 1 cc

heartworm with ivermectin may 1 august 1 nov 1 dec 1 For SC 4 times a year
dosage is: ivomec 1% solution -1/10 cc per 10 lbs. of dog weight

safe-guard goat wormer, fenbendazole eliminates intestinal parasites including roundworms, hookworms, some tapeworms, whipworms and giardia use 1 ml per 5 pounds for 3 days straight.

But I suggest you try what you want to and if it works continue that way, if not try something different.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

ivomec according to my vet says give 1/10 of a cc or ml (same actually) per 10 pounds of dog all months mosquitoes are out and a extra month after several frosts to be safe in the south usually april-december.

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

sbeagler wrote:ivomec according to my vet says give 1/10 of a cc or ml (same actually) per 10 pounds of dog all months mosquitoes are out and a extra month after several frosts to be safe in the south usually april-december.
The lifecycle of the nematode involves six stages, and a dog can get infected with heartworm only if two of these stages are fully completed inside the body of the mosquito, and those stages can only be completed inside the body of the mosquito if the temperature stays above 57 degrees for at least 45 days straight, both day and night. If the temperature drops below 57 degrees even once during that 45-day period, the lifecycle of the nematode is broken, and heartworm cannot be transmitted to your dog.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

k & m kennels

Post by k & m kennels »

litte hawk where you get this termidor ?

Little Hawk

Post by Little Hawk »

http://www.domyownpestcontrol.com. its located In Norcross GA 1-866-581-7378

bmgreen91

Post by bmgreen91 »

7 dust
Brian Green

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

Broad cast Diazinon and dilute Permetherin 10% and spray.

From reaction, I do believe Ivomec does give a burning feeling when injected.

LR Patch

Post by LR Patch »

I have to disagree about Ivemec not killing fleas & ticks . It's the only thing I have ever used for over 25 yrs for heart worms , but also in that time I've never used anything for fleas or ticks on a regular basis. I did use 7 dust some when the 10% was around in beding about 2 times per yr. Havent been able to buy it now for several yrs.
Anyways my dogs on concrete never have fleas and rarely a tick . Now I cant say how this happens but I know they pick up ticks and get fleas when run'n . So it does something to prevent them . The 2 dogs I keep on the ground will get fleas , and as SR said I sprinkle / spread diazion granuals & that takes care of them . I'll keep doing like ole mule said it aint broke so I aint fixing it .
Randy Vanosdale
LOUDON RIDGE PATCH
KL Vanosdale

http://www.loudonridgepache.com

Home of the tried and true Patch Hound! "Where honesty and
good hounds are a family tradition"