Which bloodlines are known for red/white dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

allniter

Re: Which bloodlines are known for red/white dogs

Post by allniter »

I raised a littler out of my RED MAN AND HALF TRACK female and THIRTY OUGHT SIX ---I like real well ,they are all red --copper nose -got foot and hunt handle like a dream -never ran anything off --until a few weeks ago --ran a squirrel even stood on the tree like a coon hound --tri- tronic changed his mind a bout running those things that go up trees --he hadn't been out of the kennel for some time because of the winter we had ---
ALWAY GO BY THE RULES AND NEVER A PROBLEM

backyard beagler

Post by backyard beagler »

Rising suns, ellison ridge redman seems to throw what i call red
Paul Blackburn
Blackburn's Beagles
LpGrRch LpGrBch Blackburn's Rabbit Charming Preacher(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Black Jack(rip)
LpRch Blackburn's Rockstar

John Way

Post by John Way »

Gene, As with any line of hounds, certain individuals exceed others in abilities. I have not seen a hound from any litter in over 30 years that couldn't account for their rabbit solo or in a pack. I have found hunt to be good to excellent with hounds I've kept. Top driving speed ( when possible ) is what I would consider well above average. The perfect hound for me adjusts to conditions. An extremely fast hound does not excite me. Fast as possible - slow as necessary..... The main thing that drew me to these hounds so many years ago was, close relatives to hounds my family kept in the 60's and 70's and proper use of mouth.My dad and grandfathers were BIG on that. Kind of stuck to me. Strong nose , but very very few extra barks. Seldom hear a peep until we are moving forward on a hot line. I have watched hare/ rabbits being silently tracked on a cold morning , after a bit of whining finally to open and the chase is on. Nothing worse to me then constantly tending and retrieving a mouthy hound disrupting the hunt, regardless of their pursuing ability. I only keep 4 hounds now. The days of feeding a dozen or more are done. Only breed a litter every other year. I'm typically very satisfied with pups I keep,rarely sell a running hound , so no need to breed ,breed ,breed. Also usually give away or sell pups to younger beaglers in my area whenever possible. Just keeping it fun.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Was wondering if anyone else has noticed this.Seems to me that red-white,lemon-white beagles are "bleeders".Maybe it's just coincidence but I've seen a bunch of dogs colored up that way come in from hunting or from running on a cast,etc.and they'll look like they've been through a meat grinder.Tails,ears,nose and around the eyes.I know that their light coloring may show the blood more than the darker colored dogs.....And no, don't try and tell me it's because they hunt harder than the other colored dogs.LOL.
I was just wondering if they are more prone to bleed easy.Like red headed people are fairer skinned and sun burn easy???????????
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

mingoman

Post by mingoman »

retired4now740 wrote:I have 2 red n white ticked 13 month olds from Gridiron All Out Blitz, Gridiron Fourth and Goal Gal ( black & tan ) Maverick Red Hoss n Abells CPC Red Nickie n Rouge Cajun Tibideaux red n white in their background. Gridirons are Granparents on Dams side.
ImageHere is a pic of Rouge Cajun Tibideaux. He had redman and bramlett blood.

retired4now740

Post by retired4now740 »

Mingo, where did you find my dogs? LOL they are almost identical to some of a friend and mine, that pretty
Life is too short to run UGLY DOGS

mingoman

Post by mingoman »

retired4now740 wrote:Mingo, where did you find my dogs? LOL they are almost identical to some of a friend and mine, that pretty
Great to know Tibbs passed his good looks on. I got him from cpc kennels in bowling green ky. Paul Abell had some great red dogs.

rhoward

Post by rhoward »

did not no I had a red and white female for sale.

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

I hear the term "coppernose" alot. can someone post a pic of a true coppernose so I know what in the heck y'all are talking about. all mine have black noses :D or at least I think they do. on a side note I do like the looks of some of those red dogs.
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady