Are you Addicted ?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Gabby's Beagles

Are you Addicted ?

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

My wife says I'm addicted to beagles. I have to agree. But why ? Why do you have beagles ? Is it just a hobby? Is it that they are just a hunting tool ? Is it the competition ? Is it meeting new people and the companionship ? For me it's a lot of the above. It's my get away from the every day busy life.

Ole Mule

Re: Are you Addicted ?

Post by Ole Mule »

Am I addicted I would say no. I do own a beagle pup but have not tooken possession of her yet, will do that Saturday. But I am excited about getting a beagle. I am going to go slow and see if I can get her started and hunting rabbits and if successful then I might get addicted.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

briarhopper

Post by briarhopper »

I've been around beagles since i was a little boy and is more a way of life than anything. I am addicted to running em and listening to em, im addicted to killin bunnies, im addicted to spending time around the yard workin with em, im addicted to researching and looking up pedigrees. My wife and kids say im addicted, but all i can say is its how i'm bred. Learned it from dad and grandpa, hopefully i will pass that gene on down the line. I am olso a junkie for killin deer, but its better than what other guys my age may be addicted to.

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

I agree with briarhopper it must be bred into us ! ive always had some kind of hunting dog and have sometimes wondered why i do it . my son has no desire to own a
hunting dog ! ( BAD CROSS ) LOL ! but does seem to have an eye for good dog work and has told me several times my dogs looked stupid ! LOL

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I own beagles for a lot of the same reasons Gabby mentioned. I've met some great people running beagles, both hunting, trialing, and just for fun. I love the beagle music! I also enjoy the challenge of making a dog all he can be.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

duckbuster38401

Post by duckbuster38401 »

To me its just a part of life, I like hearing a hound run be it a beagle or coon dog. I just like hounds, I always have. I use to bird hunt with my father. Never ran with dogs till I was a teen and a friends uncle had some. I am just now getting in to the trials, its fun meeting other people and seeing other dogs run and where your dogs stack up.
Jason McMeen
931-446-1467

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I absolutely agree. It's part of my life. I have met and become friends with quite a few people all because of these little hounds.

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I like working with pups. Putting in the time to get one started, and then running. It's real rewarding. I plan on doing some breeding in about two years if my pups turn out good. I like gun hunting more then trailing, but want to do a bit of trailing too. First thing is meat in the freezer. Second thing is trailing. Biggest thing is gun hunting with my buddies and having a good time. Only way to have a good time is kill plenty of rabbits lol

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Addicted to rabbit hunting and running my hounds.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

drcbeagle

Post by drcbeagle »

simple hell yes luv the sound of beagle music

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Lol! If y'all were not addicted, you wouldn't be putting post on a beagle forum in your off time! Lol!
My answer.. Like a drug! Lol!
BONE BOX BEAGLES