Just wanna say

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

rock pushin rabbit hunter

Re: Just wanna say

Post by rock pushin rabbit hunter »

Rabbitat farm. I bet those guys don't take their trap guns hunting much either.
Home Of
LPGRCH LPBCH 2013 Ky. State Ch. Winner Dixie Drivin' Big Show
LPGRCH 2012 Autism Hunt Winner Hicks' Edge
LPGRCH Watts Rabbit Traitor
LPRCH LPBCH Longwoods Krusher
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

Dan440

Post by Dan440 »

Joey if you are running dogs like Big Show you know they will compete in the Midwest
LIVE ACTION KENNELS
FCGD MAUCH ONE MILI
FCGD DAGO VALLEY BULLET
FCGD STARS N STRIPES JR.
FCGD LIVE ACTION MILI'S MAYHEM
FCGD LIVE ACTION RANGER MCDANIELS
FCGD LIVE ACTION ALL DAY ABBEY

Love running Mid-West Dan. Just hard for me financially to travel the circuit. Also working till 4 Saturday mornings is also tough. Love the way they judge hounds though. Wish I could attend more.
Home Of
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

Kenny VanHoose

Post by Kenny VanHoose »

No harm no foul Joey. :D
Wildcat Kennel
Wildcat Cosmo
Wildcat Newman
Grand R. Ch. Wildwood Eli
Grand R. Ch. B. CH Wildcat Joker
Grand R. CH. Gr. Bench Ch. Wildcat Earl

warddog

Post by warddog »

One man's trash is another man's treasure and it is ALL in the eye of the beholder. I've stated many times that when competition coon hunting I witnessed many titled hounds both Nite Champions and Grand Nites that were so full of flaws I wouldn't own them for coon hunting BUT they sure were good competition coon hounds. Witnessed many, top coon hound Grand Nite Champions burn trash and fall off treed on a coon. Seen many rough at the tree but never get caught although pretty obvious of what was taking place and many automatic strike dogs, some tight to silent on track, tree chewers etc. Never saw a perfect coon hound and it was a matter of just how much flaws a man could personally stomach. I got out of the game as competition hunting and coon hunting just got to be two totally different things and the hounds were judged by individuals in the same trial game and not by folks having an every night coon hunt. Think what you will BUT there is a difference when folks are competing for a title in lieu of a pelt. This is my opinion after following these hounds and people for many years both in competition and on pleasure hunts.

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Same here wardog . 27 yrs coonhunting and 90% of the nite and gr. nites i seen go made me sick ! they wouldnt have made a pimple on a coondogs butt !
jmo

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

mn_beagleboy wrote:I saw some of the best. Trialer guys know what it takes to win. If you think their dogs are worthless, you are absolutely wrong. Ask to go inside and marshall the trial. Make sure bring a measuring stick dog to test. I gurantee if its your first trial, it could be traumatize.
i was traumatized at the first trial i watched it was i guess what you would call Brace hounds or walkie talkies MADE ME SICK ! I think thats why i ran
grade dogs for yrs i thought reg. beagles were junk ! now i know better ! jmo

Mapel Valley Kennels LLC.

Post by Mapel Valley Kennels LLC. »

Joey, Your dog is pretty clean in my eyes. Your problem is in conditioning him. I feed that cull anyday, send him down to me I think I remember how to condition one.
Trials are very expensive to hit to just show off the goods. especially when ya aint winning. Keep after it.
When the moment of truth arrives, the point of preparation has passed.
Old School, Full Throttle ,No Bottle.

WTH?
Home Of
LPRCH Cave Run Josie

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

"i was traumatized at the first trial i watched it was i guess what you would call Brace hounds or walkie talkies MADE ME SICK ! I think thats why i ran
grade dogs for yrs i thought reg. beagles were junk ! now i know better ! jmo"

You reminded me of a guy who live in MI. I don't care if it was brace, midwest, or lph. Go bring home the blue ribbon then complained how sick it was with akc beagle. Otherwise stop bashing about akc trial as a whole. I saw some of the best and that was my opinnion. It was spo on hare that I saw and it was IFC Green Bay Butkus.
Minnesota Beagler

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Where in my post did you see AKC ?

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Sorry I thought you meant akc brace. To me brace is for those who enjoys hearing, listening, and seeing their dog running rabbit. Nothing is wrong with brace. The most important is enjoy the trial and there are all sorts of format for every style of dog.
Minnesota Beagler

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

mn beagleboy no offence taken all my dogs are AKC reg. i wouldnt own them if they were not ! lol i was using the word
traumatized loosly and humorously . the dogs i seen run were probably akc reg but it was a club hunt . i went with a guy
who bought this dog to run at the beagle club . i think he was the one traumatized by it his words were ( you couldnt hunt
with these dogs they cant run a rabbit ) and honestly growing up thats all i heard from oldtimers was that reg. beagles were
to slow so i had no interest in them but like i said in my post ( now i know better) . i know the midwest was formed by guys
wanting a faster hunting dog so there probably was some truth to what the oldtimers said about reg. beagles in this area in
the 1970s . there are many ways to enjoy beagles ! from pets to trialing its what ever you enjoy! ......take care