Never too old to Enjoy Beagles

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Newt

Never too old to Enjoy Beagles

Post by Newt »

My wife was talking to an elderly lady this morning about finding a house for my sister. My sister is seventy-eight and no longer feels comfortable living away from family. The lady is 93, her sister is 99, and her brother is 90 all living together. She asked my wife if I owned beagles. My wife said yes. She told my wife that her 90 year old brother enjoyed sitting on the deck listening to my beagles running rabbits, across the road from their house. That just gives me another reason to run beagles. That ninety year old needs some hound music. :)

rabbitearl

Re: Never too old to Enjoy Beagles

Post by rabbitearl »

Enjoy it when you can.i had three old men that ran in my pen three years ago and now they are gone,and don t know how many are not able to have dogs anymore because of there health,and some young ones to that have past.

I just cannot understand me.Nobody love it as much as I did and now for three years I ve not had a dog.Been rabbit hunting one time and left early.Just don t care about it anymore.

steve w

Post by steve w »

I know a 84 year old guy that still runs fairly regular, I can only hope to do the same.

z-nail

Post by z-nail »

We have a guy at our club that is 86 and he runs his beagles almost every morning