Running pen in Southeast Iowa (starting and conditioning)

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Big River Beagles S

Running pen in Southeast Iowa (starting and conditioning)

Post by Big River Beagles S »

Gonna have my running pen open to start a few pups for people in late July early August. I would like pups to be atleast 6 months of age.
My pen is 13 acres of natural rabbit habitat, just replanted 4 acres in native grasses rest is brush and hinge cut trees that is thick, all wild rabbits and as close to natural population that I can keep, I like a pup to have to hunt to find game and stick with it, I usually will start pups with an old dog and as soon as they are going some they do it by themselves, old dog just helps speed up process. I will only take a few pups a month and may take a dog or 2 to condition. Dogs need to be current on vaccines and need flea and tick preventetive or I will furnish a collar with a tag. I live in the extreme SE corner of the state. If interested give me a call (319)-470-2380 or PM me Thanks Scott

Big River Beagles S

Re: Running pen in Southeast Iowa (starting and conditioning

btt

Big River Beagles S

Re: Running pen in Southeast Iowa (starting and conditioning

had a guy cancel his November reservation have opening or a couple

Big River Beagles S

Re: Running pen in Southeast Iowa (starting and conditioning)

I have openings starting in Oct. and on will take no more than 6 a month and spots are filling fast $5 a day. I feed showtime feed. Pen is very thick and have good population of bunnies. 319-470-2380