what do you think boys

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tcshy

what do you think boys

Post by tcshy »

I am going breed my double bred reggie male to my ranger dave/reggie female. Good cross or not?

Ron Conroe

Re: what do you think boys

Post by Ron Conroe »

It don't make a difference what the Dogs are out of, it's if they run the way u like them to.

tcshy

Post by tcshy »

I know this man lol just wondering what people thought.

David Bowers

Post by David Bowers »

You Know this is a question many would say you are asking for trouble. I am just giving my opinion here and I am sure others will disagree but who cares. Five years ago you couldn't give me a Reggie dog and now I have several. A lots of people judge the sire from one dog they have seen and didn't like. I know I did but looking at the big picture it takes two dogs to make pups. With that being said Reggie has put some darn good dogs on the ground. I fill his only fought is man not knowing when and when not to breed to him. I think you are doing right putting Reggie three times in the pedigree but, then you will have some say no that will be too much turbo. But who cares what we think you will be the one feeding them and if both sire and dame are above average rabbit dogs I say go for it. But with line breeding pay close attention to both dogs you are breeding. If the same fought is in both dogs guess what; you will have a pen full of trouble. Good luck with your breeding.
http://sqdawgs.com/LOOK OUT THE WAY HE WENT KENNELS

tcshy

Post by tcshy »

Thanks David i see your point.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Ron Conroe wrote:It don't make a difference what the Dogs are out of, it's if they run the way u like them to.
+1 dam I hate agree with you Ron !
TheJohnBirchSociety

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

Nothing wrong with Reggie IMO but heavy line breeding may produce some genetic flaws . bad bites, small size,poor voice,ect,ect,ect! jmo