SPEED w/control

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

transman63

Re: SPEED w/control

Post by transman63 »

transman63 wrote:ifc cedar beck blazer ll, ifc Oliver. ajs charley harper. ajs hammer time. fast ass they come and the best control you will find '' I guaranty THAT '' you don't believe it come to my house and see for your self :nod: Charlie is a off sping of oliver. hamer is a off sping of blazer ll.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

transman63

Post by transman63 »

:nod: :nod: :nod: please come see the 2 young males I got her u will never have to look no further.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

Mt. State Blue Bud will put some foot in them, hunt won't lack either...

I also have seen a pup off of IFC Captain Pickard, the young dog could flat move....impressed me enough to give Cappy a try as well.

tcshy

Post by tcshy »

Ranger dan/ greenwells reggie cross enough said in my opinion.

pilotknob

Post by pilotknob »

[quote="BCBeagles"]You are running cotton tails correct? Boy, in just this post alone the control and speed opinions vary greatly.........

Go watch dogs run, if you are seeing the foot and not the point of loss work.....look more.....foot is easy to find.....control, true control........much, much harder! Both together....well.....they are just rare.

My opinion, I have only seen really fast dogs look good on good rabbits, one that want to stretch out and run straight. Take a dodging diving rabbit and evaluate the same dog.....you may not see the control you are looking for.

Take a medium to upper medium hound with true point of loss work. They sure wont foot up with the burners on the long runs, may not get left behind either, but them on most cottontails, which normally duck and dodge, will hang pretty tight on one.

I am always looking for fast, close, controlled, extreme hunt, walk it out, drive it to death..........still looking...have a couple nice ones......but still looking....lol.
Good Post.You could almost use OHM's law to measure speed and control on hounds.They truly seem inversely proportinal.I never had one that I could truly call smooth in a pack on cottontail when I had hare influenced hounds.I have mostly cottontail influenced hounds now and still have to weed through quite a few that want to get rough and footy to get a smooth pack.I love a fast dog that can do it right,just was never able to get 4 or 5 that would still do it when they were together.

pcable

Post by pcable »

Awful Bawlin hounds seem to have plenty of foot and great control on the cottontails. I have Branko, Northway, Shaker, and Striker in my kennels and the Shaker X Striker cross is my favorite. I also have a lot of Branko's AliBaba blood that I really like. They all hunt and run consistently together. Anyone who wants can come watch them run when the snakes slow down. Would be happy to show them in the field!
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

FC Branko's Red River Runner x Hitman bitches....

I got a 14 month old that turns on a dime and drives out like a veteran.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Buckeye Bob

Post by Buckeye Bob »

Shady Grove Beagles wrote:Brian
That female I got out of Statin's Blue Samurai and your Blue Belle II female seems to have it.
Ran her this morning in the pouring rain and she was flat out pounding that rabbit.Saw the rabbit several times and intentionally turned it to create a check and she was slamming on the brakes,snapped back and would grab it and fire out of there.Pretty impressive for a dog not yet a year old.
I'm really liking her alot and she seems to have nose to spare and really spits them out when she locks on.
Dana
Shady, I got a litter mate too. Trying to get him caught up with your guys' dogs. He is the fastest young dog I've ever seen and I've seen him skid trying to stop and go back to the loss.

cjgrabhunter

Post by cjgrabhunter »

Staten's Blue Samari hands down I have 3 different dogs out of him and I guarantee they can run with speed and have the control to turn it on a dime and they have the brains nose hunt stamina to do it all day everyday sure don't regret ever getting this bloodline Jonah Staten is a first class guy that knows his bloodline hands down give him a try you will not be disappointed at all I'm sure not.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Any of you that know me are aware that I'm a linbreeder of I.F.C. Maravic's Blue Ninja bloodlines and have been following them since 1993.
Granted there are a lot of dogs out there that carry his blood and I sure haven't seen most of them run.
But I did have the opportunity to see Ninja and his littermate sisters Mimi and Missy run at Large Pack on Hare trials on several occasions.They were very impressive to say the least.
From my own experience I would have to humbly say that Statin's Blue Samurai possesses more of the "Ninja" traits in looks and abilities as any I've had the opportunity to see run rabbits or hare.
Not only is Sam and his litter sister Maggie for real rabbit dogs but most importantly he is PRODUCING his likeness across females from different lines/families which is the mark of a pre-potent stud dog.Talk to people that have pups/young dogs out of him and I believe you will hear very positive comments.I have a female out of Sam and a I.F.C. Beavercreek Blue Max female that is a couple of weeks shy of her first birthday and she will really make you smile as she is showing to be the better kind.
Sam has never been trialed and I doubt ever will be.Jonah just isn't interested, so if you require a title on your litter's stud you'llhave to look elsewhere.
He might not suit you and what you're looking for but for what I like in speed with control he's got all the tools.
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

RDN61

Post by RDN61 »

This is what I know about Staten's Blue Samurai. As for his sire side Turbo and Ninja my knowledge is mostly hearsay. I did see Turbo run a time or two but never Ninja.
As for his dam side I have spent many hours in the field with them. His dam I never got to see run but ,Sam's grandparents and great grandparents and many others in his pedigree,I have spent many hours running and hunting over. I have ran with Sam and I see the same traits as his ancestors. I have also got to see several pups from Sam and different females, they consistently show the same traits. Start easy and early, good check work, the ones I have seen never come out of a check and look for you, they have above average nose, I would say above average hunt, and speed to spare.
I am not saying all of his pups are super dogs, but I like most that I have seen and yes I do own a couple.
I just recently bred his litter mate sister to a son of his, that is how much I think of his offspring.

hskennels69

Post by hskennels69 »

Staten's Blue Samurai.....Tons of foot and can turn on a dime...I've had several pups out of him and like a fool let them go....He's a proven producer and he's been bred to a variety of lines and the pups still turn out tough....
Home of:
LP R. CH. UKC DUAL CH. PKC SILVER CHAMPION OLD DIRTY SOUTH PLAYBOY
H&S MUSTANG SALLY

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I also have two dogs out of Statens Blue Samurai. Had another that died at a young age that could absolutely run a rabbit. Liked him so much I bred my female to Sam a second time. I have seen numerous pups from Sam out of different females and for the most part all have the same traits. Above average hunt . Above average nose, big mouths, really good foot but also good line control. Brains and good check work. I've seen pups out of 5 different females and more than just one pup out of those females.

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

statens blue samurai is the real deal We have 2 males out of sam that are top shelf young dogs.
folks should take a look at sam he throws very nice pups Sam is the target dog in my future plans
and his blood will be in my kennel for as long as i have beagles.

J Riser

Post by J Riser »

I own a less than two year old male out of Staten's Blue Samuria he is a well above average dog in my opinion. Heard nothing but good about my male's dam as well. As Shady Groove stated Sam is a pre-potent reproducer he may not have a title but titles do not reproduce rabbit dogs. My dog is not prefect but has been a real pleasure to work with. I have put the work into him he's everything I hoped for.