SPEED w/control

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

outrider66

SPEED w/control

Post by outrider66 »

looking for that ! any opinions on where to get that stuff at ?

Lone Pine Beagles

Re: SPEED w/control

Post by Lone Pine Beagles »

You have to sacrifice one for the other.

I really like the stuff out of FC Kickem up Kane.
My Banjo dog is out of Kane and has 3 Progressive Pack wins and placed twice in Large Pack on Hare.
Now that's versatility!
;)

kellyg

Post by kellyg »

ifc blazer II has that. just ask anyone that has competed with him

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

get a pup off of FC Southwoods Cyclone....Jake Richards or talk to Jake, he has good dogs, knows good dogs.

Quickest dogs I have seen that KNOW where the point of loss truly is, not just an area.....Good luck!!!!

mn_beagleboy

Post by mn_beagleboy »

Greenbay or huntemup in new york. Speed, control, nose, brain, n hunt.
Minnesota Beagler

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

Just from personal experience, Spotty Beast. I own, or have ran with 6 of his pups, and they all have foot to spare and know where the track is.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Hitman blood. Lock on and roll
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

Brian
That female I got out of Statin's Blue Samurai and your Blue Belle II female seems to have it.
Ran her this morning in the pouring rain and she was flat out pounding that rabbit.Saw the rabbit several times and intentionally turned it to create a check and she was slamming on the brakes,snapped back and would grab it and fire out of there.Pretty impressive for a dog not yet a year old.
I'm really liking her alot and she seems to have nose to spare and really spits them out when she locks on.
Dana
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

You are running cotton tails correct? Boy, in just this post alone the control and speed opinions vary greatly.........

Go watch dogs run, if you are seeing the foot and not the point of loss work.....look more.....foot is easy to find.....control, true control........much, much harder! Both together....well.....they are just rare.

My opinion, I have only seen really fast dogs look good on good rabbits, one that want to stretch out and run straight. Take a dodging diving rabbit and evaluate the same dog.....you may not see the control you are looking for.

Take a medium to upper medium hound with true point of loss work. They sure wont foot up with the burners on the long runs, may not get left behind either, but them on most cottontails, which normally duck and dodge, will hang pretty tight on one.

I am always looking for fast, close, controlled, extreme hunt, walk it out, drive it to death..........still looking...have a couple nice ones......but still looking....lol.

Good luck! Welcome anytime in Farmington WV to evaluate ANY and ALL hounds I have......take care!

transman63

Post by transman63 »

ifc cedar beck blazer ll, ifc Oliver. ajs charley harper. ajs hammer time. fast ass they come and the best control you will find '' I guaranty THAT '' you don't believe it come to my house and see for your self :nod: Charlie is a off sping of oliver. hamer is a off sping of blazer ll.
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

NorthBranch Rummer

Post by NorthBranch Rummer »

BCBeagles wrote:You are running cotton tails correct? Boy, in just this post alone the control and speed opinions vary greatly.........

Go watch dogs run, if you are seeing the foot and not the point of loss work.....look more.....foot is easy to find.....control, true control........much, much harder! Both together....well.....they are just rare.

My opinion, I have only seen really fast dogs look good on good rabbits, one that want to stretch out and run straight. Take a dodging diving rabbit and evaluate the same dog.....you may not see the control you are looking for.

Take a medium to upper medium hound with true point of loss work. They sure wont foot up with the burners on the long runs, may not get left behind either, but them on most cottontails, which normally duck and dodge, will hang pretty tight on one.

I am always looking for fast, close, controlled, extreme hunt, walk it out, drive it to death..........still looking...have a couple nice ones......but still looking....lol.

Good luck! Welcome anytime in Farmington WV to evaluate ANY and ALL hounds I have......take care!
No matter what end of the spectrum your on, that's pretty well said Jim!

pcable

Post by pcable »

Awful Bawlin. Striker x Shaker!
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

east80kennels

Post by east80kennels »

pcable wrote:Awful Bawlin. Striker x Shaker!

i second that!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin: :check:

walkerdogman85

Post by walkerdogman85 »

BCBeagles wrote:You are running cotton tails correct? Boy, in just this post alone the control and speed opinions vary greatly.........

:thumbsup: :check:
Michael West
1-740-502-8956
http://www.simmonsrunbeagles.com/

ANTHONY KERR

Post by ANTHONY KERR »

pcable wrote:Awful Bawlin. Striker x Shaker!
Agreed ! Even better with a touch of Buzzsaw on the top side
Where's the earth shattering kaboom ?