Registry question?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

bwe007

Re: Registry question?

Post by bwe007 »

it is breakneck beagle club. I personally know the individuals who they want out of the club and yes they run a faster dog. neither one of them has been to an arha trial in a couple of years. they are stand up guys who would give you the shirts off their backs. this is a low-life, sneak-thief way to handle the situation these guys have been members for 15 + years. who cares what style of dog they like. the important fact is they are beaglers. your club officers should be ashamed of themselves for even thinking of this. and shame on you for actually wanting to get your dog unregistered instead of sticking up for your fellow houndsman. :bash: :bash: :bash: :censored: :loser:
LPRC LPGRBC COAL HILL'S PRINCESS WILLOW 2010 PA STATE CHAMP 2012 PA STATE RESERVE
LPRC HAWG DAWG'S CUPID R.I.P.
LPRC LPBCH EMRICH'S BLUE WILLIE
RHOADE'S ROYAL BLU BELLE R.I.P.

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

I talked to one of the guys from the club a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe what he was saying. They have a problem with dogs registered UKC NKC because they accept single registered dogs. They are under the impression that somehow your AKC dog becomes unregistered or some thing...I can't imagine that being dual CKC/ Canadian Kennel Club would be the same thing since AKC will full register a Canadian hound. I would bet that they are thinking Continental Kennel Club which is a registry that pet stores/puppy mills like to use.

Any way the Northeast is going to start seeing more clubs offering Progressive Pack and UKC SPO trials in the future and they are going to have quite a few dual/triple registered hounds running in their trials and there will be nothing they can do about it. Join a club that is more interested in the HUNTING BEAGLE, register with UKC and NKC and have fun with more opportunity to compete with your hounds.
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

How do they even know your hound is multiple registered in registries in this Country? None of my American hounds show multiple registries on their AKC papers. Only those imported and showing their Country of origin registry have any notation on their AKC papers.
For AKC to have put this information on their paper, the hound would have to have been registered in UKC or NKC first and I guess that's not impossible but seemingly unlikely to me with the time window involved and the papers going different directions. Since AKC is a closed registry and the others recognize AKC papers, I always registered with AKC first.

It seems odd and greatly presumptuous that how a hound is registered would have any effect and what quality it may bestow upon running a rabbit. If it's on AKC paper, it should be good enough for any AKC club. jmho

Pyzon24

Post by Pyzon24 »

Smoke and BWE007 are right. Its prob BN Beagle Club. Yes these guys are two stand up gentlemen and have been there longer than most members. Sure they might not "promote" the kinda of dog these guys run. But who cares, they pay there dues and put in the required amount of work hours in every year. So should that not give them the right to use the pen, when no one else is.There dogs are AKC reg.

Funny how it was never a problem until this club received $750,000 of Marcellus Shale money. $30,000-$50,000 of royalties a month now they want to be picky.
Just the figures i heard, don't know the truth.
Mike Conti

warddog

Post by warddog »

One thing to say about it, if they took my dues money then they would take my dog(s) regardless of how many registries they were papered under.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I know guys who have been to brankos and have reg there dogs AKC,NKC, and PKC. If they come CKC (Canada) papers then that shows your validity for your AKC reg. I'm also pretty sure that you can get a grade dog reg AKC, but have to go through a lengthy process. I know guys who have been turned down to join a club just because they ran ARHA LP. Those hounds have to be NKC reg. Sounds like they want to be a :moon: about it. It pisses me off hearing about stuff like this. The AKC club my buddies tried to join, and turned got denied from will gladly tell you it's because they run LP style of dogs. I myself run LP format, but everyone if my hounds are AKC reg first. I guess they think by being multi reg it will delude the statue of the club. Lol! Which is a load of crap. Where and what were the very first hounds that started out registery. They were grade hounds! So this (we can't accept stuff is crap). They just don't want get a hound in there that might beat there ass.

I run and own all AKC reg hounds, majority are also NKC reg.
NKC ( National Kennel Club ) if hounds are AKC reg, they do not have to be inspected, because that is proof they are full blooded. You can also reg a grade dog, but it has to prove inspection by a qualified breed inspector.
PKC ( professional kennel club ) states that it has to be of the beagle breed. Meaning kinda got to look like a beagle, but it could be beagle/Fiest mix. Now it might be a hell of a rabbit dog, I'm not disagreeing on that, but I do not think that is professional at all.

Akc is for bettering the beagle breed, YES, but I do not think it right of an AKC club to shun somebody away just because they also run a diff format. To me if a hound can perform in multiple formats it shows it is a great representor of the beagle breed.

Also I agree with what WARDOG stated: if I paid dues to that club and they wouldn't let me run my dogs, that would be a issue.
In a nutshell, if you like the hound run that sucker. Don't let couple club guys tell ya diff.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

NCSportsman

Post by NCSportsman »

A lot of folks here only know one side to the story, so don't be so quick to form an opinion.

Believe none of what you hear and 1/2 of what you see...

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

I'm not sure on the current situation with the guys that run there. I am pretty sure I know who they are as well.

What I do know, is that when I was going to join, that I was told my dogs wouldn't be welcome at the club, and that I should reconsider. It wouldn't have mattered if my dogs were only registered AKC or not, the club doesn't like fast dogs (or rough as a lot of the guys associate with speed).

Remmy

Post by Remmy »

It's a shame that clubs have to be this way. Now, more than ever, beaglers need to unite.
Home of:
Emerick's Shoot em up Blue Nellie
Emerick's Thicket Chirpin Cricket
Coal Hill's Queen of Hearts
Remmy
Winnie

Director Presque Isle Beagle Club

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Sounds to me like the click does not like to be beat by an outsider.......
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

NCSportsman

Post by NCSportsman »

Lee Cockman wrote:Sounds to me like the click does not like to be beat by an outsider.......
Nobody is being beat by anyone. How can you get beaten by another houndsman if they don't enter any of your trials?

If anybody would like some details, PM me and Ill be happy to explain in private...

Not airing laundry publicly...

Pyzon24

Post by Pyzon24 »

Smoke'n Mack wrote: It wouldn't have mattered if my dogs were only registered AKC or not, the club doesn't like fast dogs (or rough as a lot of the guys associate with speed).

You nailed it Smoke
Mike Conti

mfusco83

Post by mfusco83 »

People are screwed up if the dogs are AKC reg what's the big deal. If they have 20 other pieces of paper. Cause at the end of the day a beagle is a beagle. If a dog has AKC papers than they should be able to join a AKC club. What's the big deal if you want to reg in other formats. People have to much time on there hands.
Mike Fusco