Registry question?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

NCSportsman

Registry question?

Post by NCSportsman »

My Dad bought a female directly from Branko a year ago.

There is a concern at our club over duel registry.

He registered the dog AKC after the purchase. Is this dog also a CKC registered beagle?

If so, is there a way to rescind the CKC registry?

Rowco Beagle Kennels

Re: Registry question?

Post by Rowco Beagle Kennels »

If the dog came directly from Branko it is CKC registered, but why would you want to resend it, and also the validity of the CKC registration on the dog is what gets you the AKC registration.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

Why does it matter if the dog is dual registered? That does not make any sense to me. I have several from Branko that are CKC, AKC and NKC registered. As well ROWCO and company does. Why on earth would that matter?
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

NCSportsman

Post by NCSportsman »

I think the biggest concern are there are a couple guys with duel registry that run AHRA format competitions.

They utilize the grounds for conditioning their hounds and do nothing to promote AKC...

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

If a dog is purchased from Canada, it must first be registered with CKC before it can be registered with AKC. They are in contracual agreement with one another in order to keep record of each dog, or to get your money. I haven't figured out which one or both. I'm currently awaiting my CKC registration to return on IFC Clyde Of Moonhaven so I can fax AKC his CKC registration in my name. AKC will not send Clyde's AKC registration until they receive that fax. I only know this because of my recent experience. I sent Clyde's AKC registration form in and they sent me a letter stating that I needed to first transfer his CKC registration in my name. When I spoke to a AKC representative and expressed to her that I wasn't concerned with transferring his CKC registration to my name, that is when she informed me of their contract with CKC. It's not a problem except CKC isn't as quick to return registration transfers. It would be quicker if there were a way to transfer registration online, but there isn't so it's not.

rabbit chaser

Post by rabbit chaser »

pine lakes I had the SAME experience with a dog I got from canada. I to had to wait on the CKC papers. It's a pain in the :moon: though because as I found out it is up to the SELLER to take care of getting the papers updated with the new owners name and they are responsible for paying the transfer fees and then sending the stuf to the buyer. I got my papers but in the back of my mind I thought man I wonder how many people who have bought dogs never got their papers because the seller said forget it im not payin or taking the time to send the papers long after the dog is gone. After that one experience one of my FIRST questions now is if it is ckc registered? If it is I run the other direction. seems like they are just trying to get more $$ out of every dog that crosses the border to me!
Thumper Jumpin Kennels-home of:
Thumper Jumpin Luck-E-Colt
Thumper Jumpin Lil Terror on Paws
Behne's oopsie daisy
Behne's lady

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

My hounds are triple registered, one is quad registered . I am missing the issue your club has with a dual registered hound ?
Big Mike

NCSportsman

Post by NCSportsman »

Big Mike wrote:My hounds are triple registered, one is quad registered . I am missing the issue your club has with a dual registered hound ?
We are an AKC registered Beagle club. We promote the improvement of the AKC registered beagle.

This was the vision of the founding members from back in 1940's. It is in our constitution.

The issue is these other registries do not run AKC format at their trials.

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

so to brake it down barny style the club does not want any duel registered hounds running becouse it does not help the club becouse they run at the club then trial at a nkc trial rather than akc. it is like a local club that has a large pen that runs appalacian brace but they wont let me join becouse my dogs dont fit their style, sounds like yo just need to get it registered akc and not tell any one else of it being registered any other way. as long as you trial at the club and support it i dont see how they can have an issue with it.
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

Lee Cockman

Post by Lee Cockman »

You must be a UBGF or brace club?

In order to get a dog registered in AKC from Canada that has to be CKC. So your club that has been around since 1940 does not know that?
C&F Cottontail Kennels

C&F's Cinnamon Run RedBug
C&F's Talkabout TBO

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

HA, NCSportsman, I just looked at your location. I'm guessing you are a member at Breakneck BC? Central BC? One of those western PA clubs with a few folks that like a more conservative dog? Even whisper the word "Branko" around one of those clubs and you better hang on.

Trust me when I tell you this, they aren't worried about your dog being registered in the CKC, they are worried about how your dog runs a rabbit. I tried joining Breakneck about 4 years ago, they told me to pound sand. I joined Hilltop BC in Cowansville, after two years of being on the waiting list, and I ran there for 2 weeks and they told me to keep my dogs out of the pen. "I could be a member still, but don't run your dogs here", type deal.

I finally found and joined Rayburn BC in Ford City. The guys there run a different style, but it doesn't matter to them what I run. I'm pretty new, but I helped them out at the first all age trial, and plan on being an active member. I was told as long as I help out, no one is gonna care what style dog I run. You just keep your dogs from harking in, don't bother anyone, and there isn't any problems. Which is the way it should be.

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

Also to note, I run my dogs in AKC. I have one that is doing very well in the AKC actually, just not in Western PA. She could also run ARHA if I wanted her too. Just because someone runs ARHA doesn't mean they aren't promoting an AKC beagle, seems to be a common misconception on this side of the state.

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

You seriously need to check out another club. Save yourself the aggravation.
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

fasttrackpa wrote:You seriously need to check out another club. Save yourself the aggravation.
Ditto what Andy said. There are good guys around here, regardless of what style of dog they run, you just gotta find the right place.

JackAttack

Post by JackAttack »

Just start running NKC and UKC trials at the club. We do this down at Lebanon County BC with no issues. Everyone just needs to work together and make this sport work as a whole. Many dogs that do well in AKC SPO would do well in both the other registries.
UKC CH HBCH and NKC PPGRRCH Three Sq Hollow Jacker
Howlin' Up The Hill Jill
Ironstone Hill Bruizer
Piketown Jett Lagg