Selling Out

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

likeemfast

Selling Out

Post by likeemfast »

Not long ago, there was a post about "Dog Traders" and how some were not very fond of them. Me personally, i don't mind a dog trader as much as i dislike the so-called beagler who is "SELLING OUT". ........The old saying "The only reason i'm selling this dog is cause i'm selling out" or "the wife blah blah blah" or "i'm giving up trialing and selling out cause i cant get a fair shake where i go to run." I personally get annoyed by the "so called selling out beaglers" only to watch them pop back up a month or two later breeding litters of pups or have a couple new hounds, and one even looking for a hound of a specific color. I guess the ones they were selling out over were the wrong color dog. My personal favorite, "she has been my hunting buddy since she was small" ....... what does that mean, are they not all born small ???? It's more the dishonesty that bothers me than anything. I'm sure some do get out only to realize they miss it, or even the reason they got out has no more validity and they are able to get back in, but when you actually breed a dog 10 days after your selling one of your best hounds cause your "selling out" is ridiculous.

I guess in short, ya make sure ya know who your dealing with, and how many times they were "SELLING OUT" , I know there are some guys on here that if they were selling $100 bills for $5 bucks i wouldn't buy any. ............ I feel better now. JMO
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

sammiller03

Re: Selling Out

Post by sammiller03 »

I have followed such posts and one hundred percent agree. I myself have sold out of beagles got back in coondogs and sold out and back in beagles but it wasn't over a two week period. I personally would not buy a selling out,no time,switching running styles dog unless I know the owner or watch the dog run a lot. I think buying a dog over the internet is risky business unless you do your homework.

Sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

As long as they are honest on what they are selling...
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Casey Harner wrote:As long as they are honest on what they are selling...
Then it's ok to sell out every other month?? I may agree if the reason is I don't like what I have now and wanna try something different. Not the reasons I've seen tho lately. Not trying to point fingers, just my opinion. We all know I have mine, lol.
Home of

Swampman

Post by Swampman »

I just read one in the adult hounds trading post where the female is only 14 months old, she has not been in the field more than 5 times since started, yet she has been bred, whelped pups and now she's for sale!
Pretty sure that I read not that long ago he was selling out too.

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

SELLING OUT AND STUD DOG ADS CRACK ME UP
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

likeemfast wrote:
Casey Harner wrote:As long as they are honest on what they are selling...
Then it's ok to sell out every other month?? I may agree if the reason is I don't like what I have now and wanna try something different. Not the reasons I've seen tho lately. Not trying to point fingers, just my opinion. We all know I have mine, lol.

It's their business not mine.... Honesty is the best for our sport. I could careless if someone wants to sell out every week and get back in the very next week. Just be honest and everything will work themselves out.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

Ole Mule

Post by Ole Mule »

I had 17 hunting dogs two years ago. I sold out -- dogs went to 2 different people in different states, they couldn't be happier. The good thing was I made the statement one night of my intentions they were all sold in less than 24 hours. They know why I sold out. They also knew when things got better I may start over. That isn't going to happen no time soon. But I have acquired two nice beagle puppies recently, but these are not for starting over different purpose in life for these two.
Stlnifr the Silent Hunter.
Rock Hollow Roxy
Rock Hollow Mabel
Rock Hollow Weasaw

S.R.Patch

Post by S.R.Patch »

I've bought from a guy who's been selling out for the last 15 yrs. He has a degenerative back disease and has planned to go to Florida. His mother is in the nursing home up north and he can't bring himself to leave her, but is continually in and out of the mood to keep hounds. He often will vary from 7 to 3 hounds, but he keeps good stock and I always look for him to sell down again. A number of times he's said "this is the last" but he always ends keeping the last three around.
I've never had any complaints and he has the knowledge and connections to bring back what he's given up.

Maybe the complainers should list their experiences at getting burned by those "selling out", or do they judge from aloft.
Beagle circles have a tendency to tighten around ones neck if corruption is discovered. But fact, not presumption should prevail.

bunnybuster88

Post by bunnybuster88 »

Likem, its really none of your business why or when they sell out. What matters is what u buy. If they wanna make money, so what. If u purchase something u should be 100 percent thats what u want. Anything after that doesn't matter. What happen to the old days when a trade was a trade. To many complain about what they buy. That falls on the buyer. You shoulda checked it. If to far to check, then don't buy expecting to b completely satisfied. I don't sell dogs, but I buy from anyone that can show me a good hound. Notice I said SHOW ME.

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

bunnybuster88 wrote:Likem, its really none of your business why or when they sell out. What matters is what u buy. If they wanna make money, so what. If u purchase something u should be 100 percent thats what u want. Anything after that doesn't matter. What happen to the old days when a trade was a trade. To many complain about what they buy. That falls on the buyer. You shoulda checked it. If to far to check, then don't buy expecting to b completely satisfied. I don't sell dogs, but I buy from anyone that can show me a good hound. Notice I said SHOW ME.
Little Bunny, I will buy off several guys on here site unseen and have no worries. I have 3 money can't buy right now and 1 real decent female that I may let go to make room for a male I'm buying sight unseen off someone I know I can trust. You do it ur way and I will do it mine. Public forum here and I'm stating my opinion and could care less about yours. Never met Casey and we don't agree on everything but I respect his opinion and several others. Yours ...... Well..... Who cares, maybe someone does but I don't.
Home of

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

S.R.Patch wrote: Maybe the complainers should list their experiences at getting burned by those "selling out", or do they judge from aloft.
Beagle circles have a tendency to tighten around ones neck if corruption is discovered. But fact, not presumption should prevail.

Patch, I'm not complaining and have no way been burned. I just come to my determinations by the ads people post and not just by their for sale ads, all their posts. I read and comprehend what I'm reading and draw my determinations from that. I don't need to meet someone face to face to know if their someone I would actually like to personally meet someday. I did leave it open by saying some guys have legitimate reasons for leaving the sport but as I have posted some guys are just ridiculously obvious their not quite truthful, or don't know what a good hound is. Once again, my opinion. Which I as always enjoy sharing, in case you have not figured that one out by now. Take care Patch.
Home of

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

IMO if someone posted something on here recently. week ago 2 weeks whatever and it is bothering you then maybe the
beagle board is becoming to much of a part of your life and you need to get out of the house more or something. what
you see on here shouldnt make you be negitive or knock another man or his dog. this is a forum called JUST TALKING DOGS !
not a soap opera! imo theres more talk on here about cookin rabbit than dustin 1st place ribbons anyway! no competition
just people.one stud dog,orjunk females or traders and selling out aint gonna change the breed. and you aint gonna save it
either! its always been the same thing and the only thing that has changed is the breeding stock is much better.time spent in
the woods training is imo the best thing one man can do for the breed ! dawg up ! train some ! live in the woods with them
it wont hurt ya !

warddog

Post by warddog »

In my opinion which is what the vast majority of ALL these posts on the internet are, each individual's opinion, I can pretty much tell from the posting(s) if I put much stock in an ad. As I have stated many times on here there are those that I consider E.F. Huttons and when they post, I read and listen but then there are others that are like farts in the wind. I have seen for sale ads that I take with a grain of salt especially when the seller has numerous ads in which they use or have used every reason in the book to sell dogs that they themselves have just recently purchased from someone else a few sho0rt weeks ago. I truly do not know how anyone could possibly know what a dogs will do when they change them as often as they change their underwear. It doesn't upset me one bit but it does show me right quick that I ain't pickin up what they are laying down. I also have bought dogs as well as equipment on these boards sight unseen BUT I'm worse then a picky mother when it comes to more things than peanut butter.

bunnybuster88

Post by bunnybuster88 »

likeemfast wrote:
bunnybuster88 wrote:Likem, its really none of your business why or when they sell out. What matters is what u buy. If they wanna make money, so what. If u purchase something u should be 100 percent thats what u want. Anything after that doesn't matter. What happen to the old days when a trade was a trade. To many complain about what they buy. That falls on the buyer. You shoulda checked it. If to far to check, then don't buy expecting to b completely satisfied. I don't sell dogs, but I buy from anyone that can show me a good hound. Notice I said SHOW ME.
Little Bunny, I will buy off several guys on here site unseen and have no worries. I have 3 money can't buy right now and 1 real decent female that I may let go to make room for a male I'm buying sight unseen off someone I know I can trust. You do it ur way and I will do it mine. Public forum here and I'm stating my opinion and could care less about yours. Never met Casey and we don't agree on everything but I respect his opinion and several others. Yours ...... Well..... Who cares, maybe someone does but I don't.
Lickeemfast, im glad u have a select few u buy from. Thats great, but why do u feel the need to get on a public forum thats made for selling dogs and shame people? Since u have your connections maybe u shouldnt read out of the forsale add. Go ahead and cast your witch hunt and do away with that group of people. You may b surprised when the biggest number of people has left this board. Then you can post to yourself. B T W, in case you havnt figured it out yet, i could care less about your opinion.