Baseball interrupts or beagling interrupts?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

TallPaul

Baseball interrupts or beagling interrupts?

Post by TallPaul »

The last couple of years, I've had a female that I thought if I could get her conditioned, maybe I could make a bench. But as every April brings, with 3 feet of snow still on the ground, time for ball. I thought, how great it would be to own or campaign a hound, that others would worry about when entering a trial. But that focus has been redirected, I can not express the pride when I watch my boys play their sports. My oldest plays soccer and every game he looks smoother, the three young ones play on the same Minor LL team, and my goodness have they played excellent ball. 2 homers last game alone by 2 of them. One finished a game last week, pitched 3 innings 9 K's allowed one hit.

Then come this fall, all of us, will be chasing hare and hunting deer.

We as fathers are blessed when we spend time with our children.
Beagling is not a science, just an opinion!

Big River Beagles S

Re: Baseball interrupts or beagling interrupts?

Post by Big River Beagles S »

congrats on a fine sounding batch of kids and you should be proud, it shows your priorities are in the right place to bad all Dads aren't so dedicated, HAPPY FATHERS DAY you deserve it

BCBeagles

Post by BCBeagles »

They will only be young once....that is the most enjoyable times ever.....beagles will be my part time for a LONG time.

Thanks for sharing!!

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

Sounds like a good father. Keep enjoying your children.You still get to go hunting with the hounds and your kids.Maybe a friend or handler can assist you.Happy Fathers Day to all!

jt&z's dad

Post by jt&z's dad »

Very nice. Keep up the great work and tell the boys I said way to go.

I was just getting ready to fire off another email to the UP sports editor because I hadn't recieved my weekly update when I came accross this. LOL :D
Tell everyone I said hello.........
"Beagling is like wrestling, leave your excuses with your mommy" TallPaul 2008

Schag

Post by Schag »

Sports have always been a big part of my life. My father gave up a lot to work with my brother and myself. I have done the same for my children. I still enjoy the hounds, but I enjoy being active with my family much more. My son had a championship baseball game on Father's Day in which he hit a grand slam over the fence. We finished the season 12-0. Instead of running hounds, I am pitching 200-400 balls daily to him. My hounds are not in shape, my arm is tired, but my boy loves it as well do I. We are blessed.

holeshot kennel

Post by holeshot kennel »

i coach baseball every summer and love it my dad did the same thing when i was young and now that hes gone i have those memories of the time we spent ev.summer.these kids keep me busy with games 2 days a week plus practice and yes my dogs are fat but i wouldnt miss a game if you tried to make me.i strictly pleasure run and trial nkc lp but every year i get more and more unintetested in trialing because of the backstabbing cutthroat lying people involved and to think that i missed one minute of being involved in my kids to go run dogs so i can spend a sat.at a trial with these type of people sickens me.ive tmrialed arha 19 years and seen a bunch come and go and i dont remember one single moment that has trumped the enjoyment i get out of working with my boys and their teammates on the ball diamond.to those of you that are missing out because your to wrapped up in your dogs i truely feel sorry for you...you wont get a second chance to raise yoyr kids
Lprch chasteens j&k Tom terrific(3 wins)
LP dual grch 2012 ill St champ twin pines Bernie
Lprch chasteens holeshot Amy
chasteens holeshot birdy

Moore Beagles

Post by Moore Beagles »

200-400 pitches a day! thats incredible... Were gonna Hear about You needing Tommyjohn Surgery! Shag Lol
Well When your Kids get grown You could go long Relief for The Reds, They Sure could Use Ya!
I'll keep My GOD, MY Freedom, My Guns, and My Money! You can keep the "CHANGE".

The Rich and Poor have a common bond, The LORD is the maker of them all. Proverbs 22:2

Blessed by the Best

bluecollar beagler

Post by bluecollar beagler »

same here. I have two outstanding young dogs that i plan to trial even if it means paying someone to do it for me but come fall and spring my boys play ball. I coach everything. Ive got a 9/10 team and a 7/8 team lol. all stars r just getting started for me. My dogs have been lucky if they get out once a week rt now. i figure ive only got a few years to enjoy this part of life and im engulfing myself in it. Hopefully when my boys grow up they will atleast remember how much time i gave them and spent w them playing... i told my wife when my boys were little that if they ever asked me to go out and play ball id never tell them no or i was too busy. So far ive stood good on my word.

Schag

Post by Schag »

Moore Beagles wrote:200-400 pitches a day! thats incredible... Were gonna Hear about You needing Tommyjohn Surgery! Shag Lol
Well When your Kids get grown You could go long Relief for The Reds, They Sure could Use Ya!
I have been blessed I guess. Pitched all my life. The old rag isn't what it use to be, but I can still whip it! Lol Just got back from a practice which I pitched BP the entire evening. My son and I stayed after. We love it. I have a bucket of 60 or more, and we do 4-7 or more a day. We are crazy! My son loves it, and I love being with him. The Reds, nah, still waiting on Cleveland to call! Ha,ha!

jt&z's dad

Post by jt&z's dad »

Yeppy yep some of the best years of my life I spent coaching. Coached and served on the board at our local LL baseball for 10 years. Coached 8 years of all stars and 5 years of travel ball during those 10 years. Those were some lonnnnggggg summers, but I wouldn't change a thing. After the LL days and travel ball I coached 3 years for our local JR High after my boys moved on to HS.

I also coach and serve as the club President for our wrestling teams. From 5 yr olds all the way thru HS varsity teams for the last 13 years. The wife and I have been very involved with the wrestling teams starting in early Nov thru to the end of Mar. Practices twice a week for youths and daily for the JR High and High schoolers. Wed and Sat meets for HS and Sat or Sun for the youths. But alas our youngest just graduated and the wife and I are calling it quits. Now the dogs get there turn again... :D
"Beagling is like wrestling, leave your excuses with your mommy" TallPaul 2008

Rabbit Fever

Post by Rabbit Fever »

Enjoy them while you can soon enough they will be off to college. Baseball was a huge part of my childhood, my dad played AAA in the Indians organization in the 50,s. My younger brother played for the Mahoning Vally scrappers for many years as a catcher. I coached my sons teams all the way from Tball to Highschool varsity. Now we play together in a wood bat league he's my shortstop and catcher. He also plays college ball in South Dakota. Some very good memories we built on the ball field. You sound like a good father keep it up.

tom summers

Post by tom summers »

Glad the kids & family are first. I ran into this problem years ago mine is now a junior in college. This happens to most of us that start trialing at a younger age. Your time to trial will come again as the kids get older and start depending on us less and become more self sufficient but for now there is not much more gratifying in this world than seeing our kids excell in what ever they decide to do.
Best of luck and enjoy the times while you have them.
Tom Summers