Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

JBastin

Re: Most dominating performance you have witnessed??

Post by JBastin »

My Beagles, this is also a message from Don Smith.
David, you can get on this board and say whatever you feel, but there was no apology to Ron or anyone else. Being that you were standing there, though I have no idea who you are to this very day, the exact words that were said was Ron stating that the dog would "never win another trial", which is when I replied "Sorry you feel that way, but he won today." It was also good sportsmanship when the other handlers shook Ron's hand, however they were not the ones judging the dogs and they didn't see the things the other judge and myself were seeing while riding horseback. David, you keep saying that you saw an "epic performance" in ten minute periods where no other dog could get the front. I, however, was staying right up on the hounds and I just didn't see what you were seeing. That was a nice pack of hounds, but Tyke did not have as much as you claim he did. But with that being said, he did run well enough to get second place. Listen David, we are all a little biased towards our friends dogs at times, and I believe that's how you felt, and that's fine, but you don't need to try to question other peoples' judgment. I have been doing this for a long time and it's people like you who have been in for a few years and think you know everything. None of us will ever know everything, but if you watch you can learn things all the time. Tyke was an outstanding hound and I would have fed him anyday, but the other hound was just a little better that day. If you want to talk about this, feel free to call me anytime.

606-669-4038

teddy

Post by teddy »

The most dominating performance I ever witnessed was Mike Tyson vs Micheal Johnson...Tyson knocked him out cold in the first round....knocked his tooth out too..now that's a performance. Top that one.

gwyoung

Post by gwyoung »

The most dominating performance that I have seen in some time is Don Smith dominating mybeagles.

RollingTrack

Post by RollingTrack »

GOOD OLD TYKE! STILL MAKING THE HEADLINES!! LOL :D
ROLLING KENNELLS
-------HOME of-------
RILEYS ROLLING DIRTY GIRL
RILEYS ROLLING JAZZY J
RILEYS ROLLING MISS DIXIE

Pine Lakes

Post by Pine Lakes »

I can't remember exactly what year, but I watched the late Harry Wilson's 13" female dominate a winner's pack for the win. I think her name was Kingwood's KY Hills Nessa. It was in the mid 90's if I recall correctly and I have never been more impressed by a single dog. I've never seen a single dog destroy a winner's pack like she did that day. I also watch FC Schroeder's RJ Slammer look very strong for her 3rd win. She's one of the best 15" females I've ever seen, definately in the top 3. Another top 15" female that I witnessed own a winner's pack was FC White Oak Creek B&J's Blitz, also in the top 3. In South KY's winner's pack the rabbit came out of the thicket and ran along side the road before it cut back in. Blitz came out with her nose glued to the track while the other females were swinging, jumping over her, and even bumping into her and she never fumbled that track. I had a female in that winner's pack and I'm not ashamed to say that she got her butt handed to her. They say "every dog has his day", but I'm here to tell you that special dogs like the ones I mentioned are rare. Mark Ross owned FC Branko's Rising Sun Molly who was possibly the fastest bitch I've ever seen. I drew out with her in the first series with my female, Hamrick's Cadillac Supreme that was hard hitting, just not nearly hard hitting as Molly that day. FC Shaw's Trailblazer Skunk would leave a pack of big males if they weren't close to him when he found it, an extremely impressive specimen. I consider myself blessed to have witnessed some very fine hounds, even if they weren't mine. I hope before my time expires that I can say that about a hound that I enter.

Jon Gibeaut

Post by Jon Gibeaut »

Watched smokes creek syris Magee and Brent's prime time in a brace in 90 t degree heat run at southern wv beagle club. Those 2 put on a clinic on how to run a rabbit. Smokes creek won but in my book they both won. On a day that any other dog would've gave up those 2 pounded. It was the first time I ever seen both hounds run and it was crazy how they could get glued to a line in that heat and drive it. Prime time got beat that day but in my book they both was was winners.

jdwiley

Post by jdwiley »

Casey Harner wrote: You tell the judges didn't like jdell. That's why jdell got second. He destroyed that pack!
I remember that day, as I was one of those judges!
But I do feel that I need to correct you on one thing in particular. It wasn't that we didn't like J-Dell,his trial record speaks for itself! It was that Larry Davis's female Dora,was checking that pack hard! She was pretty weak mouthed, so I'm sure you couldn't hear that part of the race when the pack drove that rabbit out from the gallery for what seemed like a mile! We had to call time out to catch up a few times! If I remember right, those two had a close score, but he had 2 minuses for slipping the line out on the pack.
It's real easy to hear a hound win, but to see the majority of the race is quite a different story!

Back to the topic,the most dominating performance that stands out in my mind was while I was judging a cast of grands at a progressive pack hunt in Chillicothe OH. Guy Russell's female, Polly, was putting it on the cast running a half grown rabbit. It was really hot and Guy scratched her after a half hour of running, said it wasn't worth killing her,as she had some age on her.
After another 20 min. race and time expired, Polly would have still had the highest score! Guy just shrugged it off and said that she had done enough in her career!

Alabama John

Post by Alabama John »

For the old timers:
when I was going through the AKC apprentice program to become a judge, the Pleasant Run beagles always were some to watch. Don't know if they even show up on anyones 7 generation papers today.

John Way

Post by John Way »

Have seen many excellent performances , but this one always stands out. FC Kotch's Moss Glen Shooter. FC Fam's Mountain View Bruno X Hunters Creek Speck.
Pioneer Beagle Club 2008. Shooter was my high hound that day after 1st & 2nd series. With a 9 dog 15" male winners pack drawn. Right off, We jumped a very cooperative cottonatail. Shooter absolutely dominated that winners pack with all the desireable tools a hound can possess. About an hour chase with only a few slight hesitations.Steady driving chase. Not a hound there ever smelled a track ahead of Shooter. He left nothing , no openings. This was his trial. Believe finished that day.

warddog

Post by warddog »

Here again we see in the postings that subjectiveness and opinion differ among the posters as to not only the best dog of any given day BUT what made them feel that way. One expressly stated they did not like a specific style, a specific dog was running, a specific day and my question is "was that a violation of the WRITTEN rules of the specific format" and if not as a judge that should NOT be a factor and if so then I can understand using it as a determining factor. I think it is virtually impossible to remove human emotions from a judgment as there are so many variables that are easy to cover up when judges have sole authority over anything. I would much rather stand trial by a jury than by a judge or two, especially if the judge(s) have dogs in the maze!

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

warddog wrote:Here again we see in the postings that subjectiveness and opinion differ among the posters as to not only the best dog of any given day BUT what made them feel that way. One expressly stated they did not like a specific style, a specific dog was running, a specific day and my question is "was that a violation of the WRITTEN rules of the specific format" and if not as a judge that should NOT be a factor and if so then I can understand using it as a determining factor. I think it is virtually impossible to remove human emotions from a judgment as there are so many variables that are easy to cover up when judges have sole authority over anything. I would much rather stand trial by a jury than by a judge or two, especially if the judge(s) have dogs in the maze!
Well said !
TheJohnBirchSociety

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Yeah Jon, I remember that trial at Southern WV well. Prime Time almost died after the first series; passed out as I was leading him back to the truck. I ran him down to the river & dumped him & he came to. I was sitting in the truck with Marvin Bowman whose Lumber Easy Rider took NBQ that day& the outside temp. was 102 according to his truck.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

WELLS WOODS wrote:Yeah Jon, I remember that trial at Southern WV well. Prime Time almost died after the first series; passed out as I was leading him back to the truck. I ran him down to the river & dumped him & he came to. I was sitting in the truck with Marvin Bowman whose Lumber Easy Rider took NBQ that day& the outside temp. was 102 according to his truck.
I remember that day as well I know who I bred to
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

I still have a photo of Prime Time breeding your female. God I miss that dog. I was very proud of him that day & very impressed with Syris. I drew him in all three series & it was those two to the very end; back & forth. What I would give to be back in that truck with my old friend , the late Marvin Bowman talking about dogs, how hot it was & how crazy we had to be to be running in it. I'll never forget Marvin's reaction when I told him over the phone that Easy Rider had just finished at Western Ky; makes chills run through me. Some of my best friends have been made through beagling.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

I would pay a pretty penny to breed to him again. I had only heard about prime time but I went to southern west Virginia to see for myself I was very impressed with his patience. I had a grand pup to primetime named showtime that wasn't to shabby either. I have a 3 yr old female grand pup to prime that money couldn't by I am hard pressed to find a stud to breed her to. ive been out of the game for a couple of years.
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON