Kennel names

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

NorthBranch Rummer

Kennel names

Post by NorthBranch Rummer »

If you buy a "Branko" dog that has someone other than Branko K. as the breeder- Is it really a Branko dog??

NorthBranch Rummer

Re: Kennel names

I say absolutely NOT.......Unless you have confided in Branko (and he knows both dogs) and got his approval for the breeding. Its Not a Branko dog!

Mark T

Post by Mark T »

I agree, unless the prefix is Branko and the breeder is listed as Branko Krpan. It can be "Branko bred", I see this term used loosely though.

jmorskennels

Post by jmorskennels »

Let me see if I completely understand this. If I buy two direct dogs male and female from Branko and would breed those two then they wouldn't be Branko breed. Maybe I'm reading to much into this or missing something but I would have to say yes then. Are we asking about a name or dogs. Don't get me wrong Branko has breed some very nice dogs. And yes I own Branko dogs but have never bought a dog directly from the krpans. So I guess I don't own Branko dogs.

Jason Moore
Home of LPRCH GRBCH GRHBCH GRCH Jmor's Man of Mystery Red Mojo (For Stud)
Branko's Big Time Charlie (Branko's Kasey x Branko's Sweet Magnolia) (For Stud)

Gabby's Beagles

Post by Gabby's Beagles »

I'm with Jason. If the bloodlines are Branko and straight out of Branko dogs how are they not Branko? But I also know what you are trying to ask I think.

outrider66

Post by outrider66 »

When Branko makes an outcross to his line and has a stud dog out of that outcross and crosses it onto one of his females
are those pups Branko bred ? IMO yes Branko was the breeder ! If i had littermates to these dogs and crossed them i would
still consider them Branko bred ! This is a hair splitting subject that the same could be said about any popular line out there!
for an example cables tuff baba clyde comes to mind imo hes branko bred top and bottom but i believe Ferrell smith is the
breeder of clyde . but IMO hes branko bred. If someone gets a breeding pair from green bay kennels and gets pups IMO they
are green bay bred !And they trace back to BRANKO LOL!!! A TRULY HAIR SPLITTING SUBJECT INDEED !

likeemfast

Post by likeemfast »

Branko bred- Bred by the man himself, and out of Branko's kennel, to you.

Branko breeding- Dogs with Branko breeding in their background, but the cross was not made by Branko personally.

Face it, Branko did not create his 1st male and female with clay and then bring them to life, he got his start from somewhere else also, ...... from someone else's breeding and attached his kennel name to it. Difference is, he has done this for so many years, and very well at that, people just consider it Branko. JMO
Home of

HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Kickin Up Dust
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Ugly Sister
HOF GRHBCH Dizzy D's Top Notch Lacy
(aka UKC HBCH Red Oak Top Notch Lacy)

sammiller03

Post by sammiller03 »

i would call it from the branko line.. I will use patch as an example. i had pure patch dogs at the time i put patch on their registered names. if i were to do it again i would not. the decisions i make may not be the same as the origional breeders. if i took two dogs straight from branko and bred them the puppies would not recieve branko any where in their name.

sam
Millers Old Line Kennel
Grantsville, Md.

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

I think if you own the female and are having the pups, you can name them whatever kennel name you desire. Unless you and the stud owner has some sort of agreement to carry the studs kennel name.
So if you personally owned 2 branko dogs, and bred them, that is your cross, that is what you wanted, name them what you will, but the breeding behind them(bloodline) would be branko all the way in their ped till it gets to where branko himself used 2 diff dogs to get a branko dog. Which that could be 4-8 generations back, cause branko has been breeding for years.
If that was the case we would not have Turbo bloodline, Ninja Bloodline, etc, cause they come from Branko hounds.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

NorthBranch Rummer

likeemfast wrote:Branko bred- Bred by the man himself, and out of Branko's kennel, to you.

Branko breeding- Dogs with Branko breeding in their background, but the cross was not made by Branko personally.

Face it, Branko did not create his 1st male and female with clay and then bring them to life, he got his start from somewhere else also, ...... from someone else's breeding and attached his kennel name to it. Difference is, he has done this for so many years, and very well at that, people just consider it Branko. JMO
Your right here mostly, but it doesn't matter if he's been doing it for 40yrs or 4 months. The "Branko" name is attached to his vision of the breeding. It doesn't matter what 2 dogs he breeds.

NorthBranch Rummer

And I don't mind splitting hairs every now and then!! :nod:

Tsa la gi

Post by Tsa la gi »

I raise Patch Hounds. I have chose to reg them as Tsa La Gi`s Pache so/so. We can not use the word PATCH alone but can incorporate it in the name. The only reason I use Pache is to let folks know my Hounds are a LINE TRACING BACK TO WILLET RANDALL`s PATCH HOUNDS. I have, do and will continue to do so. You see I as well as (we) Patch Breeders have been labeled WACO PATCH PEOPLE. I breed nothing like willet did and would not have the PATCH KENNEL NAME.

COME RUN
a
If I called my dogs Thumper, Singer, Ol Sam . Folks would wonder , What breed dogs are those.

Rcoff

Post by Rcoff »

I figure if someone advertises a Branko dog for sale and it didn't come directly from Branko's kennel, then he is riding on another mans hard work and reputation to make a sale, and lots of times it works. Years ago I used another kennel name in one of my dogs name and I will not do it again. I don't think there is anything wrong with putting a hint of another kennel name in a dogs name; it helps to tell the background; but to me a Branko dog is one he bred himself, just like a Coffman beagle is one I bred myself.
Thanks,
Bob
:loser: Coffmans Dougie Macrae at Stud (HOF Happyrun Calico Clem)
Coffmans Rabbit Ridge Hit Man (IFC Kickaz X South Woods Marley)

NorthBranch Rummer

Rcoff wrote:I figure if someone advertises a Branko dog for sale and it didn't come directly from Branko's kennel, then he is riding on another mans hard work and reputation to make a sale, and lots of times it works. Years ago I used another kennel name in one of my dogs name and I will not do it again. I don't think there is anything wrong with putting a hint of another kennel name in a dogs name; it helps to tell the background; but to me a Branko dog is one he bred himself, just like a Coffman beagle is one I bred myself.
Thanks,
Bob
:check:

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

I believe it is. It's no different then Reggie. He's a branko dog. Just from a different kennel. He's directly out of Turbo so I don't see how you can't say he isn't branko bloodlines.