Best check dogs?

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

cjones

Best check dogs?

Post by cjones »

The dominating performance thread got me to thinking, what are some of the best check dogs you have seen? The dogs that always seem to pick up the checks and roll out leaving the rest of the pack playing catch up. I have seen a few very good ones over the years. In the finals at Chillicothe one day I saw GRCH&GBCH Staten's the jokes on you destroy the the dog i was running, to the point he could have been picked up after 20 mins and I still would have never caught up.
LPGRCH GBCH Saten's Big Time Bodie
LPGRCH GBCH Staten's Blue Honey
LPRCH Windy Ridge Boy Named Sue
LPRCH BCH BLK'S Little Girl
Staten's Up Front Ami

Casey Harner

Re: Best check dogs?

Post by Casey Harner »

FC GD Glomski's Big Time...

Glomski's Thunder Run Jdell

FC Kimbrel's Kick Em up Kane

Rice's Copper Head Road
Last edited by Casey Harner on Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

big mike 50

Post by big mike 50 »

Only saw White Oak Creek's Jada Bella go once but she impressed me a lot in the check area.
When the tailgate drops the bull$#!t stops

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Warfield red ! ;)
TheJohnBirchSociety

Ohiohntr

Post by Ohiohntr »

Male - FC Kimbrel's Kick Em up Kane - Judged and put a win on him in AR....he always returned to the point of loss and walked several out to get the track going again.

Female - FC Bush's Jammin Jojo - She checked an extremely nice winners pack over and over in IL to go on for her final win
FC Green Bay Nemasket Singer
FWR Blue Boy's Lightfoot

Shady Grove Beagles

Post by Shady Grove Beagles »

I judged a male at a trial up in Kentucky on Don McCutchin's leased running grounds years ago.Can't remember the full name but he was New City---------
That dog absolutely put on a clinic for the other 4 dogs running behind him as they never got a check or could take it away from him.He left nothing for them.Not super fast but ran like he was on a string and was grabbing checks and taking them out before the other dogs even new there'd been a check!
Best check dog I've ever owned was Shady Grove's Ninja's Echo out of Knee High Little Man [Blue Barry brother] x Shady Grove's Dixie Flyer [ Ninja grand daughter ].Echo seldom would grab the quick checks from the pack but absolutely would ALWAYS grab the 5-10 minute checks when no other dog could lift it and you thought the race was over.
Hunting buddies loved her as she was a "race saver".
Home of a true hunting beagle that run to catch

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

speedy sport bred dogs are the best I have seen to claim checks
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

BB Beagles

Post by BB Beagles »

Puckett Creeks Tn Driver- great check dog, blows out of check are hard.
LPRCH My Views Jack of all Trade Ja-Lo- good nose and very good picking up hard checks
LPRCH Cat Country Cricket- great foot, runs good track, will not let check happen very often
Black Rocks Red Skank- in a long break down will pick up check, keep race going for sure
Rough Rivers Dolly Madison- fast at picking up checks and fast chop mouth lets you know she's got it.
Powerhouse's Sarge- huge confidence hound. If there he will find it.

These just a few off top my head I've seen run.
Last edited by BB Beagles on Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BONE BOX BEAGLES

wingmaster_01

Post by wingmaster_01 »

FC Whitney Creek Captain Jack. Greenbay Shooter x Shore Acres Dinah bred. He always knows where the point of loss is and will AWAYS return to the spot where he ran out of sent. Jack runs the track quick and accurate regardless of what the rest of the pack is doing.

Good Run'n,
Alan
Alan Plum
Stoney Creek Kennels
Edinburg, Va
703-926-2032

Home of FC Whitney Creek Captain Jack

transman63

Post by transman63 »

a guy that works for me . he get's paid on fri and ask me for a check on Monday.he say's he spent it at the bar. :bash:
AJ'S KENNEL'S .

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

transman63 wrote:a guy that works for me . he get's paid on fri and ask me for a check on Monday.he say's he spent it at the bar. :bash:
Sounds like a crack head !
TheJohnBirchSociety

DBFUZZ

Post by DBFUZZ »

Fcgd crystal kid checkers
A lot of the chubby checker stuff
FC GD CRYSTAL KID CHECKERS
HBCH DT BARTON'S DEMON TRAILS
GRHBCH HALFWAY FRENCHMANS BARBIE
Prc DT BARTON'S SUPER FLYING CHUBBY
http://WWW.DTBARTONSBEAGLES.COM

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Rudy LaPoint had a big female in the early 90's that I watched walk out a check at White Water Valley one year that has stuck with me all these years. I was just the field marshall that day & happened to find the rabbit squatted in the middle of the woods. The pack was scattered wide after several minutes working the check. Scenting wasn't very good , but she just kept walking the track getting closer & closer until she jumped it. I was impressed by her independence to ignore the other hounds running around her. I think her name was FC Workmans Fur Queen Mandy, Eyers Geneo's dam by Mr.T. When I think of a hound that may have dominated a trial, I don't always think about the dog with the most foot; I'm more impressed by checkwork; especially the ones that never give up no matter how long it takes to work it out. I have seen several great check dogs, but one of the best that I owned for a while was Near FC BJ's Fudd. When he came back in to you the rabbit was in a hole; if he stayed it was still up & 9 times out of 10 he would find it. The quickest dog I've had to find difficult checks & make it look easy was Valentine. She had more brains than any hound I've ever had.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

FC Sunset Scooter was a great check dog also; made our winners pack look good by saving the race more than once the time I judged him in Western Ky.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

South Woods kennel

Post by South Woods kennel »

Always liked FC Shooters page 2! but id have to say South Woods Spike blood turns out a hell of a check hound! Fc South Woods Hazel was known for her Check ability so id he shes the best ive seen.
Home of:

FC Lp South Woods Snooper
FC South Woods Cyclone
FC South Woods Miley
FC Lp South Woods Balla
CNLPC IFC South Woods Libby
NR FC South Woods Spike
FC South Woods Hazel