Double Cross of Speedy Sport good or bad

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

tdog

Re: Double Cross of Speedy Sport good or bad

Post by tdog »

how old is this speedy sport male and how big is he? Do you have any littermate females to him?

main event`s beagles

Post by main event`s beagles »

8yrs old and 14 inches outstanding check dog good hunt to
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S SAMMIE TO ME
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S ROXIE
LP RCH GRBCH MAIN EVENT'S JOE
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO
LP RCH LPBCH BIG CITY'S CREEK
LP RCH LPBCH MAIN EVENT'S KILLA MASON

tdog

Post by tdog »

I would love to see some double speedy sports crosses.. I wonder if there are any more females out there directly out of speedy sport..

main event`s beagles

tdog I had two and a guy by the name red bear has ann and jim stinnett has double both of these females are above average supreme check dogs
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO

foxxy

Post by foxxy »

Double is nice female.
DNA Jenny
Windy Ridge Lightning
Coal Runs Bowser
Coal Runs Lacey
Coal Runs Cappy
Coal Runs Amp
Coal Runs Yoshi
Lp r ch Turbos Grand Pappy Happy

dhoundman

Post by dhoundman »

male is 9 yrs old the female is third genaration speedy sport she is 3 yr old the other cross in female are one tuff ombre and warlock that is all she has in her

HS Run

Post by HS Run »

My two pups from my direct Speedy Sport female and My Levi X MR. T Male...Fire Balls!!

Mike McPherson

Post by Mike McPherson »

I bred IFC Sports Anna back to Sport years ago. FC Hunt-Em-Up Sonny's Carrie was a product of that cross. She could really burn a rabbit. Hunt-Em-Up Anna's Ann and Hunt-Em-UP Sport's Vic were also out of that cross. Both above average noses and rabbit running ability. Sport produced rabbit dogs. Art Beamer said " You could bred him to a collie and get a rabbit dog" I think he was right. Sport was amazing very smart that to me is the biggest attribute he thru. Carrie is 9 and for the first time came into heat. Bred her to FC Hunt-Em-Up Hope's Blazer yesterday morning. Now that boys should create some fire. Not many to run ahead of either of them in there day. I still base my kennel on Sport and will continue to do so. Miss that old boy he was really something special.

Hunt-Em-UP
You can't have to much "NLPC IFC SPEEDY SPORT"
Hunt-Em-Up Kennels

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

All to often on this board you hear second and third hand information about what crosses produced or what studs produced. You really want to know what sport produced or double crosses of sport and what he mixed well with? ask Mike. Its nice to see someone get on here and give first hand info on the sport stuff. I saw sport at Mikes kennel years ago. He must have been 13 years old. He was just sitting in the kennel like a perfect gentleman. He was all grey in the face and his black on his body was dull. He sat there like he knew he was the king. And he was. as far as double crosses of sport. I've seen a few run while up at his kennel and they were pocket Rockets. Very small, but full of hunt and not lacking in speed what so ever ....Sorry again for your loss of IFC Hunt-Em-Up Sports Anna..Mike and good to see you on here....Andre

tdog

Post by tdog »

Here is my Speedy Sport Grand pup.
He is Jigs in all four generations and off of HS run's female. I really like this one and he has tremendous tools.. He has two wins out of three hunts. He is out of Frenchmans Zacarys last who like Sport is a grandson to Jigs. So far every hound I have seen out of Sport run I have liked. It sure made a great cross to Zac also..

Mike
The best of luck to you with your litter.. They should make some nice dogs. Did you ever cross any Sport females to Jigs males? What is your experience with this cross?

Mike McPherson

Post by Mike McPherson »

No Tdog only because I have not had access to one. I like the Jigs stuff and if you could hook me up with a Jigs pup that would be nice.
I have a couple 1 year old males out of Anna and Blazer they are doing well, Sport grandson's. I have a female out of Shylo (Sport x Suzie) and Bangor's Barking Elvis she is 2 nice female. I have a 1 year old female out of Best (Sportx Shooter bitch) and Margret (Blazer Shooter bitch) doing well. I am carrying on with Sport have access to 3 different males out of Sport that I can and will breed to one or two of before they go. I guess I just like that Sport stuff.
Yes Andre Sport was the king he knew it so did every dog that stepped foot in that kennel he just had the IT factor.
Hunt-Em-Up Kennels

tdog

Post by tdog »

Mike,
We have a nice Jigs female we plan on breeding when she comes in.. I will let you know when we get pups.. I love the Speedy sport cross with Zac.. I hope you will have as good luck with these crosses.. What size dogs do you like? What is the bottom side of the males you know of out of sport.. We have an extremely nice Jigs female we may breed to one of them..

sbeagler

Post by sbeagler »

Shady Grove others stated that Staten's Blue Sammurai was throwing top knotch hounds. On top he is Reggie bottom side is many crosses of Jigs as much as you'll see. If you can go to www.beaglesfieldtrials.com and pay the reasonable fee for yearly use you will see the pedigrees of lots of hounds including this one.

main event`s beagles

fellas my uncle has a male out of sport and fc woodeyes super girl he is 8 yrs old and he could flat get it done he not flashy but a great check dog and good hunt and line control. there is a litter of 8 on the ground just born out of him, he is willing to sell a few
Last edited by main event`s beagles on Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LP BCH MAIN EVENT'S COCO

matts

Post by matts »

I know this is an old post but my branko male off speedy sport and brankos running river had more heart, desire and stamina of any dog I've ever had. He's coming ten soon and still will kill himself with hunt. I have a female that just came in off of a speedy sport female I'm going to try see what i get. Hopefully as much hunt as these two have