Who else has been conned into an order by LCS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mikka

Re: Who else has been conned into an order by LCS

Post by Mikka »

Mikka wrote:
fasttrackpa wrote:Dan, I am sure that someone will be in touch with you. While it was our mistake and Garmin does dictate prices strictly, I can't believe that you actually spoke to some one about this and was told nothing at all can be done. That is completely opposite of what LCS stands for... I hope you remember who you spoke to.
I talked to a woman I believe to be a sales rep. She told me exactly what I said I was told! I asked to speak to the manager and was turned over to another lady that just repeated the sorry excuse about it being a mistake and that prices could not be lowered as they were controlled by garmin and if I did not want to pay the full price, that she would arrange for me to get a return label.
I have not spoken to garmin yet to hear their side of the story.
Sorry to mention that the second lady said her name was Jamie.

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

Mikka wrote:
fasttrackpa wrote:Dan, I am sure that someone will be in touch with you. While it was our mistake and Garmin does dictate prices strictly, I can't believe that you actually spoke to some one about this and was told nothing at all can be done. That is completely opposite of what LCS stands for... I hope you remember who you spoke to.
I talked to a woman I believe to be a sales rep. She told me exactly what I said I was told! I asked to speak to the manager and was turned over to another lady that just repeated the sorry excuse about it being a mistake and that prices could not be lowered as they were controlled by garmin and if I did not want to pay the full price, that she would arrange for me to get a return label.
Sorry I forgot to mention that the second lady introduced herself to me as Jamie.

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

Mikka wrote:

I wasn't doubting that what you said is true when I said "I couldn't believe it" it was simply a figure of speech. Like I said before it goes against everything we try to do as far as customer service...and it pisses me off that one of my coworkers gave anyone cause to feel like you do. Dan, if you had spoken with me you would never have felt the need to post on here about being conned or ripped off, and calling people stupid. LCS has been in business for 40 years mostly because of our customer service.

BTW you aren't going to get any story at all from Garmin, they have nothing to do with the typo on the ads, that is all our fault. Believe it or not they will actually stop allowing business to sell their products if they find out that it's being discounted at all before they give the okay (when discontinued). We can't even blame the magazine. They put in what they are given...
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

bluemouse

Post by bluemouse »

Mikka did you consider that the mistake could be the magazine fault. (Copy and pasted) Then you state they put in what they were given in your last statement. HUM which one is it. I say honor your add and learn from your mistakes.

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

bluemouse wrote:Mikka did you consider that the mistake could be the magazine fault. (Copy and pasted) Then you state they put in what they were given in your last statement. HUM which one is it. I say honor your add and learn from your mistakes.
I stated they put in what they are given. I never once blamed any one...but thanks for your input.
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

deerhost

Post by deerhost »

I have purchased from LCS on many occasions and have always been more then happy. I always get professional prompt orders and instruction if I need help with an item. Nice people that go out of there way for you. It's hard to believe that the price of the item was not questioned when it was purchased, especially that it $70 more then the magazine ad price. I know if it were me it would be the first thing I would ask at checkout and even before I checked out. This almost sounds like the item was purchased and then an ad for a better price was seen after the fact. Sorry to offend anyone but "I'm just sayin". It does not take a brain surgeon to figure this one out.

buck's beagles

Post by buck's beagles »

I have done a lot of business with lcs and became friends with a lot of the guys and girls there. Always bin helped and treated right! Not sticking up for anybody but when I seen the price the first thing I did was pick up the phone and check to see if that price was right. I found out quick it was a typo! So not to question this at purchase time sorry!!
Coon Hollows Kennels
Tyrone, PA 16686

Home Of:
Coon Hollows Zane
Coon Hollows Mack Truck
Coon Hollows CoCo
Coon Hollows Zoey
Coon Hollows Zeke

APFII

Post by APFII »

I do not want to benefit from someones mistake . If someone gives me too much change ,I give it back. If mistake was made on the priceing at LCS . I would not try to take advantage of it.

upstatenybeagler

Post by upstatenybeagler »

Mikka, its a simple mistake but do your homework. LCS does not intend to rip off anyone. By far the best company out there to buy hound supplies. I have purchased from them dozens and dozens of times with only 1 issue and they corrected it with no argument. Relax and get the facts and talk to a good rep from LCS before trying to ruin the name of a great company who do not just sell hound supplies but also contribute to the breeds and hunt/trial as we all do. Andy Purnell is my go to guy for questions and hes been awesome from day 1.
*IFC Beavercreek's Kickaz*
Drum Runner's PB Blaster
Drum Runner's Twisted Tank
Drum Runner's Sniper
Drum Runner's Savage
Drum Runner's Little Kickaz
Drum Runner's NEK Digger
Drum Runner's NEK Jack-Off

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

I am in no way trying to ruin LCS. I say their customer relations skills need to be at the least honed. Mistakes exist to be made and corrected. I don't know about others, but if I had made a mistake like that my priority would have been to inform potential clients ofthe mistake. As previously stated, a quick email to their clients in their database, An acknowledgment of the mistake on the LCS virtual store front etc...
Anyway, LCS via this forum asked for my name and indicated that someone would be in contact with me. I provided my name as asked but have yet to be contacted. Still waiting...

Chris Hornick

Post by Chris Hornick »

I have been a customer of LCS for many, many years, even going back to the old store in Port Matilda. I have ordered online, over the phone and in person at the store. I have always been treated extremely well and have been very pleased. On one occasion, I didn't have much time but was going to be near the store. When I arrived, everything I needed was right there at the counter ready for me. Andy Purnell is great and will give you a beaglers' point of view. Nothing but positives from this customer.

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

Ok! Nuff said! I don't want to say much about where I worked, but in our work jargon, what LCS did was just to send a balloon to generate interest. Where I worked, we would leak info, but just enough to generate interest and gauge the people opinion on that little leak info. If it would generate lots of positive actions, then the announcement was made. That's pretty much the sAme LCS is doing. Generate interest with false advertising to boost sales.
If no one from LCS is going to call me, I will call them but in my books, this is at the least very bad advertising on their part. And if it bites back, the least they could do is contact the customers and explain their stand,
Starting to wonder if they just don't give a f&$ck about international customers.
I would really appreciate if LCS would initiate a resolution but! I may not be worth it as a returning customer.
As I said previously, I needed the collars, that is why I ordered. It would have been nice if the advertised price would have been honoured, but hey, a personal sorry we screwed up would be welcomed and would ensure that our relation would continue.

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

I have ordered stuff from LCS with No problem ! BUT I can see how MIKKA Feels Because in my BETTER BEAGLING MAGAZINE FOR AUGUST THEY HAVE A THE PRICE FOR A EXTRA COLLAR AGAIN FOR $229.00 UNLESS That Price that you where talking about was in the August and Not the July Magazine :?: No I CHECK MIKKA SAID THE JULY ISSUE SO SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THIS I THINK :!:

ken pack

Post by ken pack »

Can kind of see Mikka position about the ADD of LCS EXTRA TT10 TRAINING COLLAR FOR $229.00 That the price was in THE JULY and now the AUGUST ISSUE BY BETTER BEAGLING MAGAZINE, That
maybe this Mistake can happen one time but two times I could see getting Reimburse for this NOW just because he didn't want too because he needed it anyways. I can't see this happening again maybe LCS should have call the magazine about this or who ever to get this off or maybe BETTER BEAGLING NEEDS TO Reimburse MIKKA IF IT'S THEIR MISTAKE. I see a lot of Adds that sale Product have on the bottom of their ADDS that they're not responsible for Printing errors and I don't see it on this this on LCS ADD :!: And let me make this clear I don't know MIKKA to take up for him. JMHA

steve w

Post by steve w »

Milka, did they change the laws regarding Garmin collars up there? Last I knew the Canadian government did not allow there use.