Who else has been conned into an order by LCS

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Mikka

Who else has been conned into an order by LCS

Post by Mikka »

After receiving my Better Beagling issue for July and seeing the LCS add on spare TT10 collars for only 229.99', I put in an order for another alpha 100 to back my unit and collar combo for 799.00 and an extra collar for 299.99 expecting the price would be adjusted to reflect the price in not one but two adds in the July issue.
I received my stuff today and found out that I paid the full 299.99 for the extra collar.
I called and I was given a plain sorry someone screwed up and Garmin control the prices... I asked to talk to the owner but it seems it's like calling the president of the USA and I am waiting for his call...
Here, North of the Border, merchants are to sell for the price advertised until corrected. I would have thought that USA would have the same rule, given that from what I keep hearing from US beaglers that USA is so much more to live in?
So anyone feeling my pain or you all just fold in and say screw the 70 bucks surcharge?

steve w

Re: Who else has been conned into an order by LCS

Post by steve w »

Send it back, you got 30 days to try it out last I knew.

Big Mike

Post by Big Mike »

Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had a bad experience with LCS , and I have ordered many items. Just send it back ,or call Garmin and advise them that LCS is not honoring the sale price. FYI Also have had positive experiences with Gundog Supply.
Big Mike

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

Mikka, I work at LCS and can assure you it was not anything done to trick someone. It was simply a Typo on the advertisement(s). If you placed the order online and saw the price at 299, you should have stopped there and called. I am very sorry you feel as if you were ripped off but truly it was a simple mistake. If you would like to return it give me a call on Monday and I will get a return lable to you and issue you a full refund when it arrives back to us. (the owner has people that he pays to take care of this sort of thing) Sorry
Andy Purnell-Dead River Beagles
FC Purnell's Greens Valley Dixie
FC Purnell's Dead River Rebel RIP
FCGD Dead River Hare Razin Ruby
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Ranger
FCGD Purnell's Dead River Bloo Bell

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

How stupid is it to return it? Obviously if I ordered the collar it was because I needed it! It is just the principle of it. Here in Canada, merchant honour pricing mistake and won't hide behind lame excuses such as, "garmin controls the prices" garmin may do but they have no control over stupidity or lack of proof reading. One add I would say maybe, but two adds in the same magazine...
Anyhow, you tell the buck guy to call me and explain it to me.
Every week or just about, I get an email from LCS with offers. What would it have taken from writing in the very first line of this message that an error had occurred in the adds in BB magazine... No too much hassles or no one has brain in your sales dept?
Anyway, after spending a whole lot of money in the form of 8 bark limiters, 2 alpha 100 , 8 Tt 10 collars and only god knows how much more in collars and other stuff, I find that your sale dept has a very poor ethic dealing with costumers.
My business will from now on go to others with more brains and ethics.

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

What is your name?

steve w

Post by steve w »

Mikka did you consider that the mistake could be the magazine fault. If that was the case should the seller be still honoring the wrong price. Here in America most of the time merchants sell at the advertisemed price too,at the point of sale, by that I mean store. I hardly think it is fair to expect internet purchases to be held to the same standards. If they were people would seize every mistake and buy up the stock to re sell at great loss to a retailor.

Danny King

Post by Danny King »

I think the man deserves the price quoted in the magazine
Lets Run Em... Hammerdown...Yankee By Birth Rebel By Choice!

Harris MTN Magic

Post by Harris MTN Magic »

I agree with Danny if it was advertise for that price then he should get it for that price :bash:
Randy Harris

Home of
FC Green Bay Eli

Smoke'n Mack

Post by Smoke'n Mack »

If you are expecting a price, then you see a different price at the "checkout counter", wouldn't you get in touch with someone to see what was up?

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

fasttrackpa wrote:What is your name?
Dan carrier.

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

Smoke'n Mack wrote:If you are expecting a price, then you see a different price at the "checkout counter", wouldn't you get in touch with someone to see what was up?
Add was for summer pricing. You think (me anyway) that price will be adjusted accordingly at check out time. Credit cards payments are taken at the time the order is filled and sent out. Not uncommon even here to go to a store and see prices be discounted to sale prices at checkout time.

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

Danny King wrote:I think the man deserves the price quoted in the magazine
Bingo !
TheJohnBirchSociety

fasttrackpa

Post by fasttrackpa »

Dan, I am sure that someone will be in touch with you. While it was our mistake and Garmin does dictate prices strictly, I can't believe that you actually spoke to some one about this and was told nothing at all can be done. That is completely opposite of what LCS stands for... I hope you remember who you spoke to.

Mikka

Post by Mikka »

fasttrackpa wrote:Dan, I am sure that someone will be in touch with you. While it was our mistake and Garmin does dictate prices strictly, I can't believe that you actually spoke to some one about this and was told nothing at all can be done. That is completely opposite of what LCS stands for... I hope you remember who you spoke to.
I talked to a woman I believe to be a sales rep. She told me exactly what I said I was told! I asked to speak to the manager and was turned over to another lady that just repeated the sorry excuse about it being a mistake and that prices could not be lowered as they were controlled by garmin and if I did not want to pay the full price, that she would arrange for me to get a return label.
I have not spoken to garmin yet to hear their side of the story.