just tiered of those so called fast dogs

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

dhoundman

just tiered of those so called fast dogs

Post by dhoundman »

had them both SUPER fast / super slowe / medium fast / everything in between / like them all / just in my old age like them to settal in quick hit the field jump the rabbit and bring it around quickly / speed is not a big deal . get on the rabbit and stay on it/ i have seen them so called supper fast dogs that stay on it and loses it more then they run it. and i have seen slowe dogs that couldn't move up on it and i have seen meduim top fast dogs that couldn't stay on it, SO FORGET ALL THIS TALK OF SPEED AND GET TO THE FACTS /
If a dog can get a hold of the rabbit and makes it come around fast that is all that really matters.
UNLESS you are a field trialer then it is a hole another store. SO ALL THIS SITE IS FOR IS THE BIG FIELD TRIELER THAT JUST WANT's TO TALK ABOUT NOTHING BUT TALK.

BAR-NONE

Re: just tiered of those so called fast dogs

Post by BAR-NONE »

no offense, and you may be right about this site being a feild trailers site, but you seem to be one of the people that do the most takling.
In GOD we trust, everybody else pays cash

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

dhoundman wrote:had them both SUPER fast / super slowe / medium fast / everything in between / like them all / just in my old age like them to settal in quick hit the field jump the rabbit and bring it around quickly / speed is not a big deal . get on the rabbit and stay on it/ i have seen them so called supper fast dogs that stay on it and loses it more then they run it. and i have seen slowe dogs that couldn't move up on it and i have seen meduim top fast dogs that couldn't stay on it, SO FORGET ALL THIS TALK OF SPEED AND GET TO THE FACTS /
If a dog can get a hold of the rabbit and makes it come around fast that is all that really matters.
UNLESS you are a field trialer then it is a hole another store. SO ALL THIS SITE IS FOR IS THE BIG FIELD TRIELER THAT JUST WANT's TO TALK ABOUT NOTHING BUT TALK.
You got a lot to talk about, but I can't seem to digest what your post is about?
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

warddog

Post by warddog »

I think I got what he is talking about and that is that speed or style is not much interest to him. I think he believes like I do, that a dog finding and latching onto a rabbit track and bringing it to the gun without me freezing to death waiting on it to circle is a RABBIT DOG. I don't put much stock in all the fanciful names and descriptions that folks put on dogs, as one that does as dhoundman described is a rabbit dog, period. Can't say that I have seen a flashy hound in my life unless it is was little FiFi dressed up in a too-too for the Easter parade. Dogs are dogs but they sure have a hard time living up to their owners expectations of what they should be but yet what one man culls another man loves.

rabbitearl

Post by rabbitearl »

Rabbits make a big different and the place makes a big different too. here in NC if your dogs are to slow they will never bring the rabbit out in them thick place and if you have fast fast dogs and not a lot of rabbits your in trouble too. Its the place and how many rabbit are in there that make the speed of a dog, or a big but and a big but. Its not that dog but who can put a back together to rabbit hunt over.Lots of rabbits will make any dog look good.

rabbitatfarm

Post by rabbitatfarm »

I trial some, but enjoy reading all the posts, mostly to learn something new. It's hard to circle a rabbit if it decides to got to ground. Had lots of short races last winter.
LP R Ch Quick Strike Go Go Boots
LP R Ch Quick Strike Big Red

littlewoody

Post by littlewoody »

This site to me is where all hounds are welcome I'm a rabbit hunter I don't trial cause health issue .
TheJohnBirchSociety

GAMEOVER

Post by GAMEOVER »

I am not a full time guy who trials, and i like a dog that dont overrun so much it would never do here in nc, and a dog thats slow you would never see a rabbit .i like dogs that can get the rabbit up and push him to leave the thick stuff so i can get a shot, as for the trials for alot its about the title and bragging rites that comes with your hard work training a dog , and for most its a time just to get together and chew the fat so to speak with other hunters and catch up on the gossip and this site may have a dominant population of field trialers , so what ,i think there are just as many rabbit hunters as well but i think the common thread we all share is we enjoy dogs, the thrill of the chase and what the next litter may bring so why cant we all let our love lites shine and be happy for our fellow beagler s and and respect what they enjoy :?:

bigcfromrbc

Post by bigcfromrbc »

Not everyone considers a fast dog to be fast and so forth. Why I rather show in the field.