Haunted hill Shaker stud dogs not listed on the board

A general forum for the discussion of hunting with beagles, guns, clothing and other equipment and just talking dawgs! (Tall tales on hunting allowed, but remember, first liar doesn't stand a chance)

Moderators: Pike Ridge Beagles, Aaron Bartlett

Dblsmith

Haunted hill Shaker stud dogs not listed on the board

Post by Dblsmith »

Anyone know of any really good ones with HH shaker as close as possible
Last edited by Dblsmith on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lawsonsbeagles

Re: Shaker stud dogs not listed on the board

Post by Lawsonsbeagles »

There is a direct male in indiana im pretty sure. Darrell reynolds is his name i believe.
Lawson's Beagles
Jeff Lawson

ironjawdawgs

Re: Shaker stud dogs not listed on the board

Post by ironjawdawgs »

Lawsonsbeagles wrote:There is a direct male in indiana im pretty sure. Darrell reynolds is his name i believe.
What was his mommy side bred like, and will this guy give his info out to be reached or let anyone breed to the dog? Thanks in advance.

Lawsonsbeagles

Re: Haunted hill Shaker stud dogs not listed on the board

Post by Lawsonsbeagles »

Im not sure.
Lawson's Beagles
Jeff Lawson

ironjawdawgs

Post by ironjawdawgs »

Lawsonsbeagles wrote:Im not sure.
Okay thanks. If anyone finds out can you please post it here?

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

Shaker passed away Back in May 2002. I don't remember the exact date but it was shortly after I bred Burr Oak Angelica to him. She had her litter on 07/02/2002. As far as i know Burr Oak Mack is the last dog living out of that litter. I ran him saturday night and he still looks pretty good for a 12 year old. Larry Perry had his littermate brother Burr Oak Bert . Mack is not at public stud because he is 12 now and while he is still willing to try I'm not sure he has any thing left. However it looks like I might have gotten lucky. We'll find out for sure on 07/30 .Any other dogs still alive out of shaker would be older than 12 unless someone had some semen from him. Shaker was 9 years old when he passed on. As far as I know he only produced one more litter after I bred to him.

XII Pole Valley Bridget II was bred to him and had a litter on 07/06/2002. I'm pretty sure that this is the last litter sired by Shaker. I think Bean Wolf owned her at that time. A friend of mine had a bitch out of that litter ( Searle's TinkerBelle ) Bridget was out of Gentle George and KY Mtn Chelsea ( Sampson x maggie)
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

Ken Yerian

Post by Ken Yerian »

Adam Seger owned Fagan's Cotton candy ( Shaker X Bridgette) and bred her to Green Bay Shooter. He finished a female out of that cross. (Segar's Shooting Shadow). I don't know of any males out of that cross but there could be some . maybe Adam will see this post and help us out.
Ken Yerian
Burr Oak Beagles

mdbeagler

Post by mdbeagler »

Ken Yerian wrote:Adam Seger owned Fagan's Cotton candy ( Shaker X Bridgette) and bred her to Green Bay Shooter. He finished a female out of that cross. (Segar's Shooting Shadow). I don't know of any males out of that cross but there could be some . maybe Adam will see this post and help us out.
Adam bred Candy to Dirty Pond Tangeree ( Dirty Pond Laika x Striker) I believe he still has at least 1 big male out of that cross, I had 2 littermates out of that cross.
One of the males died a few years ago; the other male is in Virginia with a friend of mine.

Casey Harner

Post by Casey Harner »

Ken Yerian wrote:Adam Seger owned Fagan's Cotton candy ( Shaker X Bridgette) and bred her to Green Bay Shooter. He finished a female out of that cross. (Segar's Shooting Shadow). I don't know of any males out of that cross but there could be some . maybe Adam will see this post and help us out.

Candy was a real nice bitch. Seen her many times and I watched shadow before she hit the trials. Ran similar like Candy.

If you wanna find out about those males, you better get on the phone cause Adam don't check this board at all.
Isaiah 53:5
Philippians 3:13-14

RIP Harner's Briar Bashin' Blaze

Coal Run Jody
Harner’s Bush Whacker

Speed is fine, accuracy is final.

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Wonder if the guy in Michigan (can't remember his name) that bought BJ's Fudd ever got any pups from him. I guess Fudd is dead now. Fudd was a fine hound & produced some nice hounds for me. He was directly by Shaker & IFC Stoneyhill's Tamarack.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

mjd

Post by mjd »

Scott calkins i think was who had a cpl shaker males in michigan,i think scott bager (sbadger)on here had one and sent it to michigan also
WELLS WOODS wrote:Wonder if the guy in Michigan (can't remember his name) that bought BJ's Fudd ever got any pups from him. I guess Fudd is dead now. Fudd was a fine hound & produced some nice hounds for me. He was directly by Shaker & IFC Stoneyhill's Tamarack.

Collins Country

Post by Collins Country »

I have a grandson to shaker, his dam was fc three jays jacks flash, shaker was bred to IFC squirrel creek angie. On top he's direct son of speedy sport
Robert Collins
Eubank, KY
606-383-2767

http://collinscountryky.tripod.com/

pcable

Post by pcable »

Guys the best thing about the old Shaker dog is the fact that not only did he produce great dogs, but his producing ability continues in his offspring as well! That to me is reason enough to keep a kennel full of Shaker blood! Throw in the Striker blood and it just seems to get better and better!
IF A DOG WON'T HUNT, IT CAN'T JUMP RABBITS!!!
Owner Co-Owner
Cables Ragin' Recoil
Cables Rockin Ruby
Cables Tuff Baba Clyde
Martin's Holly Lynn
Wireman's Little Ann

WELLS WOODS

Post by WELLS WOODS »

Found out Jack Coe in Mi did some line breeding with Fudd & his mate Radar:( Shaker x Tamarack). Might be worth checking out.
Wells Woods Kennel
Greg Wells

R.I.P.
FC Brent's Prime Time
FC Wells' Silver Spring
FCGD Wells Woods Valentine

Strange Daze Axle
Talkabout Cleo

Mandi Schafer

Post by Mandi Schafer »

I bred my hurry up female to the male dog thats directly out of shaker and darrell reynolds owns him. I was told by a friend that seen the dog run at a field trial last fall that the dog was dominating everything untill his age caught him. I kept 2 pups out of that cross im selling one female due to im raising a litter out of my HBCH and want to keep a couple of them. All of my pups that ive sold out of the shaker cross the people are very happy with they started good and they are only comming on harder the more they are ran. So darrells male is a good reproducer IMO, These pups i've kept are all strong strong dogs, the more I run them the better they keep getting. The sire to my pups and the dog that darrell owns name is pepper shaker. Very nice dog and he throws very nice pups.